: Is there a way to view a mobile friendly version of this site?

e6t
02-10-11, 02:03 AM
I use an iPad A LOT and it is very difficult to view this site... The ads load so slowly and the page size jumps back and forth until the entire thing loads... I often click on a an unintended thread because the site hasn't loaded fully and the links move around.

Thx!

dvandentop
02-10-11, 02:11 AM
there used to be a mobile theme but they took it away for some reason, now i can only get my forum fill when i am at home :devil:

JOEYCTS-V
02-10-11, 02:12 AM
I use my ipad on this site a lot too. Another forum member recommended the ilunascape browser and I like it a lot. Most of the buttons are on the bottom of the screen so you can easily use your thumbs. It should make your surfing a little easier.

Aurora40
02-10-11, 09:17 AM
the atomic web browser has ad blocking built in. Though the site is still pretty annoying/slow to load and render from my ipad too.

e6t
02-10-11, 12:32 PM
tried ilunascape and it does the same thing as safari. ill look around... seems a few ppl are having the same type of issues. if i find a fix, ill let you guys know.

gnxs
02-10-11, 02:58 PM
This site is dog slow on my desktop, let alone a mobile app.

This site is Tapatalk compatible and I've accessed it that way once or twice, but the performance is unbearable so I almost never use it.

PhxTriode
02-10-11, 03:06 PM
This site is dog slow on my desktop, let alone a mobile app.

This site is Tapatalk compatible and I've accessed it that way once or twice, but the performance is unbearable so I almost never use it.

I use it on my iPhone and it rocks, loads faster than on my laptop. What kind of phone are you running on if you don't mind me asking

snzuloz
02-10-11, 03:24 PM
I use it on my iPhone and it rocks, loads faster than on my laptop. What kind of phone are you running on if you don't mind me asking

My Iphone 3gs is slooooooooow to load as well, and major pain in the a** to use. Ads really screw it up.

JOEYCTS-V
02-10-11, 03:53 PM
I'm on tapatalk right now on my iPhone and I'm loving it. Thanks for the idea guys. The best $2.99 I ever spent. It loads faster on 3G than it does on my PC! lol

gnxs
02-10-11, 04:01 PM
Droid X. I'm only a "free member" if that matters when it comes to speed (I probably get a ton more ads). Regardless, this site is the slowest one I visit by far, no matter where I access it from.

PhxTriode
02-10-11, 04:31 PM
I get no ads on tapatalk

PhxTriode
02-10-11, 04:32 PM
My Iphone 3gs is slooooooooow to load as well, and major pain in the a** to use. Ads really screw it up.

are you using tapatalk or just using your browser in your 3GS?

gnxs
02-10-11, 04:37 PM
I get no ads on tapatalk
You're a "Supporting Member" here. Could be one of the reasons. :noidea: I'd guess you get WAY less ads than we do.

JOEYCTS-V
02-10-11, 04:38 PM
I don't get ads on tapatalk and I'm not a supporting member.

dvandentop
02-10-11, 07:47 PM
bring back the mobi template!!

e6t
02-10-11, 07:55 PM
Bought a browser called mercury. Has Adblock built in and seems to work pretty well... I have almost all the ads blocked on my pc using FF and Adblock so i copied the ad urls I had added to FF and it loads better on the iPad now... Almost bearable, but I'm not finished...

Gonzales25
02-11-11, 08:35 PM
This forum is by far the worst I have been on, but we dont have a whole lot of options.

offmango
02-11-11, 11:18 PM
No ads on Tapatalk here, either, and I'm not a supporting member. It's by far my favorite way to view the forum.

RippyPartsDept
02-11-11, 11:43 PM
+1 tapatalk ... best way to access the site on the go

8th Day
02-11-11, 11:50 PM
I too use tapatalk. Works great.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

neuronbob
02-12-11, 10:25 AM
I'll have to bend and use Tapatalk on my iPhone. I've been avoiding it because this is the only forum I go to that is Tapatalk-compatible.

hueterm
02-12-11, 12:49 PM
This forum is by far the worst I have been on, but we dont have a whole lot of options.

Well, you can pay and get your ads cut down. There's an option.

The only issue I get on my Galaxy Tab is what someone said earlier that the page drops while loading and if I rush trying to click a link, sometimes you click the wrong one.

Other than that, it works fine.

MODS -- this should move to the feedback section...

Playdrv4me
02-12-11, 07:50 PM
I use tapatalk on both my rooted Nook Color (on it now) AND my iPhone 4 and both versions are flawless. It takes accessing the forum on the go from a mere convenience to something you actually look forward to using. I don't see ads on either of mine.

hueterm
02-12-11, 08:54 PM
I get prompted for Tapatalk, but what is it?

Playdrv4me
02-12-11, 09:04 PM
I get prompted for Tapatalk, but what is it?

It is a client specifically designed to browse forums without having to navigate to the forum page and reformat it to the size of a mobile device screen. It also loads ONLY the content without all the surrounding ads and graphically intensive components. On the iPhone, it also allows me to take a picture with my phone and instantly embed that into a forum post (it auto hosts the image on Tapatalk's image server). It supports inline images and most of the basic smileys. Essentially, it turns the forum itself into an "app", versus a webpage. Unfortunately, it's 2.99 per device, but I'm a cheapass and even I bought it... twice!

The other drawback is that the forum owner must specifically have tapatalk support enabled in their forum software, so it does NOT work with all forums yet. Since this is really the only one I visit, I don't care.

T DOG
03-06-11, 02:21 PM
I'm loving tapatalk!