: my '07 V is gone in May

D3l7a3ch0
02-08-11, 02:32 AM
...because I take an extended stay outside of the office, beginning that month. The plan is to find a coupe when I get back. I've been eying C6's ever since... forever, but having made the jump to this "luxury" level I think I'll have to bypass the "vette thing". So I think I belong in a coupe. a luxury coupe.

had I thought the V1 through, I would have realized that a sedan, even though it's fun, just isn't my thing. ...and I would have financed an orange C6 that I saw @ 24k. With the V1 I just... feel like I'm misrepresenting myself, maybe... as more responsible than I really am with four doors. too much room for a baby seat.

I went from a (clean!) Grand Marquis to this, and I thought it was a logical step. ...from looking like a bad drug dealer to a successful pimp... I forgot the reason I got the Grand Mark was because it was in my price range at the time, and a better option than a used Sentra.

I researched some CLK's but what I really don't like--and this would still be true even if a CLK's power, handling and price were matched with a V-coupe--is the styling. The CLK looks a lot like every other Merc I see, while Cadillac is very... consistent with their updates, and you can just tell "That's a flashy Caddy--it must be the newer one". When "girls don't know", and I can't tell either, I think it's a problem. I don't want to be in something that looks like another what'sit from '03.

so. this is how it's gonna go down: V gets gone when I leave, I come back, I find a V Coupe. end of story.

http://i.imgur.com/MZbL1.jpg

...in white, or black, or grey... i dunno, I'll know it when I see it

Aurora40
02-08-11, 09:49 AM
Is it the image of a coupe vs a sedan? Because otherwise there is no real difference. If it's driving a large car that bothers you, I don't know that the coupe will cure that.

It's funny, we are like opposites. I have had Corvettes for a while, but once I bought the V I pretty much stopped driving the 'vette. I guess I like driving big sedans around. Now I'm sort of itching to sell the 'vette and the V and get a V2 sedan... Seems moronic from a financial standpoint, but I've got the itch.

Just FYI, but Z06's get cheaper every day. You could get a low-mile one with the extended powertrain warranty ('07+) for about $40k at this point.

D3l7a3ch0
02-08-11, 10:19 AM
Is it the image of a coupe vs a sedan? Because otherwise there is no real difference. If it's driving a large car that bothers you, I don't know that the coupe will cure that.

It's funny, we are like opposites. I have had Corvettes for a while, but once I bought the V I pretty much stopped driving the 'vette. I guess I like driving big sedans around. Now I'm sort of itching to sell the 'vette and the V and get a V2 sedan... Seems moronic from a financial standpoint, but I've got the itch.

Just FYI, but Z06's get cheaper every day. You could get a low-mile one with the extended powertrain warranty ('07+) for about $40k at this point.

yah but it makes complete sense from a FUN standpoint!

you're right, it's the image. if all other things were the same between the coupe and sedan(and they pretty much are), I'm going with the coupe for the fewer-strings-attached image. Aaand Caddy over Vette because of the luxury class factor. I kinda knocked on the coupe V at first too, but then I realized the four-door is sending the wrong message. and the amenities...

I know the Z06 is fast, but I really just want a panty dropper and I think the V Coupe is my best bet

V-Guy
02-08-11, 10:54 AM
I know the Z06 is fast, but I really just want a panty dropper and I think the V Coupe is my best bet

Well, it sounds like you have your priorities clearly identified. Good luck.

JD03Cobra
02-08-11, 11:32 AM
If you're looking to impress the ladies you might want to go with a Z06. My buddy has a yellow one and it draws a lot of attention.

shadybx7
02-08-11, 03:21 PM
op.. i would go v coupe but it would have to be dropped cause that ass is far to high..

:for the record:
--i have never whipped a c6 around but i know for a fact that V1 is a panty dropper...:fact:.. i get compliments from the range.. [co:ed -> cougar] it might also be a Florida thing.. i get alot more compliments down here then in drrry jersey.. that may be a hater thing

D3l7a3ch0
02-08-11, 09:28 PM
I've brought this up with the ladies

corvette = same class of car as camaro and mustang :hmm:

cadillac is in the same luxury class as BMW and Mercedes, but BMW is sexiest...

I would pounce on the BMW M5 but 1: out of my price range 2: the V is faster :devil:

plus at that point, a BMW will not accomplish something a V couldn't. it is SO not about the car. but it is.

CadzillaTN
02-08-11, 10:18 PM
How is the M5 out of your range but a V2 isn't?..

How about a late model porsche or perhaps a ferrari? If panty droppin sluts are what you really want, then every car you've mentioned is simply marginal and what comes out of your mouth after the ride is still a factor.. Get something exotic and you can degrade them, they'll always get back in the car.

D3l7a3ch0
02-09-11, 08:00 AM
because it's more expensive?

whoa, slow down I meant panty dropper as in, the car

"panty droppin sluts" changes everything!

my buddy with no job and no car gets them all the time, I don't need a Caddy for that

op.. i would go v coupe but it would have to be dropped cause that ass is far to high..

:for the record:
--i have never whipped a c6 around but i know for a fact that V1 is a panty dropper...:fact:.. i get compliments from the range.. [co:ed -> cougar] it might also be a Florida thing.. i get alot more compliments down here then in drrry jersey.. that may be a hater thing

the V coupe rides two inches lower, apparently? than the regular Coupe

it does have a huge ass. but it looks great in a tiny black dress

CadzillaTN
02-09-11, 11:55 AM
Lol, yeah the look is night and day when it is lowered.

shadybx7
02-09-11, 05:29 PM
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll113/mrooster725/2011CTS-VCoupe005.jpg
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm:drool:
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll113/mrooster725/2011CTS-VCoupe009.jpg
phatazz

D3l7a3ch0
02-09-11, 08:27 PM
gad. I stared at the rear view pic for a good three minutes and my mind was racing.

can I just be honest here? I do not like being seen as husband material and this car... screams all the right things.

IT SCREAMS ALL THE RIGHT THINGS!

do you have any pictures with the door(s) open? how much was this lowered?

I think this can pull off being loud. V1... not so much.

liqidvenom
02-09-11, 09:25 PM
Damn Will that V2 coupe just made my knees weak a bit.

garrettg
02-10-11, 12:09 PM
Based on your comments it sounds like you need an 80's Carmaro with t-tops of course. Seriously though if your picking car's based on some ladies first impression then you might be more whipped than most of us that are married.

liqidvenom
02-10-11, 04:30 PM
people should get a vehicle for what ever reasons they want. not our place to judge what someone is looking to do with their money.

D3l7a3ch0
02-10-11, 04:46 PM
It's only fair that you pity me.

Stratman
02-11-11, 10:25 AM
If you're looking to impress the ladies you might want to go with a Z06. My buddy has a yellow one and it draws a lot of attention.

I think the old saying "The Vette gets 'em wet." doesn't hold as much water as it used to. They are just everywhere. And 98% of women won't know a standard coupe from a GS from a Z06 from a ZR1. Plus 2 seats hampers your pick up ability. Some extra person(s) always need(s) to be dropped off, taken to their car, driven back to the apartment, yada yada. And if you went out with a buddy, the car is already full.

I've never been a fan of buying a car specifically as skank bait. By the time they see it, the hook should already be set playa. :quagmire:

V-Guy
02-11-11, 11:39 AM
Are there really women out there that date guys for their cars? (Above the age of 17, anyway.) Come on. I've been single for a long time, and I wouldn't touch any woman who would date me just for my damn car - as much as I love the V.

In fact, I think that as soon as a guy starts bragging about his car, any woman with any class at all starts thinking "loser." And haven't we all seen about a million little nimrods driving around in Vettes that totally prove that theory? While they think their car "screams all the right things," women are laughing and holding up their thumb and forefinger about two inches apart. (And that's not a knock against Corvettes - just some of the guys that buy 'em - for all the wrong reasons)

One of the primary reasons that I love my V is that it doesn't "scream" anything. It is under-stated. In fact, it looks only a little bit different than the family cruiser, but it can blow the doors off of nearly anything else on the road. Stealthy - that's what's cool. And if I'm the only one who knows it - right up until the light turns green - that's just fine.

