: so how much have you spent total

ThumperPup
02-06-11, 08:58 PM
so how much have you spent on your car totale not including purchase price oil changes or schedualed maintnace gas insurance

but how much total in repairs

since i have owned this cadillac id say total of about 14k in repairs
in 22 months

total on all cars i have owned in the last 15 years problaby spent about 30 grand on repairs and it takes the hat that half of that amount is just on one vehicle the other 16k is divided between 4 cars that i had never had under warranty or that warranty expired on

Sevillian273
02-06-11, 09:33 PM
On my Seville, about 2 grand but that also includes "mods". All work is DIY. I'm currently about $500 into my Thunderbird. I refuse to add up the receipts for the classic.

Submariner409
02-06-11, 10:03 PM
Pup, You're in way over your head and now you're posting about lower front suspension arms.

Either jack up the sunroof and run a new Seville under it or find a nice Crown Vic or Grand Marquis.

ThumperPup
02-06-11, 10:08 PM
Pup, You're in way over your head and now you're posting about lower front suspension arms.

Either jack up the sunroof and run a new Seville under it or find a nice Crown Vic or Grand Marquis.

i knew the ball joint needed to be doen but i figure ill go after a entire controle arm with it being old as it is and all
why not

u know yup i am in way over my head and im not going to let it go at all nope
even if all i do is fix this get it perfect then park it away then thats what ill do but not ive started and im gona finish lol

Jesda
02-06-11, 10:58 PM
I spent about 5 grand on the Saab last year bringing it back from the dead. I intend to spend about $500-$1000 this year (need to install the AC compressor I bought and buy a set of tires). So far I've put 10,000 miles on it.

The 1992 Q45 I bought in 2003 and sold in 2006 cost a little over 5 grand to keep on the road for about 40,000 miles. Not too bad I guess. Even with the $3600 I paid for the car, that's still cheaper than leasing a new Honda. I did a lot of the work on it myself (things like injectors, brakes, hoses, etc) since I lived at home and had access to a garage.

I keep spreadsheets for the cars I own for more than six months.

ThumperPup
02-06-11, 11:02 PM
spread sheets are cool

i jsut keep files all paper work evyering fixed also the vehicale cal app on iphone works cool i can add that in there every time and jsut email it to myself
dad made fun of how i keep paper work for each car i have and warranty infor for work and all
in my trunk where the spare tire would normaly be lol but no spare i know i problaby should get one

drewsdeville
02-07-11, 12:38 AM
I don't have actual organized records, just an envelope with all parts receipts that I'm not willing to take the time to add up right now. I'm estimating that I have $4-500 into my '90 since purchase in 2008, with the most expensive item being a new radiator (outside of regular maintenance like fluids, filters, ignition, brake pads and rotors).

ga_etc
02-07-11, 08:04 PM
Unexpected repairs on the Eldo in 2.5 years: Coolant tank, Torque Strut Mounts (dog bones), driver side window switch, fuel level sensor, and passenger side air blend door motor. $750 roughly.

The Roadmaster has needed nothing since purchase in September.

ThumperPup
02-07-11, 08:38 PM
dog bones ?

ga_etc
02-07-11, 08:43 PM
Torque Strut Mounts (dog bones). The aluminum bars with rubber bushing that are on the front of the motor on FWD N* cars.

ThumperPup
02-07-11, 08:46 PM
hmm ok i think i got it now i remmber seeing something up there before thanks