: 'Tis about that time again.... FLORIDA SUMMER 2011

Stingroo
02-15-11, 11:18 AM
So last year was a blast. :) Does anyone want to do it again?

I know I do. :) If so: where? West Palm again? Some place else? This is all in serious conceptual stages as of now, so fire some ideas out there.:stirpot:

greencadillacmatt
02-16-11, 12:46 AM
I know Austin mentioned something about Georgia. Would be a good halfway point for us out-of-towners...

Lupin
02-16-11, 06:43 PM
Florida again. West palm. This time We do it the right way and actually go to the interesting parts of the city.

Stingroo
02-16-11, 06:49 PM
I agree. We really should. There's a lot down there we didn't do, plus an international airport at our disposal.

77CDV
02-18-11, 09:55 PM
So, major change of plan. I got word from the scheduler today that the weeks I wanted in August were not happening. So, I opted for the week of July 11-17. Still would have to fly in (not enough time to drive), but it looks like there's a Florida in my future! :)

Stingroo
02-19-11, 01:09 AM
WOOHOO!

It looks like we have our dates, gentlemen.

I like how this is almost an exact copy of last year. Craig flies, we meet. :thumbsup:

greencadillacmatt
02-19-11, 08:27 PM
WOOHOO!

It looks like we have our dates, gentlemen. :thumbsup:

Mmmmmm....... Win.......

GizmoQ
02-20-11, 10:07 PM
So, major change of plan. I got word from the scheduler today that the weeks I wanted in August were not happening. So, I opted for the week of July 11-17. Still would have to fly in (not enough time to drive), but it looks like there's a Florida in my future! :)

Well you kids have fun. Made my reservations a few months ago for the Corvette Homecoming that weekend.

Lupin
02-20-11, 11:25 PM
I think sting and I should collaborate more closely on the event planning this time, seeing as I am the one who lives in the midst of things.

77CDV
02-22-11, 12:52 AM
Capital idea, Matt.

Stingroo
02-22-11, 06:54 AM
Indeed.

*monocle*

77CDV
02-23-11, 03:02 AM
:lol:

ga_etc
02-23-11, 03:19 PM
Wait, wait, wait. Ray, why haven't you brought this up to me?

Stingroo
02-23-11, 11:28 PM
Austin, we've been over this. I have. You just weren't paying attention.

DATES CONFIRMED: July 15-17

And yes, we're hitting up the Tower Shops again to confuse our Californian friend with street legal fun.

ga_etc
02-24-11, 01:33 AM
Location?

And if you say FL I'm going to :hitstick:.

Stingroo
02-24-11, 03:13 AM
This will be a bigger and better West Palm Beach meet.

(Yeah, in FL. :) )

Lupin
02-24-11, 10:30 AM
How many people are we looking at this time? I have to know for event planning.

Stingroo
02-24-11, 10:34 AM
It's too early to tell honestly. What were you thinking?

Lupin
02-26-11, 12:31 PM
Roman style orgy was up on the list, but I don't think we'll have enough people to make that very interesting.

On a serious note, I just need to know whether to look for things for a large or small group. IE; If it's much bigger than last year, firing range would be difficult.

greencadillacmatt
02-26-11, 04:15 PM
Roman style orgy was up on the list, but I don't think we'll have enough people to make that very interesting.

LOL, it's kind of a sausage-fest anyways.

ga_etc
02-26-11, 04:29 PM
Come on Matt, you know you like sausage...

Stingroo
02-26-11, 04:53 PM
I don't think it'd be TOO much larger than last year.

And I would still very much be interested in a range trip.

Lupin
02-28-11, 09:52 AM
Some things to do that I can pop off the top of my head that are good quality examples of west palm would be...

Lion country safari
Hookah bar (Friends with manager)
Shooting range
Various restaurants
Mai-Kai is very interesting, was planned for last year I think
Ragtops museum
There's a few scrapyards, that's always fun
Some massive movie theatres
Shopping centres
We have like 3 Cadillac dealerships. That could be fun.

That was all just off the top of my head. I could think of way more.

Stingroo
02-28-11, 10:07 AM
We did LCS last year, it was decent but not feeling it this year.

Shooting range might be kinda fun.

Restaurants are a must anyway. Mai Kai was planned but is kind of out because they want a DEFINITE list of 15+ attendees and charge you like $50 per slot that you overbook. Not really wanting to foot the bill on that, and going there the night-of could be a 2+ hour wait (it's seriously that crazy).

Ragtops was cool. Are there any other museums in the area? I can hunt for some.

Scrapyard was funny. Lots of shenanigans occurred there....

Movies, ehhhhh.

And a pilgramige to the Cadillac dealership is a must. We didn't do it last year, we should have.

Also don't forget Tower Shops. That's a must-do. So much awesome in one place cannot be missed.

77CDV
03-01-11, 01:54 AM
Tower Shops, was that the cruise in we went to?

Stingroo
03-01-11, 07:19 AM
Yeah, where Matt got attacked by fire ants and all the other shenanigans went down. :)

77CDV
03-02-11, 01:58 PM
Oh, cool, that was fun. Well, except for Matt, poor thing, but at least we rescued him with a Ross run.

Stingroo
03-02-11, 04:32 PM
And got photos of several shenanigans within!

That same fedora sits on my dashboard to this day. :thumbsup:

greencadillacmatt
03-02-11, 05:49 PM
That same fedora sits on the dashboard of my 1964CoupeDeVille to this day. :thumbsup:

So long as it doesn't cause you to troll the forums. :P

77CDV
03-04-11, 04:29 PM
^Excellent post correction, Matt! :rofl:

Stingroo
03-04-11, 08:09 PM
God that kid was a tool. So guys, what do we want to do this time? Craig? Matt? Any ideas?

The-Dullahan
03-05-11, 03:14 AM
Now I am a simple man, but not perhaps too easy to forget, for I am somewhat conspicuous by Florida standards...I must wonder if the gentleman from the junkyard remembers me...such a jolly chap, he was.

Oh, so much fun could be had with that...

YEAH, I have not been on the Forums much lately, due to explosions.

Stingroo
03-05-11, 09:51 AM
LOL That guy was a bit of a douche anyway. "Those guys said you were breaking windows."

"We wut?!"

drewsdeville
03-05-11, 11:13 AM
I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says "shenanigans".

Stingroo
03-05-11, 11:29 AM
I happen to enjoy using the word "shenanigans", and find it especially appropriate in this thread because many occurred that weekend.

drewsdeville
03-05-11, 11:32 AM
Not a Super Troopers fan?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbgOQf4NaG8&playnext=1&list=PLBC58B14C93AE7689

Stingroo
03-05-11, 11:35 AM
:lol: I forgot about that scene. I haven't seen that movie in quite some time. I should netflix it.

Jesda
03-05-11, 12:00 PM
Its actually possible that I might make this meet. We shall see!

Stingroo
03-05-11, 12:04 PM
Nice! This is excellent news.

greencadillacmatt
03-05-11, 01:20 PM
I REALLY like the idea of us all visiting the biggest and best Cadillac Dealership we can find. That sounds freaking awesome. The junkyard trip was a good time last year too. We even think we found Jimmy Hoffa. I'll be more than happy to make the drive again this year if this meet is even HALF as fun as last year.

Except for the fire ants. Ouch.

The-Dullahan
03-05-11, 02:18 PM
Except for the fire ants. Ouch.

BOOTS: The greatest invention in the history of the world.

Stingroo
03-05-11, 04:31 PM
I'll be sure to keep a can of OFF! in the wagon for you this time. :lol:

greencadillacmatt
03-05-11, 09:35 PM
^How about I just don't unwittingly stand on top of their nest this time around? (And yes Chamus, boot rock, but flip-flops are sooo much more comfy in the Florida heat.)

greencadillacmatt
03-05-11, 09:36 PM
GAAAAHHH, Double Post. I'll be there either with an Olds-Powered-Cad, or a Buick-Powered-Olds. Either way, I'm full in for this trip. :P

77CDV
03-06-11, 12:33 AM
Had a close call with the scheduler yesterday. She got everything completely f-ed up and nearly lost me this week off. Fortunately, I was able to talk her down, mostly by reminding her I'd already changed my vacation schedule once and really wasn't prepared to keep changing vacation plans.

So, Cadillac dealership sounds like a winning proposition. Maybe think about a beach run, it being Florida and all. Car show most definitely. J-yard was fun, if you boys can behave yourselves! Also, it's only about 2.5 hours from West Palm to Key Largo. Could be a fun day trip.

Stingroo
03-06-11, 12:52 AM
Hey, I was good! I actually got STUFF while we were there. :p

Beach is a possibility. Also, Sal has to come, if not we have to budget for a night of camping on his lawn. :lol:

greencadillacmatt
03-06-11, 01:47 AM
^Seeing how we couldn't drag Sal out to the meet last year, I think camping on his lawn is a must. :thumbsup:

The-Dullahan
03-06-11, 02:37 AM
I'll bring the booze and stereo!

Hey, I TRIED buying something from the junkyard. I also tried buying one from Mudant...whatever happened to him?

Matt, you HAVE to bring the Cadillac...if you DON'T, my car will be lonely and not fit in again, because it doesn't even come close to MATCHING anything (Except that DONK at the carshow, which still gives me nightmares). This will result in Hellish Bitch Goddess action.

