: Gas milage

talonstylz
02-11-11, 11:19 PM
Just seeing what everyone is getting out of a full tank of gas.
I'm averaging 300km/190mile in winter using my remote start, 350km/220mile in summer not using my starter. On the highway i usually get an average of 550km/340miles on a road trip. Thats from a full tank of 91 octane.
Granted i don't baby my car, but i also don't drive it like i stole it. I more or less drive it alittle spirited, shifting 95% of the time under 4k rpm.

Is this normal or do i have an issue?

I have replaced the plugs/wires/air filter.

Thanks.

rand49er
02-11-11, 11:38 PM
Sorry, but ... :horse:

D3l7a3ch0
02-12-11, 03:33 AM
gas is about $100/wk for me. dunno.

Twitch
02-12-11, 08:27 AM
Do you have a V, or a base CTS?

With so many of these threads popping up lately it's hard to be civil about it. But I'll try to be nice. It is impossible to compare MPG with someone on the internet. I get <10 MPG in NYC and ~18 when I'm in PA. Joe Schmoe will get different numbers cuz he doesn't drive the way I do.

The V is a performance car, let it go and just enjoy it for what it is.

talonstylz
02-12-11, 09:42 AM
Its not that im complaining as im used to it from other vehicles i just wanted to know if its normal, or i have an issue that needs to be taking care of. Its an 04 cts-v. I like to keep my cars in top running order.

rand49er
02-12-11, 09:59 AM
Joe Schmoe has a V?

Twitch
02-12-11, 10:06 AM
The best thing you did was tell us how many miles you got from a tank of gas. You'll get people giving you all kinds of numbers off their DIC, without doing any math.
Your getting about 20mpg on your road trip. That's not bad for a whole trip,,,realistically. It's not great, but I doubt you have a problem. Someone might say they're getting 28mpg. That's probably the instant mpg, not a total trip with stops and speed changes.

Twitch
02-12-11, 10:09 AM
Joe Schmoe has a V?

It's actually pretty nice. He's not on the board though.

JDB
02-12-11, 11:49 AM
who bought a V for the MPG???

WesH8398
02-12-11, 12:43 PM
Sorry, but ... :horse:

LOL Sorry, that was funny. I can appreciate the guy's question though. He's just makin' sure he's running up-to-snuff. OP - You're getting about the same mileage I'm getting. I see 400km to a full tank of 91 in the city. I get about 550km to a full tank of 91 if it's strictly highway. I always have my trip odometer up on the DIC, and I always reset it when I refill the tank. I don't trust many of the other numbers that thing spits out. lol

D3l7a3ch0
02-12-11, 01:22 PM
gas expenses were part of the reason I quit smoking. it's been a month and it's like I never smoked at all. bank account thanks me.

smoking... or driving the V? V!

talonstylz
02-12-11, 05:56 PM
Im not complaining about the gas milage, i knew this car was a pig on gas when i bought it. Like stated before i just wanted to make sure what im getting is normal or there is an issue. Sorry for making sure my vehicles are very well taken care of. I guess some of you just drive the shit out of yours and then complain when it breaks down.

rand49er
02-12-11, 09:42 PM
How you guys use a full tank is beyond me. Man, when that darn gas gauge drops below the halfway mark, I start sweating, heartbeat goes up, and my brow wrinkles.

I just hope you're doing this on the 402 between Sarnia and London.

mberisha
02-13-11, 11:58 PM
If it makes any of you feel better...I got 13.7mpg driving back from Amsterdam on the AutoBahn.....averaged about 115 mph and it was pretty hilly.

BTW...I had to fill up in the Netherlands.....1.67 Euro a liter...yeah...do the math... about $8.50 a gallon? I have no idea how Europeans can afford to drive on the economy.....?:bigroll:

Mystical_Ice
02-14-11, 04:40 AM
Let me bring all of you back to reality real quick, before I hear another person say "who buys a V for the gas mileage!?!?!?"...
Our cars retailed for $52,000, but have a KBB value of around $16,000 these days. We're not driving $350,000 Lamborghinis, Rolls Royces, or Bentleys... so asking what kind of gas mileage we're supposed to get is not an unacceptable question - don't be douchebags about it. And don't kid yourself - many people want a practical car (4 doors) that has some pep to it. Practical... key word. If someone wanted a straight up sports car, i PROMISE you they would not buy a CTS-V. Let's be honest - our cars are sportY, but they are not sports cars. Thus to the average person that owns one, yes, they care about gas mileage.

