: 10 speaker bose sytym, dsp settings?...help

caddydaddy2005
02-16-11, 06:50 PM
well i cant account for the 10 speakers!...i count six. two on the front pillars.
one on each door. gives me 6....wheres the other 4

also, in dsp settings i see stereo, surround, center...i can choose stereo and center but not surround, is there a reason?...is surround the default?

i have a 2011 srx performance. with nav..etc....
thanks guys!

stevec5375
02-16-11, 06:59 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/194972-speaker-location.html#post2182653

OffThaHorseCEO
02-16-11, 07:00 PM
pretty sure there will be on in the center on the dash, then probably 2 in the hatch, and a subwoofer in there somewhere

so

pillars and dash 3
each door 4
hatch 2
subwoofer 1
4+3+2+1=10

hey i guessed well, as soon as i hit submit i saw steves post...cool

stevec5375
02-16-11, 07:05 PM
pretty sure there will be on in the center on the dash, then probably 2 in the hatch, and a subwoofer in there somewhere

so

pillars and dash 3
each door 4
hatch 2
subwoofer 1
4+3+2+1=10

hey i guessed well, as soon as i hit submit i saw steves post...cool

:) Gotta luv that SEARCH feature.

Smokin' SRX
02-16-11, 11:18 PM
Ya beat me too Steve! good search. Gotta check that Surround feature...I don't have car tonite....but I seem to remember I turned mine on "Surround". Wonder why he cannot. I have a 2010 Perf .

SS

PJ1520
02-17-11, 07:54 AM
That surround is about the best advancement in audio sound since the introduction of stereo.

PJ

jcarlilesiu
02-17-11, 11:50 AM
Surround is only available while playing media which is broadcast or recorded in surround.

Pop a DVD in there and the surround button should highlight (infact default to that).

Surround isn't available on FM broadcasts for instance. Only stereo.

PJ1520
02-17-11, 01:43 PM
...............also, in dsp settings i see stereo, surround, center...i can choose stereo and center but not surround, is there a reason?...is surround the default?

thanks guys!

Surround can only be selected after you have chosen the modes that contain surround content, like XM or DVD. Don't think it works on the other radio settings (AM or FM). Auxiliary inputs like MP3, not sure as I dont have that.

PJ

Edit: Sorry boys for covering the same ground. Should have read further before posting.

caddydaddy2005
02-17-11, 06:20 PM
its not coming up with xm,or ipod. i will try dvd.

caddydaddy2005
02-17-11, 07:20 PM
not one xm channel...not one cd.....not one ipod song comes up surround!
i also put in a dvd that said dolby surround sound...when the dvd was first put in it read in the dsp setting surround....once it starts to play it go's to center point.
tried dvd option and it says eng 2.0 sound...so its not in 5.1

but whats the sense of having surround, if it dont work with 99% of the music you listen to.....

on bose website center point transfers reg music and sound into " surround" feeling.

but still....i want surround...lol

what do you guys think..is there a setting or some thing i missed?

thanks guys.

Hockeytown 1340
02-17-11, 11:38 PM
I tried out one of my DVD's for a few minutes (the original "Pirates of the Caribbean") and the 5.1 surround sound was great! But who sits in the front seat of their driveway for 2.5 hours to watch a movie? I played a DVD music audio CD "Eric Clapton" and again the sound was in 5.1 and sounded great.

BMANN06
02-18-11, 09:05 AM
But who sits in the front seat of their driveway for 2.5 hours to watch a movie? I played a DVD music audio CD "Eric Clapton" and again the sound was in 5.1 and sounded great.

This sound system is sick, if you have any DTS 6.1 DVDs this system supports the codec as well. I've got a special edition TOP GUN with DTS 6.1, WOW is about all i can say, I almost could sit in my driveway for 2 hours...LoL just make sure the motors runnin' that system will kill a battery in no time! It is amazing, about as gimmicky as that clutchless tip tronic tranny or whatever it is. BUT I LOVE IT!!!!

PJ1520
02-18-11, 10:18 AM
I wasn't aware the audio system automatically selects "surround" for playback when a source with surround content (DVD, XM, etc.) was selected. I thought you have to first select "surround" manually as your primary default playback mode, and the audio system replays surround content only if surround source content is being fed. If the source content is not in surround, THEN the audio system defaults automatically to stereo, appropriate to the content.

Or........ if you have manually set one of the audio preferences to another primary audio preference other than surround, then everything is played back in that selected audio preference, even if the source content is in surround.

I would check this myself, but my wife has taken off with the SRX........yet again.

PJ

caddydaddy2005
02-19-11, 09:00 AM
Ok, so how do I reset this, or how do I fix??
Can't get nothing in surround except a DVD

TheCaptain
02-19-11, 02:49 PM
Ok, so how do I reset this, or how do I fix??
Can't get nothing in surround except a DVD

That's because DVD is the ONLY thing you can listen to in "surround"!

sube5186
02-20-11, 04:39 PM
I'm afraid your complaint should be with the "source" and not the the audio system. The system can't produce Surround Sound from a regular stereo source. The XM signal is pretty crappy. It's a long ways off from a high bitrate MP3, let alone Surround.

Sube

GeeVee
02-20-11, 07:56 PM
I was very unhappy with the sound quality of XM so I discontinued the service. My local FM stations were far superior in sound.

KevinOpp
02-20-11, 08:22 PM
also, in dsp settings i see stereo, surround, center...i can choose stereo and center but not surround, is there a reason?...is surround the default?

thanks guys!

surround is meant mostly for us audio diehards who have DVD-Audio's or even DTS 5.1 CD's. if you don't know what those are, certainly research them, but it's not likely that it's something that you would get into.

and fwiw, i'm generally unhappy with the Bose system overall (i've always been an aftermarket kind of guy), but when i play a DVD-A, the circuitry changes so much it sounds incredible. i can easily compare a regular CD to the same album on DVD-A and the quality is night and day. and i don't mean the surround part----i mean what the speakers reproduce-----