: The Northstar Issue

2dfx
08-09-03, 04:17 PM
A very unfortunate reality lol...
http://members.rogers.com/tjrobbins/nostart.jpg

MMNineInchNails
08-10-03, 02:00 AM
Funny, but you need to match up those colors better so it looks real.

MMNineInchNails
08-10-03, 02:11 AM
There, I fixed it for you. You're very welcome.

kcnewell
08-10-03, 02:22 AM
And the point is?

Brett
08-10-03, 12:14 PM
jeal·ous

Resentful or bitter in rivalry; envious: jealous of the success of others

fristim
08-14-03, 08:59 AM
There, I fixed it for you. You're very welcome.

LOL, ya know when it comes to vehicles and automobile ownership its a whole new set of rules. The biggest one of all is that no matter what the product is, if it bears the "FAMILY" emblem its worth respecting. Well thats how things used to be. I come from a european driving family, ie.-volvo, and mercedes. I got a chance to rent a 98 Deville in high school for my prom. Needless to say I feel in love with it, every aspect of it. Due to my love for the car I also had to accecpt the cadillac name and everthing that came with it. Which basically means RESPECT for the name plate. There are nicer caddy's than the deville and at the same time the deville is a nicer car than other caddys, but I respect them all. Everything from the 350 Lt1 to the HT4100 to the North*. What Im wondering is how could you have the BALLS to come into the North* forum and post such a Senseless pic is far beyond me. As a matter of fact Im quite sure that if I came into the pushrod forum and started braggin about how much more power and how much more technoligically refined the North* is over the 4.9 I'd get the same response. There are good points and bad points about every powertrain setup. I'm not trying to point any fingers but I dont see Mercedes Benz saying anything about the 4.9 powertrain, now do ya? Yet MB *RESPECTS* the North* enough to recognize it as one the of the most sophisticated powerplants in the world:) I'm not upset by any means :) cause everyone is entitled to thier own opinion, but its the RESPECT for the name plate that keeps post like this one from ever being created. Hey we're all one big family lets keep it together!!!!

P.S. a fool is known by the multitude of his words!!!!!!!!!

Caddyhunter
08-18-03, 12:23 PM
I think it was just a gag fellas.... relax. I wouldn't take too much offence to that.

kcnewell
08-27-03, 01:28 AM
An extremely good engine in the wrong hands is worse than a terrible engine in good hands....In my humble opinion.

jonrodman
09-21-03, 12:21 AM
I think it was just a gag fellas.... relax. I wouldn't take too much offence to that.

The Irony is that if there is any engine on this planet that will start every time, it is the North Star. I also owned one of those 4.9s a long time ago, and it never failed me. The car did start to rust and I parted with it, but it always started and ran. As a matter of fact it was quite fast.