Actually, it matches Sal's car (Ironically, I saw a duplicate of Sal's car the last day of the meet before I got trapped with Josiah on the interstate, down to the colour (but beat the **** up) and Josiah and I saw a red Brougham on the interstate when he stopped to try to buy Josiah's "Old Broken Car" AND I also saw a Lincoln limo that kind of matched my car at one of the cemeteries I found...but still, Matt...

http://i52.tinypic.com/7174n5.jpg

PinkLisa
03-06-11, 07:13 PM
Could someone post a summary of last year for those of us new to this? Pretty please?

Stingroo
03-06-11, 07:38 PM
Check the pinned thread. There's a lot of photos and things. :)

Basically, last year was awesome.

On Friday we all met at the hotel and got acquainted, then everyone piled into my wagon and we went to Lion Country Safari. It wasn't quite as cool as expected, but we got some cool photos and had a lot of fun driving around. Then we met up with another member for lunch and headed back to the hotel. We found out about a huge car show that was going on that Friday in Fort Lauderdale, so those of us who were adventurous enough to make the trip piled into Craig (77CDV's) rental DTS and went. Hundreds of awesome vehicles were on display. Unfortunately, Matt (from Michigan) had his first run in with fire-ants that day, so we had to make an emergency stop and get him some sandals, but in the end everything worked out well.

Saturday was a bit of on-the-fly shenanigans. I was meeting someone from the wagon forum at the junkyard that day, but it turns out everyone wanted to go. We had a lot of fun seeing everything there, and I even got some useful items (including a new grille, woohoo!). After that we stopped at this really cool museum called Ragtops that was a Cadillac/LaSalle dealership many moons ago, and the owner showed us a few cars from his own collection next door. That was a fun trip and we saw quite a few automotive oddities. Afterward, we went to dinner at a nice (but noisy) restaurant called the Waterway Cafe. The food was excellent, and there are even plenty of stories to tell from that fiasco as well. (Chamus, I'm looking at you.)

Sunday was the day most people headed home. Matt was still at my house, and someone else had some car trouble so we went and rescued him. All in all it was a fun weekend, and definitely the highlight of my summer - which I anticipate it will be again this year. :thumbsup:

Also at the end, at my house we did a little bit of car swapping. I got a brief drive and a few pleasant rides in The-Dullahan's hearse. I love that car.

PinkLisa
03-06-11, 08:12 PM
Check the pinned thread. There's a lot of photos and things. :)

Basically, last year was awesome.

On Friday we all met at the hotel and got acquainted, then everyone piled into my wagon and we went to Lion Country Safari. It wasn't quite as cool as expected, but we got some cool photos and had a lot of fun driving around. Then we met up with another member for lunch and headed back to the hotel. We found out about a huge car show that was going on that Friday in Fort Lauderdale, so those of us who were adventurous enough to make the trip piled into Craig (77CDV's) rental DTS and went. Hundreds of awesome vehicles were on display. Unfortunately, Matt (from Michigan) had his first run in with fire-ants that day, so we had to make an emergency stop and get him some sandals, but in the end everything worked out well.

Saturday was a bit of on-the-fly shenanigans. I was meeting someone from the wagon forum at the junkyard that day, but it turns out everyone wanted to go. We had a lot of fun seeing everything there, and I even got some useful items (including a new grille, woohoo!). After that we stopped at this really cool museum called Ragtops that was a Cadillac/LaSalle dealership many moons ago, and the owner showed us a few cars from his own collection next door. That was a fun trip and we saw quite a few automotive oddities. Afterward, we went to dinner at a nice (but noisy) restaurant called the Waterway Cafe. The food was excellent, and there are even plenty of stories to tell from that fiasco as well. (Chamus, I'm looking at you.)

Sunday was the day most people headed home. Matt was still at my house, and someone else had some car trouble so we went and rescued him. All in all it was a fun weekend, and definitely the highlight of my summer - which I anticipate it will be again this year. :thumbsup:

Also at the end, at my house we did a little bit of car swapping. I got a brief drive and a few pleasant rides in The-Dullahan's hearse. I love that car.

Don't they have fire ants in Michigan?

The hearse is AWESOME! I'd love to have one as my 2nd car. Of course I'd have to paint it pink. Can't keep a low profile driving a hearse anyway, right? ;-)

Stingroo
03-06-11, 08:17 PM
Apparently, they do not. That was our laugh at him for the weekend. We also got to laugh at Craig because he was surprised by all the definitely-not-legal-in-California cars we saw.

Of course, it was all in good fun.

PinkLisa
03-06-11, 08:24 PM
Apparently, they do not. That was our laugh at him for the weekend. We also got to laugh at Craig because he was surprised by all the definitely-not-legal-in-California cars we saw.

Of course, it was all in good fun.

Did anyone collect Spanish moss to take back home?

Hee hee...

Stingroo
03-06-11, 09:55 PM
If so I hope they got some head lice remover with it. :lol:

77CDV
03-06-11, 11:29 PM
definitely the highlight of my summer - which I anticipate it will be again this year. :thumbsup:

You poor thing!

