: 3.2l CTS Misfire Cylinder 1 3 5

cozmo1311
02-07-11, 02:30 AM
Alright so heres the deal. Have a 2004 CTS 3.2L Manual transmission Cadillac with 58,000 miles. On a cold day back in January My CTS started to flash its check engine light when idling. Great, so I hook up my OBDII reader and the codes are as follows
P0300, P0301, P0303, P0305
meaning Random Misfires on Cylinder 1 3 and 5

Conclusion= bad coil pack, or foiled spark plugs

What I did? I replaced the passenger side coil pack with a brand New AcDelco Oem coil pack for cylinders 1 3 5 and I replaced spark plugs with bosch 4 ground oem spark plugs.

Yet, still that the car shakes at idle and flashes the check engine light. Dam right

One more thing to add, when I was replacing spark plugs I found a few drops of oil in the spark plug cavity, and the old plugs where foiled. So I cleaned up as much oil as I could and put the new plugs in.

So what is wrong I ask? Bad compression, bad camshaft sensor, has anyone had similar problems?

Thanks

briggy
02-17-11, 01:06 PM
Alright so heres the deal. Have a 2004 CTS 3.2L Manual transmission Cadillac with 58,000 miles. On a cold day back in January My CTS started to flash its check engine light when idling. Great, so I hook up my OBDII reader and the codes are as follows
P0300, P0301, P0303, P0305
meaning Random Misfires on Cylinder 1 3 and 5

Conclusion= bad coil pack, or foiled spark plugs

What I did? I replaced the passenger side coil pack with a brand New AcDelco Oem coil pack for cylinders 1 3 5 and I replaced spark plugs with bosch 4 ground oem spark plugs.

Yet, still that the car shakes at idle and flashes the check engine light. Dam right

One more thing to add, when I was replacing spark plugs I found a few drops of oil in the spark plug cavity, and the old plugs where foiled. So I cleaned up as much oil as I could and put the new plugs in.

So what is wrong I ask? Bad compression, bad camshaft sensor, has anyone had similar problems?

Thanks

well, few things to note, it seems all your misfires are coming from the same bank. This would lead me to believe the fault isn't with the individual cylinders but perhaps something that all those cylinders have in common. In your case they are all on the same bank. So I doubt it's a individual coil, spark plug or injector issue. I would suggest you check the wiring for the injectors and coils on that side. Look for a possible poor ground or connector. I had a similar problem after a rebuild and it turned out I hadn't tightened the ground for the injector circuit properly. I suggest getting a jumper to a good ground then try closing the ground circuits individually or using an OHM meter. I'm willing to bet this may be your problem. There is also a fault code for bank 1 or 2 injector or ignition circuit fault so keep an eye out for this too.

Marty23
08-09-12, 09:59 PM
i had the same exact issue with my 2003 cts manual. My head gasket was blown and i replaced it myself to save a shit ton of money. do a compression test on all 3 cylinders and see what comes up. cylinder specs calls for 100- 130 psi