: Reverse Tilt Mirrors

frankrizzo135
02-08-11, 07:07 PM
Has anyone found that using the "REVERSE TILT MIRROR" feature does not let you program only the mirror on the passenger side. Which would be the only one I need to park near a curb. I think the tilt of the drivers side mirror is annoying. I would like if you could progam each mirror individually.

sube5186
02-09-11, 08:27 AM
If you were able to set this for only one mirror, you'd constantly be changing the settings. What about parallel parking on alternate sides of a one-way street? One day you'd need the left mirror to tilt down. The next day it might be the right mirror. Seems like a logical design to me to have them both tilt.

I thought this was the greatest feature, until I realized how rarely I need to parallel park. I turn it off in the Config Menu. That's the nice thing about being able to personalize your vehicle. Different strokes for different folks.

Sube

frankrizzo135
02-12-11, 09:37 PM
You don't understand my reason for bring it up. The other Cadillacs I have owned had it so you could control either mirror individually or have them both tilt. As far as parking on a one way street and backing into a space on the left hand side ,well it you think about it that would be on the drivers side and I can easily look out the window and see the curb. I still think it is a lack on their part for not designing it just like the previous cars I have owned.

sube5186
02-12-11, 09:52 PM
You don't understand my reason for bring it up. The other Cadillacs I have owned had it so you could control either mirror individually or have them both tilt. As far as parking on a one way street and backing into a space on the left hand side ,well it you think about it that would be on the drivers side and I can easily look out the window and see the curb. I still think it is a lack on their part for not designing it just like the previous cars I have owned.

If you can look out the driver's window and see the curb while parking you must have a really long neck. But seriously, why does having the mirror you don't need to tilt, tilting, bother you? It seems you could just ignore the tilting mirror you don't need to tilt, which is probably why they changed the design in the first place.

Sube

frankrizzo135
02-12-11, 10:41 PM
Well to be honest with you I look at the mirror on my side with I even back up into my driveway and I want to look at it straight on not tilted. So if I have the tilt feature on it tilts so it is a pain.

sube5186
02-13-11, 08:56 AM
Well to be honest with you I look at the mirror on my side with I even back up into my driveway and I want to look at it straight on not tilted. So if I have the tilt feature on it tilts so it is a pain.

Oh, OK. Gotcha. It might be easier for you to just turn this feature off and "manually" tilt the mirror when necessary.

I don't know if you've been following some of the other threads, but it seems like Cadillac is losing features in subsequent years. Apparently, the double tilt mirrors was one they decided to axe. Call Customer Service and complain about it. If they omit features present on previous models and no one complains, I'm sure they figure nobody really misses them. As I've said before, complaining amongst ourselves is therapeutic, but it doesn't accomplish anything. Why not make your complaints count by directing them toward those who have the power to makes changes? Just some food for thought.

Sube

frankrizzo135
02-18-11, 10:03 AM
I have and I Do!!!!

Smokin' SRX
02-19-11, 04:01 PM
I did as Sube rightfully recc'd and turned off my Tilt-down feature a while ago. I need to see other items as I back up besides the curb. EG ... a person/bike approaching, a mailbox etc.. So I installed blind spot mirrors on both sides and now see it all! I no longer miss Smart Cars as I change lanes also. Peek at my Album if interested in how they look on SRX. ......

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/members/smokin-srx-albums-2010-platinum-ice.html

I too hate the de-contenting of GM cars. I've seen so much removed over the years. I know it's subjective as to what's important, but.... My new 2011 Yukon Denali( $59K!) has NO glove box light and no door lites, front or rear. I've adhered reflective red tape on all doors to alert oncoming traffic. My former Yukies had both. And they removed a storage compartment in rear cargo area that my 2000 and 2003 Yukie's had. Now the power, memory steering wheel my 2004 SRX had is gone. Had they dropped the adjustable pedals, I would have PASSED on a Caddy. That's a big lost sale,GM (my wife is 5'1" and sits too close to wheel otherwise-safety issue) Who knows if they listen, but I've complained alot.

I do appreciate and value when buying features such as the 3/4 tailgate height setting, Climate Anti-Fog feature, and the infamous Cabin filter being kept! My 2004 SRX had none while the Yukies all do. Matters to those w/allergies or rust fresh-air freaks...like me! Thks for these GM.

SS