: Lloyd Mats

383 LT1 SS
02-03-11, 11:04 AM
I am interested in getting a set of Lloyd Mats for summer time use. I see that they come in 3 different flavors velourtex, ultimat & luxe. Which set seems to be the favorite among the forