: Will Not Start - Think Fuel Pump?

startacus
09-29-04, 02:45 PM
It's a 94 Eldorado ETC with the Northstar that will not start!

The car died on me twice on the way home last night. Went to start, and it turns over, but no start. Even when I flood the gas pedal I still get nothing, and smell no gas. I have about 1/4 tank and was about to fuel up when it happened.

I pulled the codes and here they are - PO52 History, PO53 History, PO95 History, PO109 History.

Hopefully someone can give me direction other than taking it to the dealer. They're deplorable in this area - all one of them! Thanks..

Eldyfig
09-29-04, 11:58 PM
hmmm...de ja vu

BeelzeBob
09-30-04, 12:05 AM
Put a fuel pressure gauge on the schraeder valve fitting on the fuel rail and check the fuel pressure.

Spray some starting fluid into the throttle body (or into the intake thru the PCV vacuum fitting) and try starting the engine. If it starts off the fuel from the starting fluid and then dies it is a pretty good indication that the problem is lack of fuel and the fuel pump would be the logical thing to diagnose.....

startacus
09-30-04, 11:42 AM
Yeah - I put even more gas in the car, thinking maybe it was a gauge malfunction. Of course I couldn't get that lucky. I'll perform the fuel pressure test and will post what happens. Thanks for the input.