: 2011 Key FOB Memory help

suncoast
02-14-11, 09:53 AM
Does the 2011 SRX remember the seat and other settings from the key FOB?
I can recall my settings by pushing the button next to the seat but I expected the car to associate me with the key.
If this feature is available, how do I set up the key? I could not find a reference in the manual.

Thanks,

John

smiley47
02-15-11, 08:04 AM
Yes the seat settings are remembered for each key. I'm traveling and don't have access to my PDF manual but as I recall driver #1 sets up the seats and outside mirrors to your liking. Get out of the car. Lock the car and walk away. Take your key #1 a good distance from the car. Driver #2 takes their key and unlocks the car, gets in and sets the seats and mirrors to their liking. Driver #2 gets out of the car, locks it and walks away.
If all that was done properly, driver #1 comes back with his key, LOCKS then UNLOCKS the car. The settings should return to #1's positions when you open the door. You must remember to lock and unlock the car before entering whenever the other driver has been driving.

Doing this from "memory" so I hope it works.

stevec5375
02-15-11, 08:42 AM
Yes the seat settings are remembered for each key. I'm traveling and don't have access to my PDF manual but as I recall driver #1 sets up the seats and outside mirrors to your liking. Get out of the car. Lock the car and walk away. Take your key #1 a good distance from the car. Driver #2 takes their key and unlocks the car, gets in and sets the seats and mirrors to their liking. Driver #2 gets out of the car, locks it and walks away.
If all that was done properly, driver #1 comes back with his key, LOCKS then UNLOCKS the car. The settings should return to #1's positions when you open the door. You must remember to lock and unlock the car before entering whenever the other driver has been driving.

Doing this from "memory" so I hope it works.

Why do you need to LOCK then UNLOCK the vehicle when returning to it? I don't. I just open the locked door and everything returns back to the correct position.

Also, if you want the memory 1 and 2 buttons to be identical to your FOBs, you have to set them before leaving the vehicle. (You only have to do this once!) Keep in mind that the FOBs do NOT have physical numbers on them. YOU have to remember which one is which. So if you want Memory 1 on the seat to match your "FOB 1". Set the Memory 1 button before leaving the vehicle. The after leaving the vehicle, just lock it and walk away. Now the FOB in your hand and Memory 1 match.

I can't stress this enough: THE FOBS ARE NOT PHYSICALLY NUMBERED. You have to remember which one is which. A good way to do that is to get FOB covers in different colors: http://www.thejacketstore.com/servlet/the-233/Cadillac-Smart-Key-Keyless/Detail

smiley47
02-15-11, 09:09 AM
Why do you need to LOCK then UNLOCK the vehicle when returning to it? I don't. I just open the locked door and everything returns back to the correct position.

Also, if you want the memory 1 and 2 buttons to be identical to your FOBs, you have to set them before leaving the vehicle. (You only have to do this once!) Keep in mind that the FOBs do NOT have physical numbers on them. YOU have to remember which one is which. So if you want Memory 1 on the seat to match your "FOB 1". Set the Memory 1 button before leaving the vehicle. The after leaving the vehicle, just lock it and walk away. Now the FOB in your hand and Memory 1 match.

I can't stress this enough: THE FOBS ARE NOT PHYSICALLY NUMBERED. You have to remember which one is which. A good way to do that is to get FOB covers in different colors: http://www.thejacketstore.com/servlet/the-233/Cadillac-Smart-Key-Keyless/Detail

Maybe I wasn't CLEAR ENOUGH. If driver #2 was in the car last and left it UNLOCKED in the garage, driver #1 needs to lock it then unlock it to return to #1 settings.

Smokin' SRX
02-16-11, 11:36 PM
Maybe I wasn't CLEAR ENOUGH. If driver #2 was in the car last and left it UNLOCKED in the garage, driver #1 needs to lock it then unlock it to return to #1 settings.

Steve and Smiley, you have cleared it up. Wish we had the old system, like my '04 SRX had. Car memories would respond without door having to be locked first, when wife leaves it unlocked (as usual) in garage...........

Steve, I took your advice weeks ago and got the fob covers. Nice fit. No confusion. Miss the pretty Caddy, silver wreath emblem though. Do you recall my key disconnected from the fob accidentally in a restaurant!! Coulda been stranded w/o the tranx. Only the steel key was left on my keychain. That's when I got an extra tranx and hid it in the car, with battery out of it. Now Onstar can get me into it (if whole keychain is lost) and retrieving the spare tranx will allow me to start it. We are victims of our own technoloogies ....... :suspect:

SS

algiorda
02-17-11, 10:10 AM
Smiley, you are correct. if the vehicle is unlocked, you need to lock i then UNLOCK it to get the personalized settings to work.