I bought my CTS-V 4 years ago, and i got it because i wanted a 4 door sedan that i could take business clients to lunch in, and still have fun. Gas mileage was important to me too. I would not have bought the CTS-V if it got 15MPG highway.

Furthermore, he didn't ask an unusual question. If he's concerned that he's getting much worse gas mileage than he should (perhaps because of clogged injectors or some other issue), there's nothing wrong with asking for the general concensus. Like i said, if you don't want someone to ask in a public forum what kind of gas mileage they should be getting, go buy a car like a rolls royce, not a $15,000 CTS-V... and definitely don't be a douchebag to this guy.

OP - I get around the same gas mileage as you, maybe slightly better, but that's only because these days I find myself shifting at 3k almost every shift. At 75mph in 6th i get around 23 MPG, which i'm happy with. You can always get a tune to increase your MPG by 2 or 3. I know Gen I V owners that are getting 27-28MPG with some work done. Be aware that a lot factors into your MPG, including altitude... so depending where you live, even if you drive the same way, you may lose a few.

V-Guy
02-14-11, 09:52 AM
on the AutoBahn.....averaged about 115 mph.

:thumbsup: Nice!! I want me some AutoBahn.

JustinC
02-14-11, 09:45 PM
In anything under 5* Celsius I lose ~100km/tank driving in the city only. Right now I'm getting 375km/60 liters of only city driving. In the summer I manage 475. Maybe 10% of that is highway driving.

Btw rand94 I'm in london ;)

WesH8398
02-14-11, 11:26 PM
I would have mentioned this in my other post, but I didn't realize you were so close. I'm in Sarnia. My wife works at Childrens hospital in London and my Dad and sister live there, so I'm there every now and then. Do you happen to drive a red V? Were you in port Huron a week or 2 ago? If so, I saw ya in the parking lot @ the mall.

D3l7a3ch0
02-15-11, 02:56 AM
Who buys a V for the gas mileage?!?!?!?

WesH8398
02-15-11, 08:56 AM
Who buys a V for the gas mileage?!?!?!?

C'mon...enough already. It's a valid question. Give the guy a break.

Twitch
02-15-11, 09:32 AM
Touchy touchy,,,you can't blame people for getting annoyed when they see the same thread title every week. The OP's question was answered though.
And I STILL stand by my opinion that you can NOT compare gas mileage over the internet. Someone will pull a number out their ass, and have the poor guy thinking something's wrong with his car.
I may not know everything, but I know my car is sporty enough to outrace any pickup.

shadybx7
02-15-11, 08:55 PM
[1]too much metric in this thread....

[2] if your getting over 23mpg on the highway your a hippie destroying 6th gear :fact: god bless the 346cu

trhs75
02-15-11, 08:56 PM
The only way I know of to eliminate variables is to check highway mileage. At a steady 70mph, I get 26mpg in my '05. It used to be 25mpg. No mods, 91 octane, and that's without the "rapid acceleration" variable I enjoy.

D3l7a3ch0
02-15-11, 09:15 PM
Over a 1200 mile drive from CA to TX, in cruise control, I averaged...23mpg? sometimes it was 27, and went as low as 16

PORGUY
02-15-11, 09:19 PM
Kudos. You make a VERY valid point. this is a four door cadillac...not a porsche.
I bought mine so I could have back doors to put my kid in and enough room for groceries,the fact it has 400hp and a 6speed is an added bonus. I like being able to have more room for other people and when I go on trips I am concerned about milage.
to the original OP- I get 16mpg city and 20-22mpg highway...
to everyone else THIS is not a sports car its a high HP cadillac, treat it as such, when I want to drive a sports car I drive my porsche...

