: Tilt Steering Wheel

GeeVee
02-07-11, 11:55 PM
Is it me or does anyone else find the locking/unlocking device for the tilt steering wheel to be somewhat clunky? I`ve drove numerous cars with tilt steering and they all had lock systems that worked much smoother than my SRX. Otherwise I`m very happy with the car and trouble free.

GMJim
02-08-11, 09:36 AM
I find it "totally" clunky.
I found a setting that:
1) I can get my legs past, getting in, and out
2) is comfortable driving

And have left it there since day one.

wag 42
02-08-11, 10:37 AM
It really surprised me it wasn't a powered tilt/tele steering column. I thought at the price point, it should have been powered. It's better than the one that was on my Pontiac G8, but not much better.

stevec5375
02-08-11, 03:02 PM
I was also surprised to find that it didn't have the heated steering wheel either. I was given a 2009 model to drive over a weekend while they were securing my new 2010 and it had a heated steering wheel. I like that in the cold weather. Seems like features keep getting removed while the price goes up.

TheCaptain
02-08-11, 07:18 PM
I was surprised to see the SRX never got a power tilt and telescoping wheel as well. And i know a few, early build 2010's had the heated steering wheel. A friend has one that he pulled out of the states, and it has it. I don't know what the build date is though.

sube5186
02-09-11, 08:33 AM
Power tilt and telescoping wheel would be nice, if it actually remembered the memory settings. If it forgot the memory settings as often as the power seats do, thanks but no thanks.

Sube