: Now an SRX owner....and MORE!

Mark JD
02-12-11, 09:24 PM
Hi SRX owners!
I've been on the CTS forum for the past 3 years, but now own a 2011 Black-ice SRX Performance.:cool2:
As a matter of fact, we were at the dealer to turn in our leased 2008 CTS and we left with 2 brand new Cadillacs!! Replaced the '08 with a '11 red Coupe Premium and while there, they threw me a deal on the SRX I could not refuse. Got the SRX yesterday and picking up the Coupe on Monday. SWEET! Never in my life did I think I would ever buy 2 new cars on the same day.... more/ less CADILLACS!!:rolleyes:

Just turned 59, worked hard all my life, retired and now it's time to start spending it!!:bouncy:

I will be joining in often.... a lot to learn on the SRX.

Take care.... Mark JD

GMJim
02-12-11, 09:39 PM
Congrats JD!!!!!

Throw some $$$$$$ my way!!!! lol

tc2010
02-13-11, 02:32 PM
America is good.....:usflag: Congratulations and Welcome!

TheCaptain
02-14-11, 07:26 AM
That is pretty sweet! :D

Smokin' SRX
02-17-11, 12:42 AM
Can u have too much of a good thing?? NO! Just share them LOL

Congrats! This forum is the best around (I've checked!) to learn about the SRX. Our guys/gals know their crap! LOL

Love that Coupe! Any chance the SRX is a Turbo?? :stirpot: :bouncy:

Best wishes.

SS

PJ1520
02-17-11, 08:48 AM
Hey!!!!!!!! My skin is turning green!!!! What's with that? Couldn't possibly be envy!?!

PJ

Smokin' SRX
02-17-11, 10:43 AM
PJ wasn't it you who ordered a 2011 recently?? Anyway, I also had a N*, 2004, AWD and you have no need to be jealous with your '07. BUT................if you won't miss the 3rd row, com'on over!! LOL

SS

PJ1520
02-17-11, 03:11 PM
Nope, I didn't order a new one. Couldn't. A little over year ago I needed the third row, the shape/configuration/room for the dog crates, and still retain the second row seating for passengers that the FirstGen could give me.

I can be the "adopted" interloper if someone here is willing to take me in on this forum. :duck:

PJ

PS: The wife also wanted the 4.6L V8 Northstar, having driven the 1998 Olsdmobile Aurora Autobahn with the 4.0L Northstar V8.

Mark JD
02-18-11, 01:47 PM
Here they are.....
("HIS & HERS") :cool2::cool2:

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee469/pacethis98/100_3555.jpg

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee469/pacethis98/100_3556.jpg

rtsittner
02-18-11, 02:34 PM
WOW:bows: Nice pair of Cads there Mark!

Congratulations!

Randy

TheCaptain
02-18-11, 03:14 PM
Wow! That is one driveway i'm jealous of!! :D
Very nice Mark JD! (Also nice that you have green grass too! lol I haven't seen that in 7ish months!)

PJ1520
02-18-11, 06:14 PM
Sweet tandem, Mark. Beautiful, in a word. Guilt is now overwhelming me. I think Captain and I need to go wash a few layers of road salt off our SRXs now. Hope this driveway dilemma does not cause any marital squabbling over who gets what at the beginning of each day.

PJ

Mark JD
02-18-11, 09:19 PM
Thanks everyone for all of the well wishes and congrats.
My whole life (and my wife's), has been a lot of hard work and dedication to one company for over 32/ 35 years, for each of us.
Now it is time to reap the rewards!

I hate to look like I'm bragging, but it took a lot.... and now we can really enjoy life.

Thanks again to all! :thumbsup:

(I especially feel for the green grass comments. I do feel for you after spending 52 years up in the cold tundra of Western New York!) :helpless:
Yes, It sure is nice to live in Florida now!!:cool:

Smokin' SRX
02-19-11, 02:01 PM
Nope, I didn't order a new one. Couldn't. A little over year ago I needed the third row, the shape/configuration/room for the dog crates, and still retain the second row seating for passengers that the FirstGen could give me.

I can be the "adopted" interloper if someone here is willing to take me in on this forum. :duck:

PJ

PS: The wife also wanted the 4.6L V8 Northstar, having driven the 1998 Olsdmobile Aurora Autobahn with the 4.0L Northstar V8.

Understood. I miss the extra room in rear cargo (with 3rd row down) as well but we did not need a third row, so we end up with an ENCLAVE! Go figure.........

We finally decide (again!) that we want a shorter sled, sans 3rd row, and get the beautiful 2010 SRX. So happy with all 3! Miss that 320HP N*, V-8 though!

You can claim "kin-ship" with me anytime and frequent the great forum we have here! Did you ever see me on the First Gen SRX forum? There from 2004-2008. Same blog name.

SS

Smokin' SRX
02-19-11, 02:11 PM
Here they are.....
("HIS & HERS") :cool2::cool2:

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee469/pacethis98/100_3555.jpg

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee469/pacethis98/100_3556.jpg

CRAP! What a fleet!! I almost got a CTS Coupe last month, but went Yukon Denali instead for personal reasons (403 HP was one of them. LOL) You have great taste in life.

I'm in lower NY (long Island) and boy do we have the four letter word this year!! (Snow!) Glad ya got to warmer climate. And do not apologize for hard work/luck/hard work/luck, for 30+ years! If we're [B]lucky [/B we get 4,500 Sataurdays! That's it!! ]Nobody but you paid for those sleds. Likely anybody else coulda followed your footsteps if they wanted. Still a wonderful, Capitalistic, free country............ land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!

Best wishes.

SS

PS......................wish we didn't need front plates in NY. But a "blue" high crime state................