: 8th Day Creations failed to deliver. Am I alone?

Bueller
02-08-11, 04:21 PM
On December 20th I placed an order on the website. It was around $40 for a beanie and some stickers. I would guess these items might bring a decent profit.

I sent an email and didn't get a reply. Nothing delivered. Is there any other way to contact this forum sponsor?

I've purchased all of my parts from Luke at Lindsay and will continue to as long as I have the car. We all know Lindsay takes care of their clients.

The reason I used both of them is because they were associated with this forum. I figured they were reputable.

Is a 7 week turn around too long for a knit hat and some stickers? Did I get dooped out of my $? Any help or info would be appreciated.

RippyPartsDept
02-08-11, 04:43 PM
there have been some other people with delayed orders from just before XMas from them as well - and have had a hard time getting in touch with them also.

... keep trying to contact them... they're not running a scam operation, but I do agree that 7 weeks is too long especially with no contact

RVO27
02-08-11, 05:27 PM
I had ordered a custom hoody from them a while back. It did take a while for me to finally get my hoody and it was very difficult to get a hold of them. I did eventually get my hoody and they threw in a custom V series hat for my troubles. They were very apologetic that it took so long. The hoody and hat are extremely nice quality. They are nice people, just a little slow sometimes.

RippyPartsDept
02-08-11, 06:28 PM
yeah, i should add that i got my skull/wreath winter hat in a timely fashion (about 10-12 days -- as did other people)

not sure if it's the items that you order, holidays, weather or what it is that causes these delays people have been seeing...

V-Guy
02-08-11, 07:30 PM
I am totally disgusted with these people. I have probably left ten phone messages and sent 5 emails - all very polite - and I have not received a single response. I ordered (and paid for) two hats on 12/31. I finally got one hat in about a week ago - but they still haven't sent me the other hat or communicated with me in any way. I am beginning to think they are just stealing my money. At a minimum, they run a VERY sloppy business and I will definitely never do business with them again.

Houdini
02-08-11, 07:58 PM
Call the BBB. I bet you'll get a quick response after that.

trhs75
02-09-11, 01:16 AM
...or dispute the charge on your credit card. If it was by PayPal, it's even easier to get your money credited back to your account. It's too bad things have been so slow. Good luck!

liqidvenom
02-09-11, 09:29 PM
i think for such a small amount of money you can wait a bit. i bought from them and honestly i cant remember how long it took to arrive but it came and they threw in some other thing to make up for the wait.

V-Guy
02-09-11, 09:31 PM
Really? So what's the excuse for never returning a call or responding to an email? Do you think that's an acceptable way to run a business?

liqidvenom
02-09-11, 09:40 PM
honestly the beauty of using the internet is i dont a vendor to do anything other then build my product. customer service is nice when i have gotten to the point that my time frame for the product is gone.

if you needed a hat from them for MLK day lets say then sure, but what i bought from them i was able to make use of it when i got it.

me all i care about is my satisfaction when i get what i paid for. if i have to wait a bit more for my happiness then sure. but thats me.

crankedupforit
02-09-11, 09:50 PM
That original thread for the Skull Wreath decal had 8000 hits. I wonder if 8th Day was just overwhelmed with orders. If they're a mom and pop shop or a part time business they could be in trouble. It's a shame they aren't at least posting something or communicating.

V-Guy
02-09-11, 09:51 PM
liquidvenom: I respect your opinion, but I disagree. If a web-based business lists a phone number, they should answer it - or at least return phone calls. If they list an email address - they should respond to emails. I also run my own business, and if my customer service was remotely as bad as 8th Day's is, I'd be out of business in a month. My prediction is that 8th Day is going to suffer that exact fate.

liqidvenom
02-09-11, 10:07 PM
honestly the beauty of using the internet is i dont a vendor to do anything other then build my product. customer service is nice when i have gotten to the point that my time frame for the product is gone.

if you needed a hat from them for MLK day lets say then sure, but what i bought from them i was able to make use of it when i got it.

me all i care about is my satisfaction when i get what i paid for. if i have to wait a bit more for my happiness then sure. but thats me.

V-Guy
02-09-11, 10:12 PM
Uh. ok.

wcryan
02-10-11, 01:53 AM
lol...... To get down to the bottom of it; that's just horrible customer service. When you pay for it, you expect to get someone in a timely manner that is advertised. I totally agree with V-guy. "The guy that does concrete for new houses doesnt show up after the house is built does he?"

lollygagger8
02-10-11, 04:05 PM
They should totally have responded by now. Customer Service is not what it used to be, but that's no excuse. Keep on em man!

I hope Liquid Venom didn't get a higher poast count for posting the same stupid thing twice lolz

V-Guy
02-10-11, 04:19 PM
They should totally have responded by now. Customer Service is not what it used to be, but that's no excuse. Keep on em man!

I hope Liquid Venom didn't get a higher poast count for posting the same stupid thing twice lolz
I actually initiated the PayPal dispute this afternoon. I hate that - I've had a PayPal account almost since there's been a PayPal, and this is my first dispute, after hundreds of transactions. I'm just not one to whine. But I called 8th Day again today and now their voicemail is full, so I can't even leave them another message (that they could then ignore). So it was time to get on with the dispute. It sucks tho - I just wanted my hat.

RippyPartsDept
02-10-11, 04:42 PM
That original thread for the Skull Wreath decal had 8000 hits. I wonder if 8th Day was just overwhelmed with orders. If they're a mom and pop shop or a part time business they could be in trouble. It's a shame they aren't at least posting something or communicating.

i'm pretty sure you're correct on this one...

plus i have a feeling that something else is going one

maybe a sickness in the family or a death in the family or something that would cause them to put 8th day on hold...

the silence leads to speculation though and even though i know that i shouldn't it's hard not to

V-Guy
02-10-11, 05:02 PM
i'm pretty sure you're correct on this one...

plus i have a feeling that something else is going one

maybe a sickness in the family or a death in the family or something that would cause them to put 8th day on hold...

the silence leads to speculation though and even though i know that i shouldn't it's hard not to

I had the same thought. I run my own business too (I'm a firearms instructor) - and I admit that after I had a motorcycle accident in October of last year, my phone and email went unanswered for a few days. But no more than a few - and I made sure that everyone who had paid for my services was offered the option of either having their training rescheduled or getting their money back. Happily, everyone was very accomodating and simply rescheduled - all it took was some communication.

As for 8th Day - even for a small family business, I have a hard time excusing weeks and weeks of being ignored - especially after they've been paid.

The Tony Show
02-10-11, 05:12 PM
The person who runs that business hasn't been active on the forums in some time. Back when they were here often I had lots of conversations and they seemed like a very upstanding person, so I'm guessing there's some kind of personal issue going on.

Not trying to stick up for 8th day or anything, but take it for what it's worth. They've been a vendor here for a long time with tons of satisfied customers, and to my knowledge not a shady company at all.

V-Guy
02-10-11, 05:19 PM
The person who runs that business hasn't been active on the forums in some time. Back when they were here often I had lots of conversations and they seemed like a very upstanding person, so I'm guessing there's some kind of personal issue going on.

Not trying to stick up for 8th day or anything, but take it for what it's worth. They've been a vendor here for a long time with tons of satisfied customers, and to my knowledge not a shady company at all.

That is great feedback. I hate to be in "what have you done for me lately" mode, but this is the first time that I've dealt with them and they took my money, didn't sent me everything I paid for and won't return emails or calls. So now I'll just hunker down and see if I get a response to the PayPal dispute. If I don't get the merchandise - I'll go for a partial refund through PayPal and chalk it up to experience.

Thanks for the background!

Guy

k61kgsxr
02-10-11, 08:37 PM
I had to put in a paypal dispute. They didn't reply to it, but i did receive my goods before i could ask for a refund. The paypal disputes have work for others too. Hopefully the dispute works for you too.

PORGUY
02-10-11, 09:46 PM
I order a shirt and some decals from them a couple weeks ago and recieved it in about a week ,no problems here ....

V-Guy
02-10-11, 09:57 PM
I had to put in a paypal dispute. They didn't reply to it, but i did receive my goods before i could ask for a refund. The paypal disputes have work for others too. Hopefully the dispute works for you too.

Interestingly enough, 8th Day agreed to my request for a refund within a couple of hours of my filing of the PayPal dispute today. That certainly begs the question of why they couldn't respond to my phone messages and emails, and I would have rather just received my hat, but at least now I won't be out the money. There is definitely something weird going on with them.

thebigjimsho
02-12-11, 02:34 PM

Interestingly enough, 8th Day agreed to my request for a refund within a couple of hours of my filing of the PayPal dispute today. That certainly begs the question of why they couldn't respond to my phone messages and emails, and I would have rather just received my hat, but at least now I won't be out the money. There is definitely something weird going on with them.Like Tony, I knew the person running the show and I would never imagine you having this kind of trouble with this vendor. If anything, it makes me a little worried about the person...

RippyPartsDept
02-12-11, 02:48 PM
Like Tony, I knew the person running the show and I would never imagine you having this kind of trouble with this vendor. If anything, it makes me a little worried about the person...

that's a good way to put it...

V-Guy
02-13-11, 12:33 AM
Update: I received an email from 8th Day after they agreed to refund my money in the PayPal dispute, saying they were aware of the customer service problems and were working to fix them. They also told me they were sending me my hat for free (since they refunded my money) and gave me a tracking number.

There was no explanation for their failure to answer the phone, return messages or respond to emails for several weeks, but it looks like they're trying to turn things around.

Black Sunshine
02-14-11, 07:03 AM
Well, my wife ordered a shirt and hat for me before Christmas but never received a confirmation. She didn't think the order went thru. So I ordered a shirt and hat in Jan.

Saturday, two shirts and hats showed up at the house.

Won't be ordering from these folks again. Too many other options out there.

Bueller
02-15-11, 02:14 PM
Hat and stickers showed up yesterday. Ordered Dec 20th.

Doctechx
02-15-11, 02:58 PM
Not to thread-jack, but on the subject of customer service / responsiveness, I have yet to receive my leather wrap UUC shift knob that I ordered from them on 11/10/10. I was thrilled when I placed the order @ a 20% discount because I was under the impression that they were no longer making V shift knobs. Then, 2 weeks after I placed my order, all of the Cadillac links and products were dropped from the website. I have called at least 5 times to confirm that my knob is indeed backordered vs. discontinued, and have been assured each time that I will indeed receive my part. They just can't tell me when. They keep referrencing raw material shortages. They also claim that the website is still under maintenance, which is why the Cadillac links are down. Seems strange that it would be down for almost three months. I have seen other posts indicating that UUC takes their own sweet time getting stuff out, but I am getting pretty frustrated at this point.

Chris0nllyn
02-15-11, 04:11 PM
I was about to order some things from them...kind of scared now.

junoreactor
02-15-11, 11:22 PM
When I ordred 2 shirts previously I also did not receive a confirmation notice like Black Sunshine mentioned. I too thought the order didn't go through so I checked my credit card transaction history and found I was charged for it. I sent an email to them asking about where the order was but never received any reply. Then 1 month later the shirts arrived without any communication at all. I very much like the shirts but, I"m afraid to order again.

socram909
02-16-11, 01:32 AM
Wish I would have read this before I ordered

WesH8398
02-16-11, 06:51 AM
I just placed an order with 'em for some emblem overlays. They've been pretty quick to respond to my PM's and such, so I'm fairly confident that I'll get the product.

V-Guy
02-16-11, 08:01 AM
My experience with them indicates that they're very quick to respond until they get you money - or after you initiate a PayPal dispute. In between, they ignored me completely. But again, they did admit to me that they're aware of their recent customer service failings and promised to improve, so I'm keeping an open mind - pending additional feedback here.