: Liftgate 'open' warning beeps disable?

Mark JD
02-12-11, 10:33 PM
I just got my SRX, and DID read the manual, but can't find in the book where it tells me how to disable the 3 horn-beeps that occur every few minutes when I want to leave the liftgate open. :confused:

Can't find anything on the Nav setup screen either.

There must be a way.... isn't there? Or am I a dummy overlooking something simple?:bigroll:

Thanks!!

sube5186
02-12-11, 10:44 PM
I just got my SRX, and DID read the manual, but can't find in the book where it tells me how to disable the 3 horn-beeps that occur every few minutes when I want to leave the liftgate open. :confused:

Can't find anything on the Nav setup screen either.

There must be a way.... isn't there? Or am I a dummy overlooking something simple?:bigroll:

Thanks!!

The three horn beeps are a reminder that you've left a remote in the car. This message is simultaneously displayed on the DIC (Driver's Information Center), the little blue screen within the speedometer. You can turn this feature off if you like. The setting is in the Config Menu. The beeps are not related to the liftgate. There is no audible liftgate warning. Only the tail lights flash while the liftgate is opening.

Sube

Mark JD
02-12-11, 11:24 PM
Thanks Sube!
I guess that makes sense. But the remote was in my pocket. I was unloading a bunch of stuff from the back end into my garage. It must be that when I got out, the doors locked, I opened the liftgate, and stared unloading. You think because it was in my pocket it kept going off?

sube5186
02-13-11, 10:09 AM
Thanks Sube!
I guess that makes sense. But the remote was in my pocket. I was unloading a bunch of stuff from the back end into my garage. It must be that when I got out, the doors locked, I opened the liftgate, and stared unloading. You think because it was in my pocket it kept going off?

Possibly. Did you hear the doors lock? Horn beep and lights flash? You can select which of these features activate with the passive locking via the Config Menu. If your remote is within 1 meter of the car, it registers the same as if it was inside the car. So, theoretically if you were walking along the perimeter of the car and staying within that distance, the car thinks the remote is still inside the vehicle. To confirm this, repeat this scenario and see if it repeats. Then, try turning off the feature.

Sube

Mark JD
02-13-11, 10:38 PM
You were right, Sube! Thanks for the help. What I did was open the liftgate, then walked far enough away for the srx to lock, (while I unlocked my storage garage), then came back to the srx and started unloading. That must be how I "tricked it".

Problem solved!

Thanks again.
Mark D.