: Need Help. CTSV Specialty Shop in the NY/NJ Area

Paisan
02-15-11, 09:26 PM
Guys,

I need some help diagnosing some issues on my V and am looking for a place that specializes in these cars in the NY/NJ Area that I can bring it to.

Thanks.

-mike

rjoffe
02-15-11, 10:14 PM
A few hours south is Lindsay (DC)

Stepside
02-16-11, 11:47 AM
:hmm: What kind of issues will depend on what/where advice is given.
Engine? PowerTrain? :noidea: Electrical/Electronics?

Paisan
02-16-11, 08:27 PM
:hmm: What kind of issues will depend on what/where advice is given.
Engine? PowerTrain? :noidea: Electrical/Electronics?

Vibration in the drivetrain. We've done a lot of stuff to isolate the problem. Crank Pulley, Single Mass LS7 Flywheel/clutch, new motor mounts.

So looking for a good generalist for CTS-Vs, I would think that someone good with F-bodies and GTOs would also be helpful too.

-mike

Stepside
02-17-11, 08:04 AM
Well, the Driveshaft (Driveline/Axle Propeller Shaft) is two piece. Could be the center support bearing. Be sure to mark all parts prior to disassembly.
If it was ever taken out without alignment & reassembled, it could be 'out of balance'.

Twitch
02-17-11, 08:15 AM
Damn, I don't have the link on this computer. What was the name of that shop in Jersey? I think it was in little falls, it's three letters. They've seen a bunch of V's.
To be honest, I'd have them take a quick look at it. If they couldn't give me a definite answer, the next best option is a trip to Lyndsay. Vibrations are a bitch on our cars. Lyndsay probably sees five times as many V's as anyone in the country.
Good luck

Paisan
02-17-11, 09:05 AM
Well, the Driveshaft (Driveline/Axle Propeller Shaft) is two piece. Could be the center support bearing. Be sure to mark all parts prior to disassembly.
If it was ever taken out without alignment & reassembled, it could be 'out of balance'.

That's a great idea, although we've already eliminated that since the vibe is also present in neutral standing still. :)

-mike

Paisan
02-17-11, 09:06 AM
Damn, I don't have the link on this computer. What was the name of that shop in Jersey? I think it was in little falls, it's three letters. They've seen a bunch of V's.
To be honest, I'd have them take a quick look at it. If they couldn't give me a definite answer, the next best option is a trip to Lyndsay. Vibrations are a bitch on our cars. Lyndsay probably sees five times as many V's as anyone in the country.
Good luck

I'll give em a shot. I have to change out the trans mount from poly back to stock and see if that helps.

-mike

Stepside
02-17-11, 09:45 AM
Tony, that would be TTP or TTPerformance is what you were thinkin'.

There is also East Coast Supercharging in Cream Ridge, NJ

I think he can solve this himself, though.

shadybx7
02-17-11, 09:53 AM
i heard TTP is closed.. I think most people report that all aftermarket mounts will transmit vibs.. im never changein the stock trans mount. if its not broken dont fix it..

Paisan
02-21-11, 08:51 PM
Well to bring some closure to this issue. The culprit was the UUC transmission mount. When we removed it, the material was crushed and essentially pushing out of the mount. She is smooth as silk now. Glad we finally solved this issue, it was killing me and I actually was going to trade the car in. Now it's going to be exhaust and some suspension upgrades! :)

-mike

shadybx7
02-22-11, 09:14 AM
very nice.... i would recommend just changing the mufflers or just cutting them out completely.. all the 2.5in after market exhausts sound good but not worth it if you don't plan on going back to stock... i.e. you have space to save the stock catback.. i had a magnaflow when i visited your shop for the BBQ a while back.. no i have a 3in it probably overkill but i love the looks i get from it