Stingroo
03-07-11, 12:06 AM
I don't do a lot in the summer. I spent summer '10 looking for work (which didn't pan out). :lol: This summer I'll probably be working and taking classes.

Playdrv4me
03-07-11, 12:43 AM
Since I missed Chicago, count me as tentative for this. The only bummer is Palm is WAAY too far to drive this beached whale during what will surely be the height of fuel prices. It's more likely I'd fly to Atlanta, have Austin pick me up and then drive down together, just to get some road-tripping in.

MudAnt
03-07-11, 12:50 AM
Hey, I TRIED buying something from the junkyard. I also tried buying one from Mudant...whatever happened to him?

I actually still have that tail light lens. I kind of...forgot about it :hide:

PM me your ZIP code and I'll get you a shipping quote!

The-Dullahan
03-07-11, 01:09 AM
Did anyone collect Spanish moss to take back home?

Hee hee...

Irish moss is better, you can make booze with it.

Hearses are never cool, but they are very often pink, but I have plans for my car's repaint...EPIC plans...

The-Dullahan
03-07-11, 01:13 AM
Also Ray, I do not know why the finger points to me. I was SO well behaved at dinner it was hardly believable.
I just LOOKED mischievous, due to Craig's awesome button-up shirt making us all look under-dressed-as-all-get-up.

Also, New Guys.

Photos Galore!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/southeast/194893-awesome-roo-matt-themed-florida-meet-27.html

The photos kick in in the 20-something pages. Shortly thereafter there was an obvious topic change to the eminent threat of Zombies, because what thread is complete without Zombies.

Hey, did I mention the Zombies?

Stingroo
03-07-11, 04:27 AM
Jesda AND Ian? This is sure to drag Sal from his hidey-hole soon enough... :lol:

PinkLisa
03-07-11, 09:36 AM
Also Ray, I do not know why the finger points to me. I was SO well behaved at dinner it was hardly believable.
I just LOOKED mischievous, due to Craig's awesome button-up shirt making us all look under-dressed-as-all-get-up.

Also, New Guys.

Photos Galore!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/southeast/194893-awesome-roo-matt-themed-florida-meet-27.html

The photos kick in in the 20-something pages. Shortly thereafter there was an obvious topic change to the eminent threat of Zombies, because what thread is complete without Zombies.

Hey, did I mention the Zombies?

Still couldn't find the photos... :-(

Stingroo
03-07-11, 10:34 AM
I googled and found the thread. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/community-lounge-introductions-general-discussion/205568-2010-south-florida-meet-pictures-not.html

PinkLisa
03-07-11, 11:02 AM
You crazy kids!!

Stingroo
03-07-11, 11:03 AM
Naaaaah. We had fun!

ga_etc
03-07-11, 06:31 PM
Jesda, Ian, and me. If we could talk Ben into going it would be even better.

Stingroo
03-07-11, 06:36 PM
Awesome. And if Ben comes, I really hope he brings that awesome Phaeton. :D

ga_etc
03-07-11, 07:48 PM
With gas prices, I kinda doubt it. Speaking of him, I need to send him a message on FB.

The-Dullahan
03-07-11, 07:55 PM
Steal gas. That's what I do.

PinkLisa
03-07-11, 08:08 PM
Steal gas. That's what I do.

What? Huh? How do you do that??? Man I have learned a lot on this forum!

ga_etc
03-07-11, 08:10 PM
'79 CDV Phaeton with a 425 and 3 speed auto... doesn't matter if it is "free" it's still going to drink a lot.

Stingroo
03-07-11, 08:15 PM
Shush. I can dream. :( I want to drive that car so badly....

GizmoQ
03-07-11, 09:15 PM
Shush. I can dream. :( I want to drive that car so badly....

I see a theme emerging here. You always want to drive someone's car. hehehe

Stingroo
03-07-11, 09:18 PM
Nah, not really.

The Phaeton is awesome because it's orange. The Dullahearse was awesome because it's a hearse (and it was soooooooooooo smooth). I love my wagon, it suits me quite well. :)

77CDV
03-08-11, 01:33 AM
'79 CDV Phaeton with a 425 and 3 speed auto... doesn't matter if it is "free" it's still going to drink a lot.

You know, if the engine is in proper trim and you go easy on it (set cruise to 65), those 425s will return a solid 15mpg on the highway. I've seen as much as 17 highway mpg with mine, and it's a CA car with an insanely tall rear dif and smog equipment galore.

The-Dullahan
03-08-11, 01:45 AM
It's funny people tell me how smooth my car is to drive in, because it doesn't feel that way to me. Then again, considering it's the same as almost everything else I've ever rode in...

Yes, stealing gas still means you use as much. Trust me, I know all about using lots of gas...also...still need that damned 500. Where'd they all go?...damned airboats...

