: Your future rental car.

Jesda
02-05-11, 05:39 PM
http://jesda.com/wp-content/gallery/chrysler200vert/01-2012-chrysler-200-convertible-leaked-shots.jpg

If you’re at an Enterprise counter in Hawaii and they’ve run out of Mustang convertibles, you’ll end up in one of these. That sums up how the Sebring (now known as the 200) manages to find a driver — an unfortunate twist of fate usually results in some poor sucker “ending up” in one.

The folks at Chrysler apparently forgot that when you drive a convertible, people can see you. It takes a bit of confidence to expose yourself to the public — a convertible announces your values, achievements, and sense of style to the world. Unfortunately, exposing yourself in a Sebring is no better than exposing your willy at Chuck E Cheese. Its tacky, gross, and causes decent people to cover their eyes and hide their children.

Moar pitchurrs: http://jesda.com/2011/02/05/next-years-rental-car-the-new-chrysler-200-convertible/

Jesda
02-05-11, 05:42 PM
Here's C&D's review of the sedan:
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/10q4/2011_chrysler_200-first_drive_review

orconn
02-05-11, 05:47 PM
http://jesda.com/wp-content/gallery/chrysler200vert/01-2012-chrysler-200-convertible-leaked-shots.jpg

If you’re at an Enterprise counter in Hawaii and they’ve run out of Mustang convertibles, you’ll end up in one of these. That sums up how the Sebring (now known as the 200) manages to find a driver — an unfortunate twist of fate usually results in some poor sucker “ending up” in one.

The folks at Chrysler apparently forgot that when you drive a convertible, people can see you. It takes a bit of confidence to expose yourself to the public — a convertible announces your values, achievements, and sense of style to the world. Unfortunately, exposing yourself in a Sebring is no better than exposing your willy at Chuck E Cheese. Its tacky, gross, and causes decent people to cover their eyes and hide their children.

Moar pitchurrs: http://jesda.com/2011/02/05/next-years-rental-car-the-new-chrysler-200-convertible/

Exposing your willy at Chucky Cheese's, now that really hits Chrysler below the belt!

EChas3
02-05-11, 05:52 PM
I'm not so sure...

I usually splurge on first-class accomidations (or nearly so) and rent one of the least expensive compact-to-mid-size cars I can find and not worry about driving like a tourist!

Then, when therental counter runs out of sh*tbox's that are the only rentals with a sensible price, I get to feel the glorious freedom of driving a topless car for next to nothing.

Sebrings are fun. I get upgrades about 30% of the time!

ben.gators
02-05-11, 06:02 PM
Does anyone have any information about sale statistics of Seb$%ring? I guess 99% of sebr**ings are sold to rental companies and the remaining are sold to some poor glueless people that have no idea what type of car they are getting!

===
Jesda: Once I posted a thread about Chevy HHR and therefore Google thought I am interested in HHRs and as a result for next couple of months there was a big giant advertisement for HHRs in any webpage I opened!!! That is why I am typing Seb%&ring here.... :D So be careful man, else you will see some Seb%$ring advertisement in any website you go! and you know how much painful it is.... :D

Jesda
02-05-11, 06:09 PM
http://jesda.com/wp-content/gallery/chrysler200vert/06-2012-chrysler-200-convertible-leaked-shots.jpg

In this picture I think they were trying to mimic Hyundai

ThumperPup
02-05-11, 06:19 PM
seebring has sucked ass over the years
i think best one was the 96-2003 or was it 04 i think

i have a 99 JX Base Model Convertible it was preaty decent for 200hp i think

Playdrv4me
02-05-11, 07:36 PM
At least this toned down the garish hideousness of the last one a little. The sedan still looks like ass with that ridiculous bubble roof.

drewsdeville
02-05-11, 11:43 PM
While the car does not look great:

When you consider past popular rental cars and the stigma associated with them, when is exposing yourself in a rental car ever an image booster anyway?

Jesda
02-06-11, 12:17 AM
While the car does not look great:

When you consider past popular rental cars and the stigma associated with them, when is exposing yourself in a rental car ever an image booster anyway?

Hertz offers a Corvette convertible and Volvo C70. Nice choices for island vacationing.

ga_etc
02-06-11, 03:40 AM
At least the convertible is decent with the top down. Much improved over the car it replaces. Still wouldn't buy one. I would drive it for a while if it was given to me though.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-06-11, 08:53 AM
Unfortunately, exposing yourself in a Sebring is no better than exposing your willy at Chuck E Cheese. Its tacky, gross, and causes decent people to cover their eyes and hide their children.

Yeah, but exposing yourself in a Sebring doesn't result in you getting a felony. It should though. :lol:

In all seriousness, the dealer I work at sold a used '09 Sebring Sedan a few weeks back. I had to clean it up for delivery. I forgotten how awful those things are! They're ugly, really poorly built with crappy materials, have uncomfortable seats and no power with the 2.4L I-4. I truly felt sorry for whoever bought that. We have dozens of better used Altimas, Optimas and other various midsized sedans that were way better than that thing.

Playdrv4me
02-06-11, 08:02 PM
Yeah, but exposing yourself in a Sebring doesn't result in you getting a felony. It should though. :lol:

In all seriousness, the dealer I work at sold a used '09 Sebring Sedan a few weeks back. I had to clean it up for delivery. I forgotten how awful those things are! They're ugly, really poorly built with crappy materials, have uncomfortable seats and no power with the 2.4L I-4. I truly felt sorry for whoever bought that. We have dozens of better used Altimas, Optimas and other various midsized sedans that were way better than that thing.

While the Escalade has been in for the transmission, they've given my brother other cars to drive. The first was a 2010 Avenger R/T, the even SHITTIER brother to the Sebring. Despite the "R/T" designation, this car was still equipped with that craptacular I4 motor, hard materials, and terrible build quality. The price of this shitbox with 18000 miles was $16,990. To my horror, they called him up with 3 days to bring the car back because they had SOLD it. 17000.00!!!! His replacement? The same car in gold, this time with no free Sirius. Keep in mind this is a BPG dealer, it isn't even a Chrysler store (got these from rental fleets).

ben.gators
02-06-11, 08:19 PM
^
Did you see the poor guy who purchased the car? I am very eager to know what type of people buy these %$#$%

Jesda
02-06-11, 08:52 PM
I bet its the same people who bought Mitsubishis at the turn of the century. Mitsu was building pure garbage over in Normal IL and using its finance arm to offer vehicles to young people with poor or no credit. In other words, Mitsu captured the customers who couldn't qualify for anything else. After several of them were unable to pay off their loans, Mitsubishi ran into trouble.

Destroyer
02-06-11, 09:56 PM
Am I little crazy for thinking that car isn't all that bad looking? Probably. I don't recall seeing the new ones around but it's likely they just dont catch my attention. Both in and out the car looks good for it's intended purpose IMO. I don't want one and will probably never buy one but I think it has garnered a bad reputation for no real good reason.

Jesda
02-06-11, 09:59 PM
I wouldn't say you're crazy. Its a huge upgrade inside and out over the current model.

hueterm
02-06-11, 10:06 PM
I'm with Destroyer on this...I'm sure it's a piece of crap, but it doesn't look like any more of a piece of crap than a Regal, Malibu, Fusion, Altima, or Camry. I think the only car of that size I'd consider would be an Accord...and I'd have to go on Prozac...

It's just a boring economy car. I'd rather have a low mileage 5 year old TC or DTS and roll the dice on repair costs...

77CDV
02-06-11, 10:41 PM
It's not bad looking, just utterly forgettable. That's a cardinal sin for any convertible.

nikon
02-07-11, 01:47 PM
Unfortunately on my honeymoon this past november they also ran out of mustangs in maui....it really is a crap car
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs136.ash2/40127_10150315335245114_573340113_15570055_3222233 _n.jpg

Whats worse was the miserable 6cyl (I think) trying to climb up the top of kahikinui ~6000ft msl. It may have had 20hp at the top of the mountain, wide open 2nd gear stuck at 30mph...ugh didn't make the same mistake again and got a nice 300c in oahu...really nice car.

gdwriter
02-07-11, 02:34 PM
I bet its the same people who bought Mitsubishis at the turn of the century. Mitsu was building pure garbage over in Normal IL and using its finance arm to offer vehicles to young people with poor or no credit. In other words, Mitsu captured the customers who couldn't qualify for anything else. After several of them were unable to pay off their loans, Mitsubishi ran into trouble.Well, that explains why my ex-wife drives a 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer. :histeric:

77CDV
02-07-11, 08:26 PM
I'm sensing slight traces of bitterness, Gary. :)

Jesda
02-08-11, 12:30 AM
The Lancer is slowly replacing the Cavalier and Grand Am as the meth manufacturer's chariots of choice.

gdwriter
02-08-11, 12:57 AM
I'm sensing slight traces of bitterness, Gary. :)No, not now that she's finally paying me what she owes from the divorce settlement — 5 1/2 years later.

I heard from mutual friends that she's getting married in April. As my friend put it, "I wish her well; I wish him luck."

Besides, I've got a terrific girlfriend who makes me happier than the ex ever did.

77CDV
02-08-11, 05:20 PM
Living well really is the best revenge. :thumbsup:

gdwriter
02-08-11, 11:11 PM
Living well really is the best revenge. :thumbsup:Exactly. Shortly after I bought Sabrina, I saw her car parked in front of my next door neighbor's house. Instead of pulling into the garage as usual, I left her in the driveway so the ex could see I had a new Cadillac.

77CDV
02-09-11, 03:53 PM
Instigator! :lol: