: 2000 DeVille A/C Malfunction

Jamjohnson2
02-05-11, 12:21 PM
I've recently had some audio work done (by Best Buy) to the Caddy. I don't think it's the cause of the problem, but now the AUTO function doesn't work on A/C. Also, air doesn't flow out of the upper portion. I could place the A/C in any spot and the defroster and feet always blow. Any help?

Submariner409
02-05-11, 02:50 PM
I've recently had some audio work done (by Best Buy) to the Caddy. I don't think it's the cause of the problem, but now the AUTO function doesn't work on A/C. Also, air doesn't flow out of the upper portion. I could place the A/C in any spot and the defroster and feet always blow. Any help?

Get any Diagnostic Trouble Codes from your car's built in code scanner/reader system. Use the sticky post ^^^ "How to pull codes". Study, practice, write them all down, noting whether each is Current or History, then return to the sticky to open the proper URL link for your year. That will take you to a Master Index of all P,B,C, and U trouble code definitions.

This may be a blend door actuator fault, and that will set trouble code(s).

00 Deville
02-05-11, 07:55 PM
A couple of questions for you...

When you first start the car do your here a rhythmic ticking sound that lasts for about 10 seconds coming from the area behind the radio?

With the HVAC fan on high.... press the up or down arrows on the switch labeled "Mode" on the HVAC panel is the airflow directed as commanded to the defrost then to the dash vents and then the floor vents or is it always stuck on one position. If it doesn't move do you here any ticking noises... like a stripped plastic gear coming from behind the radio?

Jamjohnson2
02-07-11, 01:05 AM
A couple of questions for you...

When you first start the car do your here a rhythmic ticking sound that lasts for about 10 seconds coming from the area behind the radio?

With the HVAC fan on high.... press the up or down arrows on the switch labeled "Mode" on the HVAC panel is the airflow directed as commanded to the defrost then to the dash vents and then the floor vents or is it always stuck on one position. If it doesn't move do you here any ticking noises... like a stripped plastic gear coming from behind the radio?

There is no ticking noise and it is always stuck in one position. I will pull codes tomorrow.