Let me bring all of you back to reality real quick, before I hear another person say "who buys a V for the gas mileage!?!?!?"...
Our cars retailed for $52,000, but have a KBB value of around $16,000 these days. We're not driving $350,000 Lamborghinis, Rolls Royces, or Bentleys... so asking what kind of gas mileage we're supposed to get is not an unacceptable question - don't be douchebags about it. And don't kid yourself - many people want a practical car (4 doors) that has some pep to it. Practical... key word. If someone wanted a straight up sports car, i PROMISE you they would not buy a CTS-V. Let's be honest - our cars are sportY, but they are not sports cars. Thus to the average person that owns one, yes, they care about gas mileage.

I bought my CTS-V 4 years ago, and i got it because i wanted a 4 door sedan that i could take business clients to lunch in, and still have fun. Gas mileage was important to me too. I would not have bought the CTS-V if it got 15MPG highway.

Furthermore, he didn't ask an unusual question. If he's concerned that he's getting much worse gas mileage than he should (perhaps because of clogged injectors or some other issue), there's nothing wrong with asking for the general concensus. Like i said, if you don't want someone to ask in a public forum what kind of gas mileage they should be getting, go buy a car like a rolls royce, not a $15,000 CTS-V... and definitely don't be a douchebag to this guy.

OP - I get around the same gas mileage as you, maybe slightly better, but that's only because these days I find myself shifting at 3k almost every shift. At 75mph in 6th i get around 23 MPG, which i'm happy with. You can always get a tune to increase your MPG by 2 or 3. I know Gen I V owners that are getting 27-28MPG with some work done. Be aware that a lot factors into your MPG, including altitude... so depending where you live, even if you drive the same way, you may lose a few.

CancerJCC
02-15-11, 11:36 PM
Gas mileage discussion is something new so I applaud the OP!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/218168-gas-mileage-stock-ls6.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/181874-gas-mileage-check-today-2.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/107641-gas-mileage-maggie.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/199440-update-ls2-gas-mileage.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/34356-gas-mileage-really-good-advirtised-these.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/52995-ls2-06-v-gas-mileage-expectations-2.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/9960-what-your-gas-milage-your-v-2.html

CadzillaTN
02-16-11, 12:36 AM
Kudos. You make a VERY valid point. this is a four door cadillac...not a porsche.
I bought mine so I could have back doors to put my kid in and enough room for groceries,the fact it has 400hp and a 6speed is an added bonus. I like being able to have more room for other people and when I go on trips I am concerned about milage.
to the original OP- I get 16mpg city and 20-22mpg highway...
to everyone else THIS is not a sports car its a high HP cadillac, treat it as such, when I want to drive a sports car I drive my porsche...

is the Panamera a sports car, or a high HP porsche?

"A sports car is a car designed for sporting performance above utility. While opinions differ as to the exact definition, most sports cars have two seats and two doors, and are designed to excel at a combination of acceleration, top speed, braking, and maneuverability. Great emphasis is often placed on handling—the ability of the car to remain in the control of the driver under challenging condition like when the car's tires begin to lose their grip on hard corners.

A car may be sporting without being a sports car; rather, it is the singleness of purpose. Performance modifications of regular cars, such as muscle cars, hot hatches and the like do not generally fall in the pure sports car territory.

In many situations, the term "sports car" is used to refer to any car with more power or performance than is typical for cars in general. Often vehicles in the muscle car, performance sedan/saloon or grand tourer (GT) category are referred to as sports cars even though they tend to lack the lightweight and excellent handling characteristics of a true sports car.

Some cars can be labeled sports cars when in fact they are outperformed regularly by cars not commonly referred to as sports cars, like high HP Cadillacs"

drift06v
02-16-11, 12:47 AM
Gas mileage discussion is something new so I applaud the OP!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/218168-gas-mileage-stock-ls6.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/181874-gas-mileage-check-today-2.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/107641-gas-mileage-maggie.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/199440-update-ls2-gas-mileage.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/34356-gas-mileage-really-good-advirtised-these.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/52995-ls2-06-v-gas-mileage-expectations-2.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/9960-what-your-gas-milage-your-v-2.html

that is really nice of you to find all those posts for him im sure he will really appreciate it

also i was wondering if anyone saw an increase or decrease with modifications, like intake, exaust, chip, supercharger, anything. its nice to have 400 plus horsepower and get 30mpg when not driving this car crazy like its supposed to be.
by the way, i get about 15mpg on average per tank but im young and really enjoy beating everything on the road.

mberisha
02-16-11, 08:02 AM
[1]too much metric in this thread....

[2] if your getting over 23mpg on the highway your a hippie destroying 6th gear :fact: god bless the 346cu

Bahahahah......hippie.....love it.....good way to put it....

V-Guy
02-16-11, 08:10 AM
im young and really enjoy beating everything on the road.
That doesn't necessarily change when you get older, my friend.

D3l7a3ch0
02-16-11, 10:14 AM
my 06 Stang GT was 1000 lbs lighter, had 100 fewer horsepower, and the gas mileage was only 3-4 mpg better. the V is a feat by that standard

Gishdream
02-16-11, 10:31 AM
also i was wondering if anyone saw an increase or decrease with modifications, like intake, exaust, chip, supercharger, anything.

Good question. I am going to search for it.

CancerJCC
02-16-11, 02:08 PM
that is really nice of you to find all those posts for him im sure he will really appreciate it

also i was wondering if anyone saw an increase or decrease with modifications, like intake, exaust, chip, supercharger, anything. its nice to have 400 plus horsepower and get 30mpg when not driving this car crazy like its supposed to be.
by the way, i get about 15mpg on average per tank but im young and really enjoy beating everything on the road.

It amazes me how many people think there is an actual "chip" somewhere that you can buy. I'm not knocking just you it is widespread misinformation that just seems to keep hanging around. You can re-flash your PCM but it is only flashing new firmware to your existing PCM. There is no magical chip or doo dad that increases HP.

And yes to answer your question you can increase mileage with a good tune.

D3l7a3ch0
02-16-11, 04:12 PM
Hey so... The tornado, does that work?

kevm14
02-16-11, 09:00 PM
My 93 Caprice uses a chip. I use a 24-pin 2732A UV-erasable EPROM to tune it. Old school, baby. That's where it comes from.

CancerJCC
02-16-11, 10:35 PM
My 93 Caprice uses a chip. I use a 24-pin 2732A UV-erasable EPROM to tune it. Old school, baby. That's where it comes from.

Ok I guess maybe my idea of a "chip" and others ideas are different. People refer to everything as a chip when really they might be referring to a re-flash or something like a bully dog module.

rand49er
02-16-11, 10:58 PM
... Btw rand94 I'm in london ;)Gotta get you to the Woodward Dream Cruise this coming August.

BTW, I have a gob of relatives in Canada and a family reunion in Strathroy every July ... my grandfather was born in Essex county.

That doesn't necessarily change when you get older, my friend.Somebody say, "older?" :cool2:

WesH8398
02-16-11, 11:43 PM
Gotta get you to the Woodward Dream Cruise this coming August.

BTW, I have a gob of relatives in Canada and a family reunion in Strathroy every July ... my grandfather was born in Essex county.

Somebody say, "older?" :cool2:

Good ol' Strathroy, eh? Bet you're glad you weren't going for a visit when all those people got stranded on the 402 back in January...
Since the OP will be driving through my town (Sarnia) on his way to Woodward (if he goes), we should meet up in Sarnia then make our way to where you're at!

WesH8398
02-16-11, 11:47 PM
my 06 Stang GT was 1000 lbs lighter, had 100 fewer horsepower, and the gas mileage was only 3-4 mpg better. the V is a feat by that standard

C'mon man, you're gonna give your V a weight complex. lol '06 GT coupe weighs in at somewhere around 3500 Lbs ... our bad boys are only ~300 Lbs heavier (3850 Lbs according to many sources, although Wiki shows 4250 Lbs).

Gotta get you to the Woodward Dream Cruise this coming August.

Somebody say, "older?" :cool2:

Good ol' Strathroy, eh? Bet you're glad you weren't going for a visit when all those people got stranded on the 402 back in January...
Since the OP will be driving through my town (Sarnia) on his way to Woodward (if he goes), we should meet up in Sarnia then make our way to where you're at!

D3l7a3ch0
02-17-11, 12:06 AM
"yes, V, your ass is fat."