The-Dullahan
03-08-11, 01:48 AM
What? Huh? How do you do that??? Man I have learned a lot on this forum!

I'll dedicate a thread to that someday.

77CDV
03-09-11, 01:44 AM
The Dullahan--a man of many talents. :)

PinkLisa
03-09-11, 09:20 AM
Well, a road trip to South Florida is not in my budget this summer.

But for those of you that ARE driving, if you are passing through Tally on your way you can make a pit stop and I'll make lunch for you.

And you will be obliged to say nice things about my CTS! And my cooking.

Stingroo
03-09-11, 11:58 AM
Aw, that's unfortunate. Looks like this meet is going to be another total mast fest.

http://images.wikia.com/familyguy/images/d/d4/Vlcsnap-2010-06-23-17h39m09s171.png

PinkLisa
03-09-11, 07:26 PM
Okay - I give up. What does the cartoon and "mast fest" signify? Or maybe I don't want to know...???

Stingroo
03-09-11, 07:37 PM
:lol: That's Seamus the sea captain. It's a reference from Family Guy.

PinkLisa
03-09-11, 07:53 PM
Ah, shoulda known...

Lupin
03-12-11, 07:49 AM
If I stop by with my '05 six speed manual 5.7L CTS and park it right next to your car, will I still be obligated to compliment yours? Maybe our cars can mate and create a 7 cylinder CTS.

ejsofla
03-12-11, 05:44 PM
im down in broward looking fodward to the meet, if anyone is going to towers this friday the 18th ill be there

Stingroo
03-12-11, 06:10 PM
Where in Broward? You should come up during the weekend and catch us for this meet. :)

PinkLisa
03-12-11, 11:12 PM
If I stop by with my '05 six speed manual 5.7L CTS and park it right next to your car, will I still be obligated to compliment yours? Maybe our cars can mate and create a 7 cylinder CTS.

But of course!!

greencadillacmatt
03-14-11, 08:49 PM
So, anybody have ideas for a tentative schedule?

77CDV
03-14-11, 10:55 PM
Friday is the car show down in Davie (bring ant spray). I still think a cruise down to the Keys would be fun way to spend a Saturday. However, Matt and Ray are the point men here, so I defer to them.

greencadillacmatt
03-14-11, 11:30 PM
How far down are the keys (how long a trip)? They sound incredibly beautiful. Any local Floridians know? I also really like the idea of another junkyard run. That was really fun (until the counter-guy was an a-hole). Maybe for those of us who stick around on Sunday?

And yes Craig, I'll be sure to bring the ant spray. Not letting those little buggers get me again!

Stingroo
03-14-11, 11:40 PM
The Keys is a bit of a drive. It'd be cool but I don't know that area at all, or anything down there since I've never been.

PinkLisa
03-15-11, 09:17 AM
Key West is a scenic 3 hour drive from Miami. If you haven't been, you need to go at least once. Personally, I'd go no further than the upper Keys... the water is awesome, and its really laid back. (Which may not be what you kids are looking for!) And if you are into it, the fishing is world-class.

Tallahassee has a large antique car museum. And junk yards. Just sayin... :-)

Stingroo
03-15-11, 12:32 PM
I've heard about Tallahassee's museum actually. Apparently it's REALLY good. lol I may have to make a weekend pilgrimage there one weekend while I'm up at school.

OffThaHorseCEO
03-16-11, 02:13 PM
Hmmm, I might need to make a return trip to Allante Source anyway. Maybe I can bribe my GF with the promise of a return to Florida beaches, or even a visit to the keys...

Plus the allante will have fresh paint and a system by then hmmmm

Stingroo
03-16-11, 04:21 PM
Come on down man! You seem like one of the more level-headed members of the general forum population. :)

OffThaHorseCEO
03-16-11, 05:21 PM
Oh imma go ahead and tell you, given the opportunity im a straight up idiot

Stingroo
03-16-11, 05:46 PM
We all are though. The difference is you're a sociable idiot. :lol: I promise if you make it down you and your girlfriend will have fun. :)

OffThaHorseCEO
03-16-11, 06:26 PM
ill try to talk her into it. im supposed to refrain from taking alot of days up so i can "save them up" for an italy trip next year. What are the days again? Whatever you do, do NOT choose Red Roof Inn as the hotel unless you know the people personally.

Stingroo
03-16-11, 07:22 PM
Last year we didn't really choose a hotel, but it just so happened that the Best Western by the airport was where everyone booked their rooms. It was decently nice, nothing special though.

The-Dullahan
03-20-11, 01:33 AM
Look, I'm back? Sorry, detour in Las Vegas kept me for a bit.

Fresh paint? My car has some of that...but not the way it sounds.

So Sting. We need a date-by-date list of activities. Now that your airhorn video is done...get working on that.

Matt, remember.

http://i52.tinypic.com/7174n5.jpg

I don't want to hear rumours about PT Cruisers...

The-Dullahan
03-20-11, 01:36 AM
:lol: That's Seamus the sea captain. It's a reference from Family Guy.

Not sure about all that, but he has an awesome name, even if it's really the James version.

Sting, you really like that show...I've got to bring my crosley to the meet to show you something...

CadillacAddict21
03-21-11, 11:51 AM
fellas West palm beach sounds loooovely....thats my backayrd lol I just moved to WPB about two months ago

Stingroo
03-21-11, 11:52 AM
See there? I'm glad I read other forums here. :thumbsup:

We had a huge blast last year, and this year, hopefully, will be bigger. :)

Brizzal
03-27-11, 01:05 PM
Of course ill show up to meet and go to towers

Stingroo
03-27-11, 03:37 PM
There he is.

Towers is going to be sweet. I'm going to TRY and have my car painted before this meet, but no promises.

The-Dullahan
03-27-11, 11:27 PM
I was going to TRY to do my engine swap before the meet, but some dumbass gave my engine away...

Oh well. I can always throw some of the old electronics back in and call it a mod. In a way, this is good, because my car is missing over 7,000 Watts of stereo and a siren at the moment and it is simply barbaric to get along without these...

OffThaHorseCEO
03-29-11, 02:23 PM
There he is.

Towers is going to be sweet. I'm going to TRY and have my car painted before this meet, but no promises.

what happened to SURPRISE shennanigans

Stingroo
03-29-11, 04:10 PM
Oh, there's still going to be a surprise... or two.

:thumbsup:

77CDV
03-31-11, 03:07 PM
If you even think about jumping out of a cake, I'll personally slap you silly.

Stingroo
03-31-11, 03:28 PM
Why would you do that? That's just mean. :(

greencadillacmatt
03-31-11, 09:47 PM
^Yeah, that was gonna be my bit anyways. ;)

Stingroo
03-31-11, 10:46 PM
They're onto us Matt! *scrambles away*

The-Dullahan
04-01-11, 01:53 AM
Matt...they don't MAKE cakes that big.

Sting...Day-by-day events list.

Don't make me threaten you with a butterknife, because I'll do it.

Stingroo
04-01-11, 08:02 AM
Well, they COULD, but that's a crapload of dough. :lol:

Fine fine fine. God damn. LOL

Friday:
Afternoon:
1. Perhaps meet up at a Cadillac dealership. See if we can convince them to let us test drive a V. :lol: (I wish). Gift shops are always cool at those places though.
2. Group lunch somewhere before heading out to the show.
3. Evening of course will be mostly dominated by the car show. We'll see what happens with seating arrangements based on how many attend/can cram into the wagon, or what Craig ends up renting for the weekend. :lol:

Saturday: EMPTY. I demand suggestions. Key West is quite a haul, so I'm not sure I'd want to do that (it's almost a 5 hour drive, that alone would eat up much of the prime beach time.)

Sunday: For those who are interested, scrapyard trip. I know I'm going. :)
Otherwise, everyone leaves. Hopefully no more fuel pump issues. :thumbsup:

77CDV
04-01-11, 02:59 PM
Key West is definitely a haul, but Key Largo looks doable from WPB. What about Miami? Here's a couple ideas.

http://crazy4cars.net/showthread.php?p=2810

http://local.yahoo.com/info-29470802-memory-lane-classic-car-museum-miami

http://www.gcrm.org/ (Rob could steal a new whistle for Branwen!)

http://www.miami.com/dauer-classic-car-museum

Here's one in Fort Lauderdale.

http://antiquecarmuseum.org/

OK, the Cali boy has done his share. How about something from the Floridians? It is your state.

Stingroo
04-01-11, 08:22 PM
I was looking and saw that Packard museum, but then I had to go to work. Chillax, I'm working on it.

There's a muscle car museum in my home town, FYI :) We might combine that in with Sunday if we find a bigger one down south (in other words -I'm going regardless, don't know about you folk. :lol:)

The-Dullahan
04-06-11, 02:01 AM
Yes Craig, if it exists, I can steal it. Especially if it involves Steam Engines. I have a talent for that. Funny story about train-whistles on Branwen though, but that is for another time.

Car museum sounds cool, whichever we end up going to. There is one a bit North of me (Nowhere near WPB) but it has vintage Hearses, so it is is automatically the best one by about a billion miles.

Scrapyard sounds fun. No one break any windows, because, being Irish, they automatically blame me.

Car show was cool last year and was not really far from where we were, so we can always take multiple cars there if we have to. Be warned, my car is big, but not meant for holding THAT kind of passengers (though the back was clearly meant for hauling Giants from Michigan) and the more of us who go, the more likely it sounds for us to have a Caddy-Convoy. The closest we got last year was Rental DTS followed by Roo Wagon (it's an honourary Cadillac in my book), followed by Karli's CTS, followed by Josiah's Torque Factory and Branwen taking up the rear.