D3l7a3ch0
02-11-11, 12:23 PM
I'm also handsome, built, smart and funny--most of all, modest (relative to my awesomeness, I actually am)

I'm also hung like a baby--7lbs 4oz and it's a hassle to run with. It looks like I stole a rotisserie chicken.

So. Are we speaking from experience, having been the fairer sex? cuz it sounds to me like a lot of Haterade is being passed around.

I think a four-door gives the wrong impression. But a coupe V driven by a twentysomething--wouldn't you be inclined to believe that person has played the game a little bit and maybe has things figured out.

And yes I meant pity. I've been married and I'm not looking to do it again.

V-Guy
02-11-11, 12:56 PM
Not hatin' at all, bro. I just never believe a man who brags.

And I never assume anything about a person based on the car he/she drives - except that they talked someone into financing it.

D3l7a3ch0
02-11-11, 01:11 PM
Ok maybe 7lbs is an exaggeration.

I don't think it's about the car either. A fun thing I like to do is make conversation with women and watch them knock things over or drop things.

Oh, and you know that burst of pheromones women put off when they get flustered, and whatever perfume they're wearing becomes very pronounced? It's like... smelling fresh baked cookies. No? Am I losing you here

V-Guy
02-11-11, 01:16 PM
LOL. You do have a sense of humor. And good luck with the V Coupe - it is a great car and I agree that it looks amazing lowered.

D3l7a3ch0
02-11-11, 07:29 PM
THANK YOU, and thanks. It's one of the top three things that will keep me going through my trip to the sandbox.

I thought I was gonna get kicked outta here for trolling for SURE.

CadzillaTN
02-11-11, 10:24 PM
You have a nice car already. You just need some poon-tang, and fast.

D3l7a3ch0
02-12-11, 12:13 AM
I have some, I'd have more if girls wouldn't HOLD OUT because they think faithful is one of my qualities or "going steady" one of my goals. and a four-door is misleading. u know what they say... no *ahem* 'woman' is as good as a new 'woman'

quick brain exercise: you are a cute woman mid 20's to early 30's receptionist at some business, more than likely sexually repressed... you realize you can get "amazing" or "faithful" in a man, but not both. ...and now a 25 yr oldish, handsome, possibly unattached male in a V-coupe pulls up and he's about to come inside. Oh look, he is NOT wearing a ring. you would like a piece of that more than not. think fast: which is he, amazing or faithful?

ok now same scenario, but he is in a four-door V (protip: you are a woman and you can't tell the difference between a V1 and V2)

(19 yr olds are great but they ask SO many QUESTIONS... questions about answers to other questions gahhh)

Aurora40
02-12-11, 10:30 AM
I'm also hung like a baby

I don't think that means what you think it means...

G2y8Sx4B2Sk

D3l7a3ch0
02-12-11, 01:18 PM
inconceivable?

CadzillaTN
02-12-11, 02:34 PM
My dealer is about a mile from my house. (convenient!) I stopped today and snapped a cell pic.

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y332/memphisctsv/IMAG0372.jpg

Houdini
02-12-11, 05:20 PM
I wish my dealer was a mile away and delivered the stuff in a ride like that... wait... what?

Aurora40
02-12-11, 09:32 PM
inconceivable?

You bragged about being hung like a baby. I don't think that expression means what you think it means.

D3l7a3ch0
02-12-11, 11:41 PM
You bragged about being hung like a baby. I don't think that expression means what you think it means.

I'm not as stupid as you think that I thought that you said that I was once.

http://i.imgur.com/xtmow.jpg

D3l7a3ch0
02-14-11, 12:48 AM
Oh nevermind.

thebigjimsho
02-14-11, 01:16 PM
Mid life crisis at 28?

D3l7a3ch0
02-14-11, 01:46 PM
quarter life crisis! complete with wikipedia article lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarter-life_crisis

WesH8398
02-15-11, 09:26 AM
For someone who considers one's self such a great catch, it seems like you try waaaay to hard. Look at all the 'chest puffing' and back patting you've done here just to 'impress' a bunch of dudes. One that considers his vehicle as such a large part of his "image", or even cares that much about his "image" at all, screams insecurity and other hidden issues to anyone that's paying any attention. You shouldn't have to TRY to give off a certain image. That's about as deep as a puddle on the street.
I'm not judging, just making an observation. And because I'm pretty sure you'll boil my observations down to me being a single, overweight, jealous loner with no 'game', I can assure you I'm not. I'm your age, attractive, well accomplished, in great shape, and I've been happily married for just over a year now. It sounds like you and I used to be very similar... Then I grew up.