I keep her in check with the verbal abuse.

drift06v
02-17-11, 12:44 AM
to the guy that said getting older doesnt change anything, good! im glad to here that, its just way to much fun to grow out of.

to the guy with the mustang, my buddies got a o6 gt and he likes to rub my face in him being lighter, having a bigger trunk space and getting better gas mileage eventhough i have a 6speed, but when it comes to track time the talk stops.

also on the chip thing, thank you for clearing that up, that is what i meant by reflash. im just hoping to get some feedback on the gains or losses of gas mileage on that.

WesH8398
02-17-11, 01:05 AM
also on the chip thing, thank you for clearing that up, that is what i meant by reflash. im just hoping to get some feedback on the gains or losses of gas mileage on that.

It depends on the tune. I remember back in my Mustang days guys would buy their handheld tuners and then get on the dyno and put 2 or 3 tunes on their handhelds that they could flip between. They'd have a race tune for a given octane fuel (IE a "94 tune"), another race tune for another fuel, and then a street or "econo" tune that would yeild the best fuel efficiency (at the cost of some performance, compared to the race tunes).

drift06v
02-17-11, 02:58 AM
It depends on the tune. I remember back in my Mustang days guys would buy their handheld tuners and then get on the dyno and put 2 or 3 tunes on their handhelds that they could flip between. They'd have a race tune for a given octane fuel (IE a "94 tune"), another race tune for another fuel, and then a street or "econo" tune that would yeild the best fuel efficiency (at the cost of some performance, compared to the race tunes).

i understand that the variables are through the roof but that is exactly what i mean. where did the owner get the tune, what elevation, abiant temp, how much did it cost, what tune for what gas mileage(eco vs. race), what other mods do they have done to compliment the tune. stuff like that, specifics. i understand that people drive differently for different situations but if we could just get a general idea i think it would be very benificial to those that are trying to make a decision for the best gas mpg vs horsepower, or people who are wondering how well there car is performing.

and sorry to the guy that started this post, i hope im not thread jacking but i hope this pertains to what he is asking. with out starting up another thread like someone else pointed out that there are at least 5 other threads on this. and if there is a thread pointing right to this please show it to me so im not just beating a dead cow.

D3l7a3ch0
02-17-11, 03:11 AM
clearly the gif is not of a cow, but a horse.

:horse:

WesH8398
02-17-11, 04:15 AM
LOL Sure looks like a horse to me too.

Drift06v - fuel mileage gains or losses from bolt ons are quite usually so minuscule that they're not worth testing for. Anyone who tells you that they picked up 5mpg from bolting on a K&N air tube and filter is likely exhibiting the placebo effect more than anything.
When it comes to tunes, you're going to get what you ask for. If you wanna see big gains on the dyno, then you'll probably see losses on the MPG chart. Any questions you have about what MPG changes you'd see from any given tune will be best answered by whoever's doing said tune.

kevm14
02-17-11, 09:26 AM
I'm not sure why you can't have fuel efficiency and power in the same tune. True, you cannot have fuel efficiency and power on the same tank of gas. But the things that make a car more efficient, including the calibration and other modifications, will also help with maximum power. Fuel efficiency is achieved at part throttle. It's not like there is a tune that helps WOT fuel economy, although technically these all run rich at WOT and there is power to be had by leaning them out a bit (at WOT). That's where most of the power gain comes from in a tune on a stock car.

rand49er
02-17-11, 10:26 AM
:yeah:

drift06v
02-17-11, 09:48 PM
clearly the gif is not of a cow, but a horse.

:horse:

sorry but my little computer isnt the best at showing small images, got too big of a ctsv payment to afford a nice computer.

also sorry about how i am saying flashing or chips and everything else.

basically here would be a good format:

my name is john, i get 15.5 mpg on average, 91 octane at cheapest gas location around, i live around 1500 above sea level, ambient temp right now about 50 degrees. i shift from 4-6k all the time but let it coast down hills, my driving includes 50% highway 50% city. stock exaust, stock intake, stock flash or chip or whatever you wanna call it, stock rims, stock size tires, stock suspention, windows up, stereo always on.

see now hopefully this will help the original poster, because if he drives like me and lives somewhere like me and get 12mpg then he can at least have a good idea thats something wrong. or if a guy has an exaust and intake and drives like me and lives in a place like me and gets 20mpg then thats something people might want to invest in.

kevm14
02-17-11, 10:45 PM
I just got gas and drove home from work. My mileage from the gas station, which is near where I work, to my house, was 23.5mpg. This is on a commute that I can average as low as 15mpg on, and would normally get 16-18 driving fairly normally to a bit hard. Goes to show that driving style and the lighter traffic, and the warmer weather (46F) makes a significant difference.

drift06v
02-17-11, 11:49 PM
I just got gas and drove home from work. My mileage from the gas station, which is near where I work, to my house, was 23.5mpg. This is on a commute that I can average as low as 15mpg on, and would normally get 16-18 driving fairly normally to a bit hard. Goes to show that driving style and the lighter traffic, and the warmer weather (46F) makes a significant difference.

ok you proved your point. i wont post anymore

D3l7a3ch0
02-17-11, 11:53 PM
4-6k would kill my fuel economy

zinner
02-18-11, 02:40 AM
I get about 13 mpg, I have a cam, headers and a tune on the car. I drive it like a get away car. I drive mostly city mileage. I feel luck to afford it without much worry on gas prices. Maybe when 93 hits 6-7 bux a gallon I will reconsider.

kevm14
02-18-11, 10:03 AM
ok you proved your point. i wont post anymore

My point was only that mileage can differ by more than seems intuitive at times. However, there is absolutely nothing wrong with making sure your car operating at peak efficiency, no matter what the conditions are. If you are driving on the highway and are only getting 20 and should be getting 24, then that's a problem. If you are driving hard and getting 12 and you should be getting 14, even that's a problem. My point was that it can be VERY hard to tell sometimes.

Copengahen
03-02-11, 11:46 AM
Im a so called "spirited" driver, and I get 20 mpg combined from highway and surface streets.

mcline86
03-02-11, 08:10 PM
I average about 18, sometimes 17 with alot of highway driving. I tend to drive aggresivly unless i remind myself what my bank account looks like.....then i go for MPGS. Not sure what i can get out of a full tank, i get scared when it gets near 1/4 tank seeing my car has lied to me a couple times and iv run out of gas. Id say i get somewhere in the low 200mile range.

D3l7a3ch0
03-03-11, 07:12 PM
about keeping at 1/4 tank... I don't see myself getting a suspension that will take the fluff out of the springs, so I keep 3/4 or more in the tank unless I just don't feel like stopping to fill it, but this is rare. it just handles better with a full tank. I guess I do the same thing as you, but with the first 1/4 of the tank.

the car gets jerky when the tank is empty

GMBOUND
03-05-11, 06:35 PM
I use aCar for my Droid, I do not have DIC because I removed my factory HU.
With that said. Here is the report for my V pulled from my Droid

Car Range: 231mi
Trip Cost/day: $7.89
Trip Cost/mi: $0.38
Trip Cost/100mi: $38.01

Avg MPG: 13.569
Last MPG: 12.330 (it's snowing here!)
Min MPG: 9.414 certain I had fun that day!
Max MPG: 34.614 Had to be a long trip I took

Background info: There is no freeway between my house and my job, I stop at every mile on my way to work.

JustinC
03-05-11, 10:50 PM
Random technology cats allowed me to save 2L/km at any cruise speed. I used to see 11-12L/100km hwy and now 8-9L/100km. City cruise at 60km/hr is exactly the same. Only other thing I notice is that the faster you get into 4th the faster(time not speed) you get real fuel saving.

Cadillac6sp
03-06-11, 06:19 PM
i get 11-12mpg in city (tons of read lights) and maybe best 24-26 mph highway if cruise is set @ 70 and i dont touch the pedal, yet probably average 18-20 when having fun on the highway, 91/93 octane high tier fuel station , i live around 695 above sea level, temp right now about 50 degrees. I am stock with the LS2 engine :bouncy:

shadybx7
03-07-11, 10:50 AM
did a road trip to MIA and back.. still at a 1/4 tank at 270mi since i filled up before the trip... Headers/3in exhaust FTW...love that LS6 sound track.. i still havent needed to take a long enough trip to see what the MAX range is with my current setup...

please Poast up your max Range on a single tank.. on long highway road trips