: DIY for adding the factory fog light accessory kit.

bwclemons
02-03-11, 07:41 PM
I purchased the factory fog light kit from gmpartsdirect.com the part number is 19172867. The cost was $315.00 shipping was another $75.00 or so. Retail is $450.00. Activation of the fog lights to the car via GM tech link at the dealership was another $75.00 + tax. You will need to get the instructions printed from any GM dealer. It is document 2242151 “Front Fog Package Installation”.
It took me about three hours including lunch. Remove the front bumper using the bumper removal DIY first. Next replace the light switch in the cabin. First remove the side cover just inside the driver’s door with a putty knife or screwdriver. Be careful not to scratch the surface. It is held on by three clips and two hooks . The clips are pretty stiff. Open the front and then slide the cover toward you and it will come out. Reach your left hand in the opening and press the clip on the far side of the light box at the same time press on the top clip and push the side and top gently out until it pops out. Remove the harness and put the new one back in. Carefully slide the side cover with the two hooks into the slots they belong in and push the cover towards the front of the car until the clips are in place and close the cover. Done, 5mins. Next remove the bumper cover using the DIY. Place the bumper so you can remove the clips holding the old blank covers in place and remove them. Put the blind nuts on the bumper and screw the fogs in place. The adjustment screws go toward the bottom and inside. Pop the new covers on the front of the bumper. Make sure the clips are fully clipped onto the tabs or they could fall off. Remove the three bolts holding the driver’s side headlight and remove the headlight.
Now the hard part. Remove the battery cover. Four clips on the side of the cover and rotate the whole mass of wires and box cover over the front of the car. Remove the negative cable first. 10mm nut. Just loosen it and wiggle the clamp off and make sure it can’t make it’s way back to the post. Now remove the positive cable. Use the 13mm socket and do the same with the lead. Now squeeze the three clips on the fuse box next to the battery and remove the cover. Loosen the three 10mm bolts using a socket. Now you need to remove the fuse panel from the blocks below the fuses. There are six clips on the sides of the box. These are nearly impossible to get at once. I used three small screwdrivers on either side and pried up the center portion of the box with a large screwdriver then moved to the other side and did the same thing. If you have small pieces of aluminum or something to keep the tabs from closing that would help greatly. Not quite done. If you got lucky the fuse panel will come up and that’s it, if not you will have to pull on the cable bundle blocks and unscrew the bolts at the same time to get them to realese.
There are three blocks that go with the three bolts. After they are off you will see what I mean. Here is the last part. You need to take the block closest to the windshield and roll it over and modify the wiring. First cut the green and white wire as close to the block as possible. It is in the second row #17 hole. Its hard to count but you will see it. Strip about ” off the end and crimp the wire into the harness that came in the kit. Now use a lighter and shrink the tubing as much as possible. Don’t burn the wires. Next is look for hole number 31. It is the third row second to last. Look closely for the number 32 printed on the side of the hole in the last position. Once it is located pick up the end on the harness that goes into the hole. Look at the positions of the other connectors and make sure the one on the harness goes in the same direction. Now remove the gray clip that slides out of the block. It holds all the wires on that side of the block so be careful. Now slip the wire into hole 31, make sure it is seated and slide the gray clip back into the block. Use a tyrap and secure the wires together. Place the block back into its place and place the fuse panel back over the three blocks and press carefully down. The six clips may snap into place or you may have to start to screw the three bolts back into place. Be careful here so you don’t bend anything. Mine snapped into place first. Screw the bolts down, put to cover on and put the positive cable on first. Then the negative. Put the battery cover back on and that’s done. Route the harness around the fuse box and find the place shown for relay. Put the plastic clip in the hole and close. The negative wire goes inside where the headlight was. The terminal is the same one used for the headlight harness. It’s a 10mm nut. Route the harness down to the bumper and inside the bumper along the headlight harness and attach with your tyraps. Leave the ends hang down by the end of the bumper. If you are adding HID lights to your fogs now is the time. Put the headlight back in and bolt down. If you do want to add the HID lights use the pictures that “rtsittner” used in his thread. Basically fix the HID igniter box on the frame rail and wire it up. Put the bumper cover next to the car attach all the wires and put the cover back on.
Now go to the dealer and have them code your car. It should take them about 20 min. to do the coding which tech link does first on their side then they send the codes to your car via the internet and they then code your car. Now is a good time to have them update all the codes they can to the most recently released ones.
This sounds hard but it really is not if you are mechanically inclined. I have a lot of pictures but I can’t put them on the site because I’m using all the possible pictures on the other threads I’m running. I will be more than happy to send pictures of the procedure to an email address. Just PM me.
cheers