The Car show led to many Shenanigans, I recall, so Sting is trying to bring it back this year. What you may have missed includes, but is not limited to.

Craig learning what "Street Legal" really means.
Matt Learning what Fire Ants are.
Fake-Diamond-studded Plexiglass windows in hoods.
Orange Socks in engine bays.
The Rise of THE HORSEPOWERS.
Carbon Fabric, the latest trend and source of The Horsepowers and laughs for countless ages to come.
Mysterious Fedora Antics, clearly the work of of everyone's favourite Forum troll, MrSinatra.
Sting's Dream Wagon.
Counterfeit versions of your favourite forum members.

So if you can only make it for one event, I think THIS is the event to make an appearance for.

Stingroo
04-06-11, 07:56 AM
Yeah, the show was the craziest fun for sure.

Stingroo
04-14-11, 10:24 PM
Bump. Thanks to Sal, I'm going to look into Clematis street and see what it offers for fun. Sounds like it's definitely a great place for food though.

The-Dullahan
04-15-11, 02:52 AM
Ooh! Is that where we are camping? Wherever we camp out, I can bring a grille, and music, television, videogames, bagpipes...you know, whatever disrupts the serene quiet of Sal's neighbourhood the best.

77CDV
04-18-11, 11:20 PM
Status report, Mr. Roo.

Stingroo
04-18-11, 11:36 PM
Searching for an upscale pizza place to lure Mr. Sal. Will update in the coming weeks. This is finals week for me so most of my time is tied up. Next Wednesday my summer begins, so more updates to come.

Lupin
04-29-11, 05:32 PM
Actually a development called CityPlace is quite close to Sal, and features various distractions in the surrounding area, including an arts museum which currently has a Van Gogh. There is also quite a few examples of upper-scale pizza dining to further attract him.

Stingroo
04-29-11, 08:27 PM
This is most excellent. Still searching for some car related activities as well.

77CDV
05-14-11, 01:31 AM
Any progress on an itinerary, Ray?

Stingroo
05-15-11, 05:44 PM
Friday:
Afternoon:
1. Perhaps meet up at a Cadillac dealership. See if we can convince them to let us test drive a V. :lol: Gift shops are always cool at those places though.
2. Quick-ish lunch. Something decent but not expensive. Last year I believe we met up at Applebees before heading down to the show
3. Evening of course will be mostly dominated by the Tower Shops car show. We'll see what happens with seating arrangements based on how many attend/can cram into the wagon, or what Craig ends up renting for the weekend.

Saturday:
1. Morning empty
2. Dinner at some place within the CityPlace. There are a LOT of restaurants there: http://www.westpalmbeach.com/cityplace/ Plus it's one of Sal's most frequent haunts, so he'll be bound to show up. :lol:
3. I had an awesome show located in MY home town, but July is a stupid month that begins on a Saturday, so the "second Saturday" is before the meet. Curses!

Sunday:
1. For those who are interested, scrapyard trip. I know I'm going.
2. Maybe a movie, or a visit to the museum in my city ('tis small, I hear).
Otherwise, everyone leaves. Hopefully no more fuel pump issues. (Now that Josiah has a new car. :))

I'm still working on it, obviously. It'll be more polished, I promise!

slowstang305
05-25-11, 11:48 PM
I will drive up and meet up with you guys for one of the days. Or at least maybe meet you guys at towers and grab dinner after or something. Its only maybe a 20 minute drive for me.

Night Wolf
05-26-11, 12:04 AM
Just saw this.... unless something else comes up I should be able to make this trip - would be neat to meet a lot of folks here, plus enjoy a weekend away.

I'd most likely end up driving the Jeep down, not much says go green than a max of 16mpg hwy - unless I break it then it'd be the Panzer and I'd get to show everyone how a worn out old German tank still kicks butt.

Central GA here right off 75. Anyone that wanted to ride along or caravan down would be more than welcome to, heck crash at my place if ya want.

Stingroo
05-26-11, 12:10 AM
Good. You missed last year's and it was a HELL of a time.

:D

Stingroo
05-26-11, 12:11 AM
I will drive up and meet up with you guys for one of the days. Or at least maybe meet you guys at towers and grab dinner after or something. Its only maybe a 20 minute drive for me.

PM me your number and I'll make sure you make it with us to towers. :thumbsup:

slowstang305
05-26-11, 08:13 AM
Sounds good!

77CDV
06-12-11, 11:27 PM
Any more info on this, Ray?

Stingroo
06-13-11, 10:05 AM
Not quite. Still pretty much as written above. It seems there's nothing fun and car related going on that Saturday, yet.

Anybody else have an idea of what they would like to do? I'm still on the hunt.

77CDV
06-13-11, 10:21 PM
I gave you all my ideas several pages back. My cupboard is bare! :lol:

Stingroo
06-13-11, 10:22 PM
I am fairly certain even if we don't go in with a plan - we will conquer. :lol:

Also the tags for this are amusing. "Fuel pump issues." "Features various distractions."

Lulz.

77CDV
06-23-11, 12:41 AM
Very bad news. It's looking like my vacation is being moved back a week. Might have to miss FL this year. :(

Stingroo
06-23-11, 06:37 AM
Aw, that sucks.

77CDV
06-23-11, 02:20 PM
Yes. Yes it does.

Stingroo
06-27-11, 10:43 PM
Craig must fight the man, man!

77CDV
06-30-11, 01:42 AM
Unfortunately, working for The Man pays my mortgage, amongst other things. Deeply inconvenient, but there it is. I really must work on my top secret plan to become independently wealthy.

It may be a blessing in disguise, though. That weekend, CalTrans is shutting down I-405 between the San Fernando Valley and the westside of LA, while at the same time Pacific Coast Highway is under construction. Those are really the only two ways for me to get home from LAX, unless I want to take a very scenic tour of the LA basin. The yokel news and paper have already christened it "Carmageddon". :lol:

Stingroo
06-30-11, 02:29 AM
lol Carmageddon.

Bummer. Definitely going to miss your car insight that Friday.

We, of course, will take a copious quantity of photographs!

77CDV
07-01-11, 01:01 AM
If I may quote The Master....

:postpics:

Stingroo
07-01-11, 01:13 AM
Of course, of course.

The-Dullahan
07-06-11, 12:29 AM
I'm back! (Rumours of my demise have been greatly exaggerated)

Road Trip in bound. My car actually has some of it's electronics in it this time too so Hoorah. Also, it turns out I have a house down there to stay in that I kind of may have forgotten about last year, so double-hoorah. Actually, I am making a different Road Trip this Thursday in my truck with the intention of purchasing another non-Cadillac *gasp* and meanwhile, tomorrow (Wednesday) I have to drop my Hearse off at the bodyshop to have the rear driver's quarter repaired again for an identical "Sorry, I hit your car while you were parked at the far end of your driveway somehow" accident as the last time, but I promise it will be the Cadillac that I show up in with tools for the junkyard trip and merriment and joy and even some stereo mumbo-jumbo for Sting.

Stingroo
07-06-11, 08:14 AM
Hooray meets!

The-Dullahan
07-06-11, 10:09 AM
So I went to the bodyshop this morning, the same shop I have had a scheduled appointment at for two weeks, the same shop I called last night and everything was "GO" but now they tell me they cannot get any work done on it until next week, so it looks like we're going straight from the shop to WPB. Yay, my life is fun.

Stingroo
07-06-11, 12:26 PM
So it seems. lol

Stingroo
07-07-11, 09:22 AM
So... this meet may end up getting rescheduled. Does anyone have any particular suggestions? I was thinking December, but everyone does their Tree Day shopping around that time, so money may be tight for some (Jesda, in particular, sends out the coolest gifts).

Everyone seems busy next weekend except Chamus and me. :lol:

77CDV
07-08-11, 01:47 AM
What, Matt isn't heading straight down in his new ride? Lame!

Oddly, my next vacation is scheduled for mid-December. Anyone want to lay odds on whether it will get bumped, too?

Stingroo
07-08-11, 02:50 AM
You get multiple vacations per year?!

MADNESS!

The-Dullahan
07-08-11, 12:26 PM
You don't? I take one every second month for at least five days and still make 40+ hours a week. As for actual vacation days that I get paid for, I get 14 per year.

77CDV
07-08-11, 02:53 PM
You get multiple vacations per year?!

MADNESS!

That's the theory. :lol:

You don't? I take one every second month for at least five days and still make 40+ hours a week. As for actual vacation days that I get paid for, I get 14 per year.

Schweet! :D

Stingroo
07-08-11, 08:46 PM
Okay so what's a good reschedule date?

Josiah's in the hospital too, so this works for him as well.

The-Dullahan
07-09-11, 12:36 AM
Who knows. I'm game for December.

What's the plan for the Epic Dulla-Sting Weekend ahead? Still up for Tower Shops?
(I know it's YOUR event Ray, but Sting-Ahan or Roo-Ahan sounded worse)

Shame though, if we knew a bit sooner we could have tried arranging for some others to join. We can always hunt down Sal.

Stingroo
07-09-11, 08:44 AM
Sal says Tower Shops is lame. :lol:

I don't know man. We can always wing it and see where it takes us - lol.

Feel like a Friday morning/afternoon yard run, then Shops so the other southern folk who have contacted can come up ('cause I know Miami to Palm Beach is a bit of a stretch.)

The-Dullahan
07-09-11, 01:08 PM
Sounds like a plan.