: Measurements for placement of V logos

mstrjon32
02-16-11, 01:38 PM
Maybe someone has this information, or can take a tape measure and help me out...my car had some body work done before I bought it, the driver side fender was repainted. Well, they put the V logo and the GM logos on a bit sloppily...and I'd like to take them off and straighten them out so they're where they were when the car left the factory. If anyone has the specs for where these should be placed, that would be really helpful. I could just eyeball it, but I'd like it done correctly.

Also, any recommendations for adhesive? I was just going to hit the auto parts store and get some double-sided adhesive, unless there is something else I should be using.

Chris0nllyn
02-16-11, 02:34 PM
I pulled my badges off a few weeks ago...and it's definately a PITA to do without breaking them.

CancerJCC
02-16-11, 04:17 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/197121-high-res-picture-request-trunk-v.html

V-Guy
02-17-11, 09:33 AM
I just measured the location of my driver's side fender badges. For the V, horizontally it's exactly 3" from the right edge of the fender (measured from the point on the badge that is farthest right - the top right edge) and vertically the bottom of the badge is 19.5" from the very bottom of the rocker panel.

The GM badge is 1" from the right edge of the fender (measured from the right edge of the badge) and the bottom of the badge is 7" from the bottom of the rocker panel.

Stepside
02-17-11, 10:25 AM
Hmmm, probably none of them are exacly the same . .
because I got 2 13/16" & 19 1/4" where you got 3" & 19 1/2" for the V badge,
and I got 1 1/4" where you got 1" for the GM badge, and the same 7".
Good to know this info.

V-Guy
02-17-11, 11:05 AM
Hmmm, probably none of them are exacly the same . .
because I got 2 13/16" & 19 1/4" where you got 3" & 19 1/2" for the V badge,
and I got 1 1/4" where you got 1" for the GM badge, and the same 7".
Good to know this info.

That's interesting! (Probably depends on which guy at the plant is working that shift.)

Fastone27
02-18-11, 07:26 AM
i just replaced my emblems and i just taped off exactly around the existing emblem so I knew the exact location of my new ones plus it protected the paint etc. while getting the old ones off! It's a pain in the azz.

6 SPEED Z
02-18-11, 08:15 AM
Fishing line works best, like a very thin saw and it cuts through the sticky tape and does not harm the paint. Then some laquer thinner to get the sticky off, lol. Just kidding, alcohol and a little wax works good.