: Passive door lock

Z06CADY
02-10-11, 10:54 PM
Is this an option on all models and what trim level is it standard on?
Thanks, Chris

Smokin' SRX
02-10-11, 11:09 PM
Your profile doesn't state what year/model you have , but my 2010 Performance has it. I assume you mean.................."hold down the lock button till you hear a chime, all doors will lock after last door closes" . I think we have a 5 second delay. (in case you spot your keys on the seat, right after slamming the door closed! Try it. (with keys in your hand!)

Others will weigh in, if you list year/model.

SS

Z06CADY
02-10-11, 11:19 PM
I have a 2010 Performance trim. Passive lock/unlock in the sence you do not push the lock or unlock on the fob. Doors lock about 30 sec after you shut the door and unlock when you pull the handel with the fob in your pocket.

Smokin' SRX
02-10-11, 11:30 PM
OH.............Passive Keyless Access! It's a proximity technology and I'm pretty sure it was only avail on the Premium pack for 2010, but offered, I'm told, as an option alone, in 2011. Think we both lost out.... But try the other method I mentioned. Comes in habdy.
SS

TheCaptain
02-11-11, 03:38 PM
Yea, 2010 Passive Entry was a Premium only package. And i believe all Luxury Collection Trims and up get it from now on.

mrl859
02-11-11, 03:44 PM
My 2011 Performance has it.

zinner
02-14-11, 01:30 AM
My 2010 Turbo performance doesn't have the passive keyless entry even though the Cadillac.com website says it should. I have no idea in the world why it wouldn't be standard on all the model.

A number of things about the 2nd gen SRX are disappointing, like the lack to power tilt wheel, the preset for seat/mirror/radio aren't linked to a remote. Things I took for granted on my 2006 SRX that I am sorely missing now.

Z06CADY
02-14-11, 11:57 AM
My 2010 Performance is in for some work and they gave me another 2010 Lux to drive and it has the "passive keyless system" what is up with that? I went on line but its too late now as all the information is updated to the 2011 and would not apply to a 10.

cfp40
02-14-11, 01:17 PM
My 2010 Luxury Edition does not have it.

Smokin' SRX
02-15-11, 04:38 PM
My 2010 Turbo performance doesn't have the passive keyless entry even though the Cadillac.com website says it should. I have no idea in the world why it wouldn't be standard on all the model.

A number of things about the 2nd gen SRX are disappointing, like the lack to power tilt wheel, the preset for seat/mirror/radio aren't linked to a remote. Things I took for granted on my 2006 SRX that I am sorely missing now.

Yes they are! At least the seat and power mirror. I'm on road but check the owners manual! The Remotes don't work like our 1st gens. (not a # 1/#2 pre-arranged ) The last one used remembers its settings and restores them when it's used again if the memory is set on door setting buttons just once. Check further and if someone else doesn't jump in, I'll get the info for you when I get back :-)

I too miss the power tilt steering wheel...........

SS

Ponyman
02-15-11, 06:34 PM
I personally liked the #1 and #2 setup better, but it is what it is.

TheCaptain
02-16-11, 12:22 AM
My 2010 Performance is in for some work and they gave me another 2010 Lux to drive and it has the "passive keyless system" what is up with that? I went on line but its too late now as all the information is updated to the 2011 and would not apply to a 10.

If it IS a Lux, and has Passive Entry... it can't be a 2010. It has to be a 2011.
Or an extremely late build 2010 that didn't make the MY number change but got the benefits of.

frankrizzo135
02-18-11, 11:32 AM
The passive door lock ,I think is a pain in the butt. I had the feature engaged to work for awhile but after coming home and returning to the vehicle for something without the key fobe,to find a locked door, got a little old after awhile. So now I just lock it when I want to.

sube5186
02-20-11, 06:56 PM
The passive door lock ,I think is a pain in the butt. I had the feature engaged to work for awhile but after coming home and returning to the vehicle for something without the key fobe,to find a locked door, got a little old after awhile. So now I just lock it when I want to.

Is your car kept in the garage? If so, just leave the remote in the car. The passive locking won't lock the car if a remote is in the vehicle.

Sube

Smokin' SRX
02-21-11, 12:23 AM
yes! but not in plain sight please. I've left my garage open, overnite, once or twice. Crime of opportunity.......

SS