: What if....?

Lord Cadillac
02-09-11, 04:20 PM
What if Hyundai sold the CTS and Cadillac sold the Genesis... Which car do you think would sell more? And why?

iametarq
02-09-11, 04:39 PM
I am still having issues, mentally, with the fact that the Genesis is a luxury car after having a rental Hyundai in Florida this past week that didn't have power locks or windows.

But given the stigma in my head I'd say the Genesis would probably sell more under the Cadillac name, just because of the name.

Lord Cadillac
02-09-11, 04:49 PM
Hyundai isn't a luxury brand. The Genesis is a luxury car (as is the Equus). So most Hyundai vehicles will not have luxury amenities.. Hyundai will have a new brand for their luxury vehicles in a few years. Otherwise, I agree with your assessment.

iametarq
02-09-11, 04:54 PM
I understand that Hyundai isn't a luxury automaker, which is why I can't get past the fact that they are building the Genesis as a luxury car. I think of it as their highest end auto in their line up, and because of that I can't get past it and say its Luxury. What I've seen and read about it on the web, just casually, it certainly is capable of competing with traditional luxury auto makers.

hueterm
02-09-11, 07:55 PM
If the Genesis had its size and mechanicals, with the styling of the CTS, I would own one now...

Playdrv4me
02-09-11, 08:53 PM
Cadillac would sell the shit out of the Genesis.

The really scary part? The non-V CTS would fit in JUST as well as a mid-tier Hyundai, especially given its engine options.

That's really weird to think about.

Lord Cadillac
02-10-11, 01:31 AM
Actually, I think the 2012 Genesis, with Cadillac styling (of course), would make one impressive STS...