: Great pine-tree sap remover -had to share !

SHOWGIRL
02-14-11, 08:04 PM
Hello to all:
our car got it's first 'boo-boo'. DH backed out of the garage -waited for me in driveway; then we left.
About 1.5 hrs later upon returning home noticed a fair-sized amount of dirt at the end of the rear door =strange! Nothing like that anyplace else on the car !
Took Maguiar's Quick Detailer thinking it would be 'all-gone'. Nope ! touched it - it was sticky and gummy; I thought 'oh oh big paint-job repair ! (had no idea what 'it' was)
Maguiar's Quick Detailer did clean-up the 'dirt' that was 'adheared' to the gummy spot (about the size of 1/2 dollar) but didn't penitrate the 'goop' itself which was then showing totally 'clear' -like a raised blister with the paint showing under it.
Then it hit us! it had to be pine-tree sap!! We realized the car had been sitting under a very tall pine tree while waiting for me!
Googled Maguiar's site -searched for 'pine tree sap' cleaner.
One idea was put ice on the area for a short time then with fingernail gently scrape. Thought there was nothing to lose and i had ice - LOL so why not try it? (another idea was mayonase)
well the ice worked it's magic ! It 'did' harden the sap allowing my fingernail to just scrape the sap off. -took a few 'swipes' with the ice to complete the job but it was as if the sap never was there!!! And I could smell the 'pine' as i scraped ! and ''baby' looked good as new.
So i had to share 'just in case' that ever happens to anyone else.
Next day, where did DH wait for me ''again''? Don't ask ! :hmm:
Best wishes - Showgirl.

c5 rv
02-14-11, 09:18 PM
Good tip. Ice is surprisingly useful for things like that. An ice cube wrapped with thin fabric also removes blood spatter from fabric car interiors. Our dog ran into a moving car and and appeared to be fine. I loaded her into the back seat of our new, 1980 Volvo to have the vet check her out. She sneezed!

SHOWGIRL
02-21-11, 11:02 AM
Good tip. Ice is surprisingly useful for things like that. An ice cube wrapped with thin fabric also removes blood spatter from fabric car interiors. Our dog ran into a moving car and and appeared to be fine. I loaded her into the back seat of our new, 1980 Volvo to have the vet check her out. She sneezed!
I'M happy to read that your dog recovered !!! :)