: KeyCode Missing From the KeyCode Database on GlobalConnect

RippyPartsDept
02-12-11, 03:57 PM
I had a nice couple come in today to get a key to access their 2004 XLR that had a dead battery.

The doors are all fully electrical and the woman almost got locked in her car!

When the bought the car used they noticed that there was no emergency key with the car and the dealer said that they would get them one made and send it to them. That never happened because apparently their keycode is missing from the keycode database!

I found this out today when I tried to cut them an emergency key.

I have sent them in the direction of Customer Service via phone but was hoping to catch the eye (or ear) of someone who could help nudge their case along the chain of command to someone who can really take care and show them Cadillac's 'Standard of Excellence'. They feel that GM has let them down and from their call with Roadside Assistance they aren't confident that GM is going to make good on what is a mistake on GM's side of things causing them all this trouble.

Basically if the keycode cannot be found they will have to have a locksmith take the lock cylinder out of the bumper and make a key from scratch to fit the lock.

I felt really bad not being able to help them out and just deferring them to Customer Care.

~Chris

dons2277
02-13-11, 12:39 PM
long shot but it happend to me when i went to pick one up that was dead with no key, the dealer couldnt find the code I had crawll under car to give jump to battery to get (on star) to open doors and turned out they had codes.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-08-11, 11:41 AM
Chris, you wouldn't happen to have that case number or an e-mail address for the customers your are referring to would you? Thank you.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

RippyPartsDept
04-08-11, 01:06 PM
man that's two months old...

I didn't get his case number but I have his VIN - 45601305
and I can PM you his personal info if you need it - I don't have an email address, but I do have a cell phone number.

I think he got into the car somehow (locksmith maybe) and got it jumped and drove back to Raleigh from his beach house and ended up trading it in where he bought it.

He was definitely not happy w/ Cust Svc but pleased with the effort that I had put in.