Cadillac Owners Forum banner

How do you know if car is xm ready

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Stepside 
#1 ·
Hi. Does anyone know if all 2005 CTS-Vs that have the DVD Nav also have XM or could you get the Nav without XM?
I am in the process of looking for a V and at quick glance, it's not clear. I believe from what I've read that the same antennae would be present on the rear roof weather you had XM radio or not.
Just wanted to be able to tell from a picture if it's there or not, as sometimes, with a dealer for sale car, they are unaware.

Thanks

#4 ·
:coffee: OnStar antenna is in the front windshield.
-------- XM antenna is on the roof.
-------- AM/FM antenna is in the rear window.
Metalized window tinting will attenuate your signal.
Your Owners Manual will explain.
:~fridge:
> Of course, you will need a subscription to activate XM,
or buy lifetime subscription for $500 - specific to that radio only.
> Hopefully, you'll have at least a 6.0 or newer version for the Nav disk.
:vulcan:

#7 ·
My recently purchased 06 has the antenna at the back of the roof, its the one that looks like a pencil sticking up on an angle. Newer ones are the "shark fin" type. My seller said "I never touched the radio at all." I got free XM for one week, then it shut off. I have a lifetime Sirius subscription-wonder if it can be transferred to an XM radio? Someone on Ebay is selling what he describes as "Sirius radio for CTS-V." Now I'm totally confused!

#8 ·
Only '04s had the stick antenna on the back.
Again, Read your owners manual. I tells you where the antennas are.
I have two lifetime subscriptions to both my cars.
XM radio subscription is for a (one) specific radio and is Not transferrable
to another radio unless your car is in accident and the radio becomes damanged.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.