ickday1
02-03-11, 11:04 PM
Hmmmm. I think I'll just stay home when we have fog!

DarrinMI
02-04-11, 05:11 PM
I just had my oil changed and talked to my dealer about adding fog lights. They looked at me like I was crazy at first until I showed them the part number. They are suppose to get back to me about the cost of adding them to my SRX.

bwclemons
02-05-11, 09:06 AM
Let me know if you think you want to do this yourself. I would be happy to help you do the work. I'm probally only a half hour away.
Barron

algiorda
02-05-11, 12:47 PM
Great job explaining the installation and the photos. I would LOVE to install this in my X. I just don't think I have the patience to do it and also risk ruining my pristine new car.

Great Job!

poor00
02-18-11, 12:43 PM
can yo email the pictures Iam half way done and stuck on the fuse block thanks Bobby

birolziggi
02-19-11, 12:15 AM
arent they like 520$ installed at the dealership

dkmiller3356
02-19-11, 09:47 AM
I'll make sure I put in the fog lights right after performing this afternoon's heart-lung-liver transplant! Geez... I could never do anything like that. Very impressive.

bwclemons
02-22-11, 06:06 PM
Hope you got all the additional information you needed. Pic's on my Album.

ktlaw
04-20-11, 10:43 AM
Thank you VERY much for the install instructions, everything went perfectly just as you said. No problem what so ever,except..... there was no paperwork at all with the lights, I went to dealer to have them coded through tech link, the dealer ask me for the phone # for him to call to get the code? He said it came with the lights( again no paper work with lights),I don't have any of this information. He said he called tech link for code, they ask him for phone# ???? HELP.

TheCaptain
04-20-11, 11:42 PM
Hey here's a question for you guys with the add on foglights... when you turn them on, do you get the normal "fog lights" light on the dash?

bwclemons
04-21-11, 10:45 AM
Yes, because it is "THE" GM factory fog light accessary kit and GM Techlink does the coding. It's the same fogs you have only I did it myself. Now my car is a regesterd SRX with factory fog lights by the VIN number on the car. At the same time I did the fogs I did 55wt HID's and the lights are unbelieveable. The dealership guys thought they were really great.

bwclemons
04-21-11, 10:49 AM
Dear Ktlaw,
Have them look at GM document 2242151 "Front Fog Light Package Installation" on their computer it has all the information they need #49 page 14. The telephone number is 1-800-828-6860. The document is in their SRX accessary catalog.
It takes about 20 min. The dealership does nothing more than hook up the car. They don't do the coding. While your at it, have them upload all the current updates possible for your car. It's free while there coding. The fee should be $75.00. It's the normal GM fee.
The car VIN number goes onto the data base as a car with factory fog lights.

srx2012
10-22-11, 02:19 AM
Hey I just finished my fog lights and here is my scoop in case it helps.

I pretty much followed http://www.justanswer.com/cadillac/4g9wq-cadillac-srx-just-bought-fog-light-package-add.html

First bwclemons, awesome write up, I referred back to it a few t times. Actually if I had read it more carefully I could of save myself a bit of time :)

1) I did not remove the bumper instead went through the wheel wells to pop off the covers and put in the fog lights. At little work getting the further screw on but not to bad. See #3
2) The screws go from the back of the lights into the sliver nut/clips. That way if someone does happened to pop off the front covers they still can’t really get the screws out.
3) I later found for me to do the wring I would need to remove the bottom so I did. I removed the rubber piece and then the bottom. Many many screws. Note: You do not need to remove the rubber piece. Just remove the bottom and all of its screws. Just remove the button to begin with and then install the lights.
4) Remove the top covers in the engine and the rubber molding. It snaps in place so just move it one way or the other and it will come off.
5) (disconnect battery see #6)For the switch I popped out the entire switch cover with light and chipped the end of the plastic light tube. You can’t tell and it works just fine but still. Try it the way they say, just remove the side panel (which by the way is SUPER hard to get out, those clips are made for a gorilla to remove) and pop the switch out.
6) After you disconnect the negative and the positive from the battery (the wire which goes to the fuse box) and get the 3 screws loose and the 6 clips loose wiggle the entire thing up. I found I could not get it out… and finally after some head scratching found the 3 blots screw into the 3 wire holders/connectors. Hold the wire connector and unscrew the bolts even more and they entire thing will pull apart.
7) Put the fuse top to the side.
8) As bwclemons said the box closes to the windshield, the one the positive wire you took off goes to… that is the one, pic 17, white and green wire.
9) I did not use the crimp attachment it came with but instead just soldered the wires together and used 2 pieces of heat shrink tubing.
10) I had a heck of a time getting the pin from the wire set into hole 31… it just took forever. Make sure you put it in the same line as the rest of the pins.
11) Zip tie wires.
12) Sucks I can’t try them out until I get the programming… but the switch looks cool :)

bwclemons
10-24-11, 03:59 PM
Good job.
At least you can say you have factory fogs.
How long did it take you?

classiccars
10-24-11, 06:11 PM
I also installed my own factory fog lights. I then took it to the dealer to have the programming done. (I worked that programming deal into "new car" purchase price. Arm twisting.) So, I'm not sure what it would have cost to have them programmed. $112.00?

I have a question for both of you along with the others that had this fog light programming done. Does the "Fog Light" indicator light work on your instrument panel? According to the manual, there is a separate light the shows the fog lights. With my vehicle, the fog light indicator never comes on. When I push the center button to turn on the fog lights, the "Park Light" indicator then comes on. That's fine for the day time. But at night when the auto lights turn on along with Park Light indicator, I'm not sure if my fog lights are on or off. There is no change with any of the dash indicator lights when I turn the fog light on and off.

I think they didn't program my instrument panel computer correctly. Being it was at "No Charge", I'm not sure if I should get the vehicle back to them so they can have another look at it. (This was the first time the dealer had to program fog lights. No one knew what and how to do it.)

bwclemons
10-25-11, 08:59 AM
Yes, you should have a green light something like the normal running light indicator. The green fog indicator should always be on when the fogs are on. This is whether you are in auto mode or not, or even when your are using your DRL's. When you turn on your high beams the fog light indicator should go out then back on again when when the high's are off. Check visually if the fogs go out when auto light is on. They should stay on and the both the normal and fog green lights should be on. If what you say is true, the programing may be at fault or your wiring into the fuse box may be wrong.

srx2012
10-26-11, 12:02 AM
HERE IS THE SCOOP (some scoop) FOR 2012 AND FOG LIGHT PACKAGE.

I took it to a dealer (here in town) and after 40 min told me GM told them there is no code for the 2012 and it cannot be done. I called another dealer... they told me the same. I called GM customer service and after about 45 min on the phone the guy told me it CANNOT be done for the 2012.

I spoke to the dealer I bought the car from (much further away) and they said YES it can be done.

A bulletin was put out on Oct. 10, 2011 regarding this issue (he faxed it to me) saying that a program was now available for the 2012 and to restart selling the accessory kit. When I spoke to GM customer service and told them about the bulletin they could not find it.

WELL I JUST GOT MY CAR and my FOG LIGHTS WORK with the button! I can't say they are super bright and not sure they were worth the money and time but still they looks really cool. It cost me $129 to get them programmed and most of the day driving back and forth.

HOWEVER--- I also do not have a light in the console that turns on... at least at night. I will check tomorrow in daytime. The service guy is going to check for me tomorrow to see if there is a light which is to come on for the 2012.

bwclemons; it took me about 4-5 hours total... 10-15 extra mins because I took the rubber bottom off which you don't need to. 10-15 extra min because I could not get the fuse block apart (you have to make sure all 3 screws in the fuse box are FULLY out), and 10 extra min trying to get the pin into square 31... it just would not go in. I did not use the crimp thingy for the wire (wire 17) but instead soldered it together and used 2 pieces of quality heat shrink tubing.

Will let ya know what I find out tomorrow.

xchief
10-26-11, 07:18 AM
I have a 2012 Lux , had dealer add fog kit as part of sale, they do have the green indicator on dash that
comes on any time the fogs are on . Fogs go off when high beam is on. So yes there should be an indicator
in the dash with fog kit install program even on the 2012s.

I was wondering if there was a way for my dealer to program the fogs to come on whenever the auto headlights
come on (almost like a maintained switch) , Right now when headlights first come on , I have to push the button to also
turn the fogs on. No big deal but it would be nice not to have to remember to turn them on.

classiccars
10-26-11, 08:59 AM
srx2012, I'm interested to hear what you find out about the green indicator "Fog Light" on the dash from your dealer. (I have the same problem.)
Your story is about the same as mine. I originally had an appointment with my dealer to program the lights. They called and said that they were waiting for the upgraded software from GM and had to postpone the service. A week later they called and I got the vehicle into them. Three hours later, they had the lights working, but the "Fog Light" indicator on the dash.

bwclemons
10-26-11, 09:26 AM
This light problem sound a bit fishy to me. XChief, was yours a real early 2012? To me, it sounds like a coding problem. I hope they get it figured out. I don't beleive there is a way to code your car to have the fogs come on in auto mode. The fogs are supposed to be independent to the other lights. I'm wondering if there is a new installation manual and they changed something in the fuse block wiring.

xchief
10-26-11, 10:55 AM
My installation is working fine, car is 2 weeks old 2012 luxury. dash light works fine.
Green light on dash lights whenever fogs are on, along with other dash light which shows
low beams are on.

I just wish the fogs came on with auto headlights, I have to put fogs back on whenever you shut
car off and then restart. No big deal though...

srx2012
10-26-11, 11:20 AM
I sure hope they did not change the wire pinout... I would be surprised if they did. Nothing else seems to have changed for the 2012 and fog lights. If so it is gonna be more expensive to take it back and have it re-coded.... I will see if my service dealer will look up the install for the 2012 and see if they did change the pinout. I willkeep you posted on the results from the dealer and relay that others do in fact have the little light turn on in dash. Will see.... more to come.od

I to would like the option, xcheif, of "auto fog lights" but for now I just want the little green light to turn on :)

srx2012
10-26-11, 02:18 PM
Ok I figured this much out. Dealer still looking, but he did read me something that says a light is to come on.

The green light (to the left of the fuel gauge, the one with 2 circles and 3 little lines coming off of them, the low beam one) does come on.

Switch in automatic OFF. If I press the fog button I get the "green light" and fogs and white and yellow LEDs light plus DRL if in drive.
Switch in automatic ON. Same as above.

Switch in third position: The green light is on regardless if the fogs are on... so here you cannot tell if the fogs are on or off.

Switch in last position: Same as above.

However.... when it is night like last night when I got the car it is all different.
Night time when the car automatically turns headlights to full power the green lights is on... so again here you can't tell if fogs are on or off.

If this is correct it's dumb. You can tell when the DRL are on but when the main lights are on you don't have any feedback.

??? Are there spose to be 2 different lights, one for main lights, one for fog, like there are for main and high beam?
or do fogs and main share the same green light?

thanks

classiccars
10-26-11, 06:07 PM
Ok just noted the green "low beam " light does come on with the fog light button. In the guide I don't see a stand alone fog light. But if I am in auto mode I can't tell if they are on as the green "eyes" are both for main lights and fog Then. Check yours and see if it is the same. Can you confirm exactly which light comes on with fogs? Is it two lights... One for low beam, another for fogs.

My dash indicator lights are the same way, that is why I was asking the question. It is my understanding that there is a separate fog light indicator light on the dash. My 2012 manual show it being next to the High Beam light on the cluster.

Also, when all the cluster lights come on when I start the car, I don't see the fog light and/or the high beam indicator light, light up. That may be normal.

srx2012
10-27-11, 10:15 PM
I spoke to the dealer today... and he said that they can/should be able to make the "right" light work. I just gotta bring it back in and hope it is not a day event :) I also noted the fog light, " indicator lights" under the high beam light. Those are huge indicators on the dash lol. What I would like to have seen is a line that came on under the low beam light to indicate fogs are on... simple and to the point and "under" the main lights as they are ;)

When I also start the car (even before fogs) the high beam and fogs light never light up... in fact it took me a bit of time and right lighting to see those dash indicators. Will keep you posted... hope to go in next week.

classiccars
10-28-11, 09:03 AM
Thanks for tracking this problem down for me and the rest of the members that may have the same problem. If your dealer was able to get the correct fog light indicator working, please try to find out exactly what they had to do. If they had to reprogram the dash computer module, see what version of firmware/software they used. They could also just use a different procedure in programming/calibrate the module(s).
Any information you can gather will help me with my dealer when I take my vehicle back in.
Thanks

xchief
10-28-11, 10:23 AM
My dealer just did this last week and all is working fine , correct dash light on with fogs etc....
Dealership name is Royal Cadillac here in NJ - 973-538-5650
Service advisor was Rodger and I believe the tech was Mike.
Maybe your service advisor can call them to answer any questions.
Hope that helps

srx2012
11-01-11, 02:37 PM
Hey guys,

Just got back from the dealer and the fog light works. He (tech) told me that the one computer was not communicating with the other to tell it to turn on..... took about 20 min to get it linked together.

The fog light just under the high beam light (to the left as there seem to be 2 fog lights there) turns green when I turn them on. I also have the low beam light still turn on as (I assume) that is because the parking lights are also on.

All seems to work!

bwclemons
11-02-11, 09:31 AM
That's great. To bad it took two tries to get it right. The tech's need to take a little more time to make sure everything works before they release cars to customers.

srx2012
11-02-11, 04:34 PM
Totally agree, the extra visit could have been avoided. At least they got it working from the other 2 dealers which told me it could not be done. I'm happy.

bwclemons
11-20-11, 10:03 AM
Check out this thread also for more information and pictures http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/237884-adding-fog-lights-2010-2012-srx.html

inspectorudy
11-26-11, 07:55 PM
From what I can read on this site the effectiveness of the fog lights seems to be in question. Has anyone tested them against after market HID low beams and the OEM low beams with fogs? For the effort and expense it would have to make a big difference for me to put them in. From what I have read it is almost as much work to do the HID conversion as it is to do the fogs.

bwclemons
11-27-11, 10:04 AM
My opinion is; fogs help cover the area directly in front of the car and to both sides. Close in to the car, as you go further out towards where the lows are aimed, they don't do that much. It's best to add aftermarket HID's to both the fogs and the low beams to get the best out of the lighting system.

inspectorudy
11-27-11, 01:22 PM
Which HID did you install and can you show the process? BTW thank you for your info.

bwclemons
11-27-11, 07:14 PM
I used 55wt HID slim line kits by DDM tuning, look under HID kits on the site. The color was 4500k. The bulb type is H10. The rest of the information is in the links below along with pictures in photobucket. Some of the pictures don't apply but there are a lot of pictures reguarding both the installation of HID's in the headlights and for adding HID's to the fogs. If you have fogs already installed you can access the fog housings by taking off the wheel well liners and reaching in. Adding HID's to the fogs is plug and play. All you have to do is mount the ballasts with double faced tape or zip ties some place. I used the bumper support rails to mount mine.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/221224-aftermarket-hid-lights-base-luxury-models.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/221215-diy-removal-front-bumper-access-lights.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/221234-diy-adding-factory-fog-light-accessory.html
http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j372/bwclemons/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

beachcad
08-21-12, 11:02 AM
Check out this thread also for more information and pictures http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/237884-adding-fog-lights-2010-2012-srx.html

Thank you bwclemons!
I referred to your instructions and pictures and had a successful and problem free install of the fog light kit to my wife's 2012 SRX. Your help is greatly appreciated.

bwclemons
08-27-12, 09:34 AM
Glad it worked out for you. Good job.

rosco
02-03-13, 10:04 PM
Did you have to use the wire harness that came with the kit?I have the luxury model awd.The chevy dealer closes to me told me the wire harness is existing on the luxury model,but from what i have read on cadillac forums it is not.I purchased the light and the bezels,but i do not have that wiring harness.Can you tell me if i need it and where i can get it?Appreciate any help.

Thank-you

beachcad
02-04-13, 10:42 AM
Did you have to use the wire harness that came with the kit?I have the luxury model awd.The chevy dealer closes to me told me the wire harness is existing on the luxury model,but from what i have read on cadillac forums it is not.I purchased the light and the bezels,but i do not have that wiring harness.Can you tell me if i need it and where i can get it?Appreciate any help.

Thank-you

I purchased and installed the accessory fog light kit on my wife's 2012 luxury model. The wiring harness that came with the kit was most definitely needed and the biggest part of the installation. I suspect a dealer will be your only choice for getting the harness. If you bought a kit, it should have been included. You will need the replacement dash switch also, that has the button control for the fogs.

westham
08-09-13, 03:38 PM
Hi,
I have purchased the fog light kit from GM Accessory Outlet in New Orleans ($329.95 no tax & free FEDEX shipping to Los Angeles) I have just finished reading this thread and fear that this installation is far above may know-how so I asked the local Cadillac dealer for an installation price, he also said they had never done this instsallation before so I'm not so sure he is the right guy as he charges $123 per hour.
Does anyone know of a confident Auto Shop in the Los Angeles area who could undertake this installation on my 2010 SRX Luxury? I also wish to install 55w HID bulbs in the Fogs, and hi/lo beams, I read in this thread where these have been added to the Fogs and Low Beams, is there a problem installing them in the high beams?? Also will adding the HID conversion prior to getting the car "coded" at the dealer prove a problem when I do go to the dealer for codeing?
Very thankful for any advice.

Jusy had a call from the local Cadillac dealer about the estimate to install the GM Fog Light Kit and they said they would not do it!! Suggested I took it to a stereo shop down the street..........not impressed at all.

TheCaptain
08-10-13, 11:33 AM
55W in your fog lights is overkill. It is too much light with the wrong type of beam (open casing). You will just blind the h*ll out of other drivers and piss them off.

westham
08-10-13, 06:05 PM
55W in your fog lights is overkill. It is too much light with the wrong type of beam (open casing). You will just blind the h*ll out of other drivers and piss them off.

Thanks for the advice, going to install 35w fog and low beams.

westham
08-26-13, 10:54 PM
Hi,
I have purchased the fog light kit from GM Accessory Outlet in New Orleans ($329.95 no tax & free FEDEX shipping to Los Angeles) I have just finished reading this thread and fear that this installation is far above may know-how so I asked the local Cadillac dealer for an installation price, he also said they had never done this instsallation before so I'm not so sure he is the right guy as he charges $123 per hour.
Does anyone know of a confident Auto Shop in the Los Angeles area who could undertake this installation on my 2010 SRX Luxury? I also wish to install 55w HID bulbs in the Fogs, and hi/lo beams, I read in this thread where these have been added to the Fogs and Low Beams, is there a problem installing them in the high beams?? Also will adding the HID conversion prior to getting the car "coded" at the dealer prove a problem when I do go to the dealer for codeing?
Very thankful for any advice.