Get the V2. That'll be the only thing about you that I'll be jealous of. ;)

Cheers.

D3l7a3ch0
02-15-11, 09:47 AM
doubt it, but i'm glad you got that off your chest.

WesH8398
02-15-11, 11:04 AM
doubt it, but i'm glad you got that off your chest.
You're just validating my observations. Don't worry, it's natural to get defensive.
Good thing you edited your original post. Must've really been burning you up.

D3l7a3ch0
02-15-11, 02:11 PM
Lol I tried to post 'too long didn't read' and it converted it to a blue running deer.

Disclaimer: But dude stop please. I don't mean to get anyone riled up and I'm just having fun here. Plus this is my thread. So. If you're serious and I repulse you, I don't know if anything I can say will help that. but I do hope you're joking. I don't wanna get banned for drama after I've paid to support this site.

If you had a V2 and were proud I'd only be happy for you, man.

D3l7a3ch0
02-15-11, 02:41 PM
I'm guilty as charged, man. Yah I'm immature and I have issues.

I also tried to make a marriage work--I was married for four years, and things were great until I left to re-enlist in the Army. So not only am I not able to 'be there', I'm immature I guess. It was a bit of a transition, but I decided to own the image of the bad boy, and I'm happier and more free than I've ever been.

And I was the faithful one.

For whatever reason, I'm just not that stable guy--but thats ok with me. I'm in love with myself and the Army and as long as I commit my life to it, it will always treat me right. It offers high adventure and new experiences. I'm convinced I couldn't be a married man again, even if I wanted to be.

But I'm great for short periods of time. And what's hard is making sure I don't see the same woman for too long or too often. Everything you probably value about your relationship, I do not have. So I wouldn't be jealous of me.

I'm guilty as charged. I have all those issues you listed, and more. But maybe... I am being insensitive by expecting my views to NOT affect others.

I gotta get back to work. Let's talk later

V-Guy
02-15-11, 03:26 PM
Somehow a Cadillac discussion has morphed into a self-therapy session. Worst thread ever. Later.

thebigjimsho
02-15-11, 04:34 PM
Can we spam here now?

D3l7a3ch0
02-15-11, 04:54 PM
Of all the 'net? That's an accomplishment!

I got sucked into it. I just can't tell if Wes is serious.

I tell the young Privates who are worried about their relationships that.. If they are serious, it might be time to have babies. Wrap your noggin around that one

Houdini
02-15-11, 09:51 PM
The army will always treat you right and your the baddest dude in the world....

I've learned a lot in this ghey thread.

GIANT FAIL!

kevm14
02-15-11, 11:05 PM
I've always found that if you are serious and have your life figured out, then enlisting is not for you. Army, Navy, whatever. It's made for 18 year olds out of high school who need to be told what to do. And after training, they are good at what they do. So that system works, at least.

Then again if you were married once, and aren't now, I can see how your goal might be to nail every piece that moves in your direction for the next 5 years.

D3l7a3ch0
02-15-11, 11:27 PM
hey so what kind of mpg is everyone getting, and why does my oil pressure warning keep going off

no it's true, I'm awesome--this is my theme song when I use the bathroom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf45I1ZI__w

CadzillaTN
02-16-11, 01:08 AM
Can we spam here now?

Post one was spam, so, yes.

D3l7a3ch0
02-16-11, 10:11 AM
Post one was spam, so, yes.

hahah OOOOH burned! git some, cadzilla

you said the magic word... SPAM! AHHHH

http://i.imgur.com/X7vFp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Lq7nE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vkaNy.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/V9lps.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/opyyR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/FA9z8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/29yr6.jpg

Aurora40
02-16-11, 11:41 AM
I've always found that if you are serious and have your life figured out, then enlisting is not for you. Army, Navy, whatever. It's made for 18 year olds out of high school who need to be told what to do. And after training, they are good at what they do. So that system works, at least.
Maybe you should think things around in your head a bit before you just commit them to writing.

