Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Random Misfire, #7,#2????????????????

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Fernando259 
#1 ·
i seem to b having alot of problems with this 2005 V i bought a month ago, it was havin somewhat a rough idle and sounded like it was misfiring but not throwin any codes, so i changed the plugs and wires, but.... that only made it worse and made it start thrown a code, and started idling alot rougher, figured out it had a bad coilpack, #7, so replaced it, but didnt seem to help any, #7 misfires alot and #2 not as much, ive been lookin around at all the forums and it seems like a known issue with ls motors, but pretty much all ive got from them is that there a real B**** to diagnose, please if anybody knows anything about this help me out, its drvn me crzy tryn to figure it out, and if anybody lives near wichita, ks and knows of a GOOD mechanic that actually knows what their talking about when it comes to cts-v's, would also help, im tired of these retards at the dealerships not knowing S*** bout them

#3 ·
Hmmm, well you covered new plugs and new wires...So those arent the issue...

I feel you may have bad coils, try swapping the coils around and track the #2 &#7 original coils, if the problem follows them to the new cylinder then you found your issue...I would also look to clean your injectors...They may also be dirty causin you havok with idle and runnin at high rpm...

Just remember KIS everytime you do something

Keep It Simple, there is another S but its not really needed here...

G
#5 ·
What plugs and what wires did you install? These cars are not that hard to diagnose problems. It's a corvette drivetrain, take it to a place that is knowledgeable with corvettes. I actually agree with naf, try moving plugs and wires around, one at a time. Are there any mods done to your car? I would clean the maf sensor and maybe change the fuel filter also.

#6 ·
1. What did the plugs look like in the cylinders that were misfiring?
2. Did you check the wires with a DVM.
3. Quik-Tip . . Get an inductive timing light on the plug wires to the cylinders that are misfiring.
---------------- Pull the trigger and observe the light.
If you have experience with the flashing of the light, then you can tell if you have a problem.
If you do not have timing light experience, the hook the light up to a good cylinder,
watch the light flicker, then hook it up to a bad cylinder and see the difference.
And double check everything with the DVM.
And what they said above.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.