: 2011 srx vs. 2011 jeep gc overland?

caddydaddy2005
02-05-11, 12:07 PM
What's your opinion? Now I'm really confused!
The jeep is beautiful, and so is srx!

Smokin' SRX
02-05-11, 02:40 PM
2 Winners! The 2011 model (all new!) Jeep Grand Cherokee was designed when Mercedes Benz still owned Chrysler. It uses a uni-body (for first time I believe) and has many major MB improvements blended in. Many from the MB ML series, Sport Ute on sale now. Very similar to the new (uni-body) Dodge Durango also.

I know the Jeep trounces most Utes including SRX in OFF Road ability and I think with similar equip/options spec'd out is roughly same $$. Drive both extensively and weigh features.

I personally love the On-Star safety package and that is a factor for me Especially for 2011 (Onstar 9.0 model) which has the "slow-down stolen car" feature, Remote start/ door lock/fuel level/locate it (with horn/lights blasting), from anywhere in the world!! ( But some only from a Smart phone (Android or Iphone/ Blackberry for now) Handy at restaurants/games/concerts! And it's a 2-way dialog with the SRX!

There are a few features unavailable on the jeep I hear. EG........headlite washers, HID lites, Active suspension, daytime running lites (Ins. discount!) auto-headlites, 4 years all FREE maintenance, included 4years/50K bumper-to-bumper warranty, 5 years/100K miles engine & tranny warranty, all come to mind. Pls double-check me on these! I'm going by memory/articles I've read....not research. Some items may be available on the very top Limited model?

Good luck and I'm sure you'll make a good decision for you!

SS

GMJim
02-05-11, 04:53 PM
remember:
Jeep = Army

haha

TheCaptain
02-06-11, 11:55 PM
The SRX is beautiful... the Jeep is nice.

Do you want a highway star, that is captivating in looks? Or do you want a smart looking off roader?

C&C
02-07-11, 07:09 AM
The Jeep if you are going off road; the SRX if your forays offroad are non-existent (assuming you love both vehicles the same).

Dean5101
02-10-11, 02:24 PM
I love the SRX's ability to start the car from my phone, I do it at least every morning and every day I get out of work.

coolbeans
02-14-11, 12:29 AM
We were considering the GC Overland, you get cool things like "terrain select", and with the Hemi, you get air suspension which is adjustable from the center console from rock, to snow, or sand, even a setting to lower the jeep for freeway driving or to exit. But..after owning suv's for years that we didnt use off road all that much, we decided to go with the hottest/cool style and big luxury/performance/ride/etc. AND, the wife and I wanted to get back into a Cadillac again. We are SO happy with our SRX.

spencerk73
02-20-11, 05:13 PM
Jeep

b4z
02-20-11, 06:16 PM
Well, the SRX is a luxury vehicle but the Jeep is RWD based and probably is more rugged and offers a more powerful engine. It is also roomier. It is essentially a mercedes ML. Friend of mine just rented a V6 version and got 23mpg which is pretty good becuase the jeep has an old school 5 speed auto and weighs more than the SRX.

Nancy116
02-21-11, 12:56 AM
I went to the Philly Auto Show recently and narrowed it down to those two vehicles as well. One of the things I didn't like about the Jeep -- and this is picky -- the "running board" area of the door opening. Most luxury vehicles have a metal strip with logo there, and I think Jeep may have a logo as well -- HOWEVER, it has a fairly large section that's body-colored metal. I can just envision the scratches from getting in and out of the car. Isn't it weird the dumb stuff that bothers us when we look at cars?