D3l7a3ch0
02-16-11, 01:22 PM
/!\ SPAM /!\

lol I left it be, because the funny thing is, that's exactly why I joined... I wasn't serious nor did I have my life figured out. I just wanted to leave real quick-like. then I started enjoying it, found out I was good at it, and they pay you more for sticking around and making sure things run smoothly. From an outsider's perspective, such as kevm14's, the initial motivation to join is all they can see.

I think the Army is perfect for the thrill seeking, autodidact-types.

I've thought about whether I was discrediting the image... of a soldier... with my attitude and posting here, but I'm not sure I have. When I imagine a soldier, I see someone who spends a lot of time sweaty, dirty, in danger or physical pain. So I hope that my attitude is within... people's expected limits. I could be completely professional or not say anything on this board, and why I can't seem to do that for the life of me has crossed my mind--as well as whether I would catch heat at work for calling attention to myself here. But they would probably just tell me to stop. In fact, they know my screenname and if they care to (i'm not sure how often), they can google it and read all about what I've posted.

they know I'm a techie and that I... operate a little on the wilder side. I posted a Youtube video of myself doing something crazy once.

to lead the soldiers who are in the 18-24 yr-old age group, I've gotta not only understand them but show them I'm better and smarter about it as a result of my experience. Something to look forward to, or look up to. and driving an unusually nice car, like a CTS-V which they've played in video games... really helps. With my credibility, most of all, even if they will never talk to me. it's proof that, you know... it's possible to be enlisted in the Army and be responsible and have nice things WHILE having a good time.

but I'm not looking to rub anything in anyone's faces, or disturb anyone. I just... say things I think are funny, and I can be abrasive. It would be nice to know that at least someone gets me.

I just ask that I be given the chance to cool it, if I'm crossing a line, with a notification--I keep an eye out for one every time I log in.

kevm14
02-16-11, 09:08 PM
Maybe you should think things around in your head a bit before you just commit them to writing.

Well considering my line of work I based it on talking to those who have, or are currently enlisted. And it did fit the OP's personal situation. Does it describe everyone? No, I wasn't saying that. I also had a friend enlist in the Navy at the age of 28 and man did it work out poorly for him. But he was basically supporting himself from the age of 16, working full time. He thought it would have been a good opportunity to learn some skills, and also get out of some debt. Those recruiting officers sure can pitch.

I probably should have underscored the training part. I was talking to a Master Chief a week ago and he was saying some of today's enlisted have more education (like an MS degree) than some officers. Maybe I shouldn't have included the Army in my generalization, though I suspect there are a lot of similarities.

Also I think the OP is funny.

shadybx7
02-16-11, 10:33 PM
so what you two are saying is this is a new spam thread...

http://www.dragtimes.com/images/6906-1992-Ford-Taurus.jpg
no spam thread would be complete without a pic of jimmy :sho: and his old whip

D3l7a3ch0
02-17-11, 12:54 AM
u sure you wanna condone my behavior?

kev some of today's enlisted have more of a lot of things than some officers... hahaha

thebigjimsho
02-17-11, 12:53 PM
so what you two are saying is this is a new spam thread...

http://www.dragtimes.com/images/6906-1992-Ford-Taurus.jpg
no spam thread would be complete without a pic of jimmy :sho: and his old whip
You better still be in Florida, boy...

V-Guy
02-17-11, 01:43 PM
Someone should put this thread out of its misery.

D3l7a3ch0
02-17-11, 01:44 PM
http://184.72.239.143/mu/a6cd0b65-5e33-1ad5.jpg

From twenty minutes ago over lunch.

shadybx7
02-17-11, 01:44 PM
You better still be in Florida, boy...

indeeed sir.. deep on the pan handle and hopefully out of the way of your cross-country trips.

mberisha
02-17-11, 04:58 PM
http://184.72.239.143/mu/a6cd0b65-5e33-1ad5.jpg

From twenty minutes ago over lunch.

