: CARB. on the 425

7.0,hellyeah
10-01-04, 01:12 AM
I need to buy a rebuild kit for the rochester 4bbl off of my '79 425 but I dont know of any good name brand ones available. I was thinking about the edelbrock but I didnt know if they had a kit for this carb. I pulled the carb off of a mint '77 coupe deville at a junkyard. The thing woulda ran with a new battery had I not cut the crap outta all the wires to the carb and taken the brand new delco alternator. It was a dumb color, though. Anyway is there a good set anyone knows of? CARB#:17058530-3067

cadillacdeville
10-01-04, 02:07 AM
I have no Idea but I was wondering if you could do me a huge favor I have a 1977 sedan deville but the drivers side taillight is shot just the top part of it with the lense and the bulbs and there aren't any junkyards around me that have any 77 devilles could you if possible find out how much they want for it and possibly ship it to me I'm in Texas. if not thats fine. also it wasn't by chance a frost orange color was it?

scurling
10-01-04, 04:32 PM
Hey 7.0:

I rebuilt my Roch. 2bbl on my Chevy two times and basically have found only a couple of companies that make the kit these days.

I just went online to PartsAmerica and ran your vehicle specs.

You will need the exact model number from the carboretor. There is usually a metal tag, or the PN will be stamped into the exterior metal casing. On the 2bbl, the stamp is under the fuel inlet fitting. Your 4bbl carb number will be something like "17057232", but the last three or four numbers may be different.

With the model numnber and carb number you can get the correct rebuilt kit. I found various 4bbl kits from Borg-Warner, Neihoff, and GP Sorensen for around $24.00. NAPAonline is showing kits by Echlin Fuel System for the carb type M4, and Mileage Plus kits for the M4ME model.

When I rebuilt the 2bbl I used a Niehoff kit and float (float was a separate item) and had no problems.

Good luck.

7.0,hellyeah
10-06-04, 12:04 AM
In response to your question about the tail-lights that might not be possible, I took a hammer to the rear tailights trying to get those pesky rear body fillers off. Sorry, no it was a baby blue color, with a little green on some of the car. I found a decent carb kit that I got from napa auto parts. Funny, I live in Napa Ca.

FASSTWOOD
10-06-04, 01:00 AM
I have no Idea but I was wondering if you could do me a huge favor I have a 1977 sedan deville but the drivers side taillight is shot just the top part of it with the lense and the bulbs and there aren't any junkyards around me that have any 77 devilles could you if possible find out how much they want for it and possibly ship it to me I'm in Texas. if not thats fine. also it wasn't by chance a frost orange color was it?

Try this place its called cadillac king the # is 1-818-890-0621
Good luck...

Night Wolf
10-06-04, 01:13 AM
the body filler panels are bolted to the car.. look from the bottom...