Jusy had a call from the local Cadillac dealer about the estimate to install the GM Fog Light Kit and they said they would not do it!! Suggested I took it to a stereo shop down the street..........not impressed at all.

Just to continue this, I had the fogs installed with a hid conversion with both the fogs and the running lights\low beams, the hid running lights/low beams work well, I now had to go to the dealer and have the fogs calibrated/programmed with the tec on the phone getting instructions from Gm, the dealer had no idea what I was talking about so I faxed him the installation instructions I had printed from this forum (thanks to the poster) eventually the dealer said they had never done this but would give it a go.
Apparently They needed a code which should have come with the GM light kit, as no code had been in the kit the tec used the code from a set they had in stock, all was well or so we thought, the switch worked as the tell tale was on with the dash along with the daytime running lights as the car was running, however the fogs did not light, the tec showed me his computer which indicated everything his side was good and he figures the problem was with the wiring, I paid the dealership $123.00 (the hourly rate)
I contacted the installer who put the fogs in and he said he very much doubted it was the problem but he would take a look, when I left the dealership I noticed my regular daytime running light dash telltale (the lights are always on auto) did not light as normal but it did light along with the fog dash telltale when the fog switch button was pressed. Has anyone got any ideas before I get caught in between the installer and the dealer blaming each other and I never see these fogs work? I just have a gut feeling that it is the dealership that has the problem as they originally said they did not want to install the kit and then had no knowledge of programming the fogs and have never done it before.
All advice greatly accepted.

dbair07
08-27-13, 11:46 AM
I had the dealership install them for $700 installed. Let the dealership do it. It retains your warranty. If you want to take the risk and do it yourself the chances of something going wrong are high. Pay a little extra to have the piece of mind.

Once installed everything looks factory. The button, light on the dash etc.

westham
08-27-13, 12:07 PM
This I would have done but the dealership said they had not done it before and after I asked them for an estimate they said they could not give me a price as they did not want to do it and suggested I took my car and GM Fog Light Kit elsewhere which I did. The daytime running light is now visible again so I will return to the installer and see what if anything there is wrong with the wireing.

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-27-13, 02:22 PM
Just to continue this, I had the fogs installed with a hid conversion with both the fogs and the running lights\low beams, the hid running lights/low beams work well, I now had to go to the dealer and have the fogs calibrated/programmed with the tec on the phone getting instructions from Gm, the dealer had no idea what I was talking about so I faxed him the installation instructions I had printed from this forum (thanks to the poster) eventually the dealer said they had never done this but would give it a go.
Apparently They needed a code which should have come with the GM light kit, as no code had been in the kit the tec used the code from a set they had in stock, all was well or so we thought, the switch worked as the tell tale was on with the dash along with the daytime running lights as the car was running, however the fogs did not light, the tec showed me his computer which indicated everything his side was good and he figures the problem was with the wiring, I paid the dealership $123.00 (the hourly rate)
I contacted the installer who put the fogs in and he said he very much doubted it was the problem but he would take a look, when I left the dealership I noticed my regular daytime running light dash telltale (the lights are always on auto) did not light as normal but it did light along with the fog dash telltale when the fog switch button was pressed. Has anyone got any ideas before I get caught in between the installer and the dealer blaming each other and I never see these fogs work? I just have a gut feeling that it is the dealership that has the problem as they originally said they did not want to install the kit and then had no knowledge of programming the fogs and have never done it before.
All advice greatly accepted.

Hello westham,

I am sorry for the trouble it seems you are going through with the dealer and installing the fog lights. If you would like to further discuss this with me, please let me know and reach out via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care