: TO the Admins / Mods and Members why not an unsensored chat area

ThumperPup
02-07-11, 02:21 PM
to the Admins and Mod's not sure if this has ever been brought up but how about a unsensored chat area not unmoderated but unsesnsored
as in you can use luangage you want talk to others and talk things out or argue things out
not have to worry about being in trouble for the language u use or names you call
but if someone goes int here and posts they are agreeing to not complain when someone calls them a name or says something mean to them you are agreeing that you are ok with the rules of that area

that does not mean that you can threaten others and say im gona come over to your place and kick your but or im going to harm you nop thats where the mod's will come in and if you get that deep then you are breaking agreement
but just a place to hash things out without having to worry about being kicked off the forum for breaking rule or anything like that

just a thought maybe some of us would like this

EcSTSatic
02-07-11, 02:31 PM
What's the point? Why drag a respectable forum through the sewer?

ThumperPup
02-07-11, 02:40 PM
I don't think it would be dragging it threw
i have seen a few forums that do this
int he past im not sure if LVC still does it i think and old group Ohio Rides did it these are just forums i have been part of
im not saying to drag a good forum down that is not a option and never would be
but just to have it

OffThaHorseCEO
02-07-11, 02:53 PM
well what would end up happening is "arguments" in the chat would carry over into the forums. people would develop hard feelings to each other and the forum would become more tense overall i think.

you can always send the person a PM and say whatever the heck you wanna say, and itll keep it between you and that person instead of being out there for everyone to see

ThumperPup
02-07-11, 03:04 PM
well what would end up happening is "arguments" in the chat would carry over into the forums. people would develop hard feelings to each other and the forum would become more tense overall i think.

you can always send the person a PM and say whatever the heck you wanna say, and it'll keep it between you and that person instead of being out there for everyone to see

good points there
its just the problem with that is in a PM if you start calling ppl names or what some might think is bad rude or mean and they report you you still get in trouble
what im talking about is somewhere just to go and if you go in there you are consenting to not care about the fact that it is uncensored if you don't want to be flamed or anything like that then just don't go in there
i guess its hard to explain what i am saying
maybe some of you do understand it
i just thout it might be something that would work out

but guess maybe not such a great idea then

Playdrv4me
02-07-11, 05:18 PM
There is a separate forum for suggestions to the administration: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/site-news-feedback-questions-suggestions/

ThumperPup
02-07-11, 05:33 PM
There is a separate forum for suggestions to the administration: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/site-news-feedback-questions-suggestions/

ah cool k didn't see that maybe on of them will move this post in there rather then me just start another one and all

but also wanted to see that members saw this to who might not know about that area like me so thats good

drewsdeville
02-07-11, 09:34 PM
I agree, this idea is implemented on MANY forums and would be quite useful here. It would prevent those somewhat common threads become worthless after exploding to 10 pages long within an hour. Those are basically a chat between a few members that are online anyway, but the massive amounts of posts are probably pretty hard on the servers. The site is slow enough as it is.

ThumperPup
02-07-11, 09:52 PM
yeah i can see how it would slow down the server but not as mouch it is now if things get fixed i think it would be just fine
plus from the way things sound some dont want it or think we need it so im guessing those would be the folks who wouldnt enter into the posts there
i think its just a good thing

kind of like in my last school i went to we had a wall in the dorm we could wright and cuss and call ppl names if we felt the need to and we wouldnt get in trouble aslong as it was only being writen on the wall well its a good way to just have something as a outlet when it needs it

JimmyH
02-08-11, 01:59 PM
A shoutbox would slow down a busy site like this tremendously. I have suggested it once, before I understood how much of a hog a shoutbox is.

If you want to chat uncensored:

http://www.facebook.com

Lord Cadillac
02-09-11, 02:13 PM
I never install chat software because all too often important conversations happen in there, never to be seen again - and that's exactly the opposite of what forum communities like this are for. Past questions and answers can be searched here. Without a doubt we'd have people in there asking questions about why their vehicle isn't working properly - and the answers would be good for no one except for that one person who will likely never come back and share the answer with anyone else again. It just defeats the purpose of CadillacOwners.com...

Submariner409
02-09-11, 06:21 PM
???? How the devil did PupFromCleveland suddenly wind up with ThumperPup ????

Lord Cadillac
02-09-11, 06:25 PM
He's been asking for a username change. I just happened to get to it now...