Nice.....very nice rides...and I see that all us GM owners love that fine BK cuisine!:yup:

mberisha
02-17-11, 05:00 PM
HAHAHhahh....I just noticed the AAFES "Mini Mall" sign......what base/post did you take that pic at?

D3l7a3ch0
02-17-11, 05:47 PM
Nice.....very nice rides...and I see that all us GM owners love that fine BK cuisine!:yup:

fast cars fast food? no, but there are other establishments in that building, as well as a military supply store and a barber shop. I picked up a turkey sub and a slice of pizza.

HAHAHhahh....I just noticed the AAFES "Mini Mall" sign......what base/post did you take that pic at?

msg me and I'll tell you all about it, but I'm in Texas so this is probably one of only two places. Fort Bliss doesn't count, I don't think it even has grass.

speaking of which, I recalled seeing an A-10 silhouette a while back and I went looking for it after work. It's on display near the Air Force area, and if I go back when nobody's around I could drive the V onto the grass, right up next to it... the pic would turn out a lot better if it was a thunder V. you'll see what I mean. Where's a F-117 display when you need one

CadzillaTN
02-17-11, 06:56 PM
? When will we get this pic? You may just add value after all.

ps- what are we gonna call you long term? Your screen name makes no sense and it's hard to remember, so I say we shorten it to 'drama'. Are you cool with that?

shadybx7
02-17-11, 07:13 PM
AND SO IT HAS BEEN SET :drama:
http://img1.tvloop.com/img/showpics/b9/e7/l33d684b90000_1_30012.jpg

i didn't know once we got over 1k in poasts we were allowed to bestow nicknames on newbs... :i like:

D3l7a3ch0
02-17-11, 08:40 PM
Hahaha.

I'm having friends 'over' in Texas this weekend, so it could be as late as next weekend when post is quiet again (with daylight).

If it was something I could pull off in 2 seconds, I would have tried this afternoon--but there are bushes, wires and small rocks in the way. It'll take a bit of doing. SOMEone would take issue with my activities, for sure.

"We're going to Dallas! We're going to Austin, we're going to San Antonio! We're going to Corpus Christi and Houston... PYAHHH!!"

CadzillaTN
02-17-11, 09:33 PM
here you go. get on in there D. I think you guys will get along fine

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/9938/6ed3e8f89b4d4819d108720.jpg

D3l7a3ch0
02-17-11, 11:51 PM
Wellll it looks like I'll beat my friends to DFW by an hour, is that long enough

Oh I get it lol

I suppose if the grove of hedges are spaced wide enough for me to squeeze through, it's not technically off-limits... ...right?

mberisha
02-18-11, 03:17 AM
fast cars fast food? no, but there are other establishments in that building, as well as a military supply store and a barber shop. I picked up a turkey sub and a slice of pizza.

msg me and I'll tell you all about it, but I'm in Texas so this is probably one of only two places. Fort Bliss doesn't count, I don't think it even has grass.

speaking of which, I recalled seeing an A-10 silhouette a while back and I went looking for it after work. It's on display near the Air Force area, and if I go back when nobody's around I could drive the V onto the grass, right up next to it... the pic would turn out a lot better if it was a thunder V. you'll see what I mean. Where's a F-117 display when you need one

Ahhhh......Lackland AFB/Brooks/Kelly/Camp Bullis....good 'ole San Antonio....gotcha! :lildevil: Love that Riverwalk....

D3l7a3ch0
02-18-11, 04:06 AM
Not a single one of those...

In Christi

http://184.72.239.143/mu/a6cd0ec5-a032-57ef.jpg

Not a plane... But better?

http://184.72.239.143/mu/a6cd0d8f-ec85-a18f.jpg

http://184.72.239.143/mu/a6cd0d8f-ed20-6180.jpg

And suddenly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDZFcDGpL4U

PS: Corpus Christi sucks

D3l7a3ch0
02-19-11, 02:23 PM
If you can't spot the discrepancy, you're not alone--neither could his hot ass girlfriend, apparently. Why do I even bother. Oh, wait, because I still have to drive it.

http://184.72.239.143/mu/a6cd0c28-0a6e-91f2.jpg

http://184.72.239.143/mu/a6cd0ca9-75e9-729d.jpg

We're in Austin at the Hyatt. Freaking pimp status.