Submariner409
02-09-11, 06:36 PM
He's banned, along with Destroyer, for getting into protracted pissing contests. Several of us tried to tone it down, but it was like typing into a brick wall. Got pretty nasty at the end - two days ago.

JimmyH
02-09-11, 06:49 PM
a new name didn't stop him from getting banned I see

Lord Cadillac
02-10-11, 02:37 AM
The name change was made after he was banned, actually...

ThumperPup
02-15-11, 01:46 AM
I never install chat software because all too often important conversations happen in there, never to be seen again - and that's exactly the opposite of what forum communities like this are for. Past questions and answers can be searched here. Without a doubt we'd have people in there asking questions about why their vehicle isn't working properly - and the answers would be good for no one except for that one person who will likely never come back and share the answer with anyone else again. It just defeats the purpose of CadillacOwners.com...

wasnt talking about a shout box or a chat room was tlaking about an actaul section of the forums to have just for threads and posts no live feed chating back and fourth just a section like say call it the unsesnsored lounge or something like that

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-15-11, 01:49 AM
Yeah, an "uncensored" chat area would develop into a lot of long term pissing matches that develop into grudges and tarnish the name and reputation of the forums. If you want "uncensored chat" just go onto Chatroulette.com

ThumperPup
02-15-11, 01:50 AM
a new name didn't stop him from getting banned I see

iv been asking for it for like over a year first one i think i asked was Rolex he said couldn't be doen then
i figured a few days before i got banned saw another topic on it and wanted it agian so talked to sal threw Email when my bogus ban vacation happened and he did it for me

all you gota do is know the right ones to ask if you want a name change and guess that that was Sal whos the nice one who didnt say it couldnt be doen

ThumperPup
02-15-11, 01:51 AM

sub just got to know who to suck up to i mean ask lol

ThumperPup
02-15-11, 01:53 AM
The name change was made after he was banned, actually...

yup and i apreciate it sal

hey sal is royal palm beach near west palm beach question

there is a chance i may be moving there this time next year if so god i feel bad for the area that i end up in lol

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-15-11, 01:54 AM
all you gota do is know the right ones to ask if you want a name change and guess that that was Sal whos the nice one who didnt say it couldnt be doen

No, Sal is the forum's creator, owner and main administrator. He can do anything on the site, including name changes. The supermods, Rolex and myself included, cannot change names no matter how nicely you "ask" us.

ThumperPup
02-15-11, 02:04 AM
No, Sal is the forum's creator, owner and main administrator. He can do anything on the site, including name changes. The supermods, Rolex and myself included, cannot change names no matter how nicely you "ask" us.

would have been nice to know that instead of just being told it cant be doen
im sure alot of others who might come to you asking like i did would like this info also
i told sal that i didnt care if it messed with my post count cause i knwo the software doesnt always like when you have higher post counts to change and all but i didnt care

Lord Cadillac
02-16-11, 02:53 PM
Yes, Royal Palm Beach is right next to West Palm Beach and is within Palm Beach County...

Let me know before you get here so I can leave.

Just kidding! :p

yup and i apreciate it sal

hey sal is royal palm beach near west palm beach question

there is a chance i may be moving there this time next year if so god i feel bad for the area that i end up in lol

jayoldschool
02-21-11, 08:14 PM

Perhaps the funniest post ever.

ThumperPup
02-21-11, 09:36 PM
Yes, Royal Palm Beach is right next to West Palm Beach and is within Palm Beach County...

Just kidding! :p

will do sal sure thing

wait better yet ill just show up on yoru door step and say howdy im here

actualy if things don't shape up and i don't find another job by the end of this year the plan is to head down south and
when mom heard i was thinking FL she said how about Boca or FT -L or West Palm beach area
i think she likes those best and if i where to head down there then she would have an excuse to visit with her friends by comming to see me lol

but this will be around Jan or febuary next year if i cant find work before then

i reall am tired of cashing in everyign i have worked for and also don't want to get into barrowing or anyting
just want to move and get a fresh start somewhere see how things go

ThumperPup
02-21-11, 09:37 PM
Perhaps the funniest post ever.

hey man be happy i cant get into canada or i might move near you lol

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-21-11, 09:58 PM
hey man be happy i cant get into canada or i might move near you lol

Oh this is golden. Why exactly can't you get into Canada?

ThumperPup
02-21-11, 10:24 PM
Oh this is golden. Why exactly can't you get into Canada?

to be honest with you i really don't know i have a immigration attorney that i have been talking to have been to 2 meetings in Detroit at the Key Center where the candian consulate is
and things seem to be moving a little smoother then they where at first

I have been in and out of Canada about half a dozen times my dad has a place in blue mountain trillium mountain area he has for skiing i used to go all the time no problems then one day after 9-11 i get of the plane and they look at my passport and they say we cant grant you access i asked why they sat me in a room and about 20 minute latter hey came back with a sheet asking all sorts of questions they said the reason they had me in the room with the glass berier between us and had another male officer frisk me was becuase of a charge i had when i was 16 having a folding nife that was not over state limit in ohio but it was folded and they trumped up a charge of concealment on it wich was latter expunged but Canada still considers it a violent crime i guess to even have a pocket nife on you or something so i guess they consider that to be a higher crime then we do here so they are afraid that i might come do something there but makes no sense because from the time i was 16-20 i had been there about a half dozen times and then all of a sudden the first time i fly in and don't drive they look at me funny

my layer thinks it has something to do with the fact i have so many pass port stamps and a lot of them are middle eastern country and think maybe i am not such a str8 up person but no one knows for sure other then them
so we are trying to get me a temporary resident visa witch will be a stamp they put on my passport that will grand me access as many times as i want untill it expires i think they are good for 2 years at a time

thats the reason i didnt go to jake for my head gasket

thebigjimsho
02-22-11, 06:58 PM
Well, you do aim guns at people for fun. Good call, Canada...

ThumperPup
02-22-11, 08:04 PM

but never loaded
and only at the ones that know i would never harm them im not crazy lol

but things seem to be moving along looks like perhaps come summer i will have my temperary resident permit

Ranger
02-22-11, 10:01 PM
Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post

but never loaded
and only at the ones that know i would never harm them im not crazy lol

It's always the "unloaded" gun that accidentally hurts, maims or kills your friend. No one ever called you crazy, just stupid. Guns are not toys and anyone who points one at someone they do not intend to kill is stupid.

ThumperPup
02-22-11, 10:08 PM
It's always the "unloaded" gun that accidentally hurts, maims or kills your friend. No one ever called you crazy, just stupid. Guns are not toys and anyone who points one at someone they do not intend to kill is stupid.

yes i admite im stupid at times
but not all the times

and belive me well dont if you dont want to
i know enough to know its the ones that are always not loaded that end up going off but
i also know enough to know that if you actualy take the time to check and know what our doing then you can be safe

all though i prefer the gun that i point at others and also others point at me to be loaded with paint balls when the weather permits

Submariner409
02-22-11, 10:35 PM
Pup, You know I'm retired Navy. What you don't know is that I was on the SubForceAtlantic pistol team for years. Just like Ranger and several other CF members, I KNOW and respect guns - both pistols and rifles - and will tell you here in open Forum: The ONLY time you point a weapon at another human is when you intend to kill them. You point a gun of any type at another human in jest or fun and that's plain stupid. Lots of children - children, not 18 year old drug kingpins - are dead just because of your careless attitude. Don't try to duck the issue with a "paint ball cover up". Your attitude stinks.

hueterm
02-22-11, 10:55 PM

+10,746,840.97

Dear sweet Mother Mary, are we back on this Pup pointing guns at people bit?

The Cliff Notes version is very simple:

1. Pointing guns at people is stupid (unless you are going to shoot and kill them in self defense, or the defense of others).

2. Pup points guns at people for fun.

3. Pup is stupid.

Class dismissed!

gdwriter
02-22-11, 11:08 PM
Pup, You know I'm retired Navy. What you don't know is that I was on the SubForceAtlantic pistol team for years. Just like Ranger and several other CF members, I KNOW and respect guns - both pistols and rifles - and will tell you here in open Forum: The ONLY time you point a weapon at another human is when you intend to kill them. You point a gun of any type at another human in jest or fun and that's plain stupid. Lots of children - children, not 18 year old drug kingpins - are dead just because of your careless attitude. Don't try to duck the issue with a "paint ball cover up". Your attitude stinks.Damn straight. Well said, Sub.

Rolex
02-23-11, 12:18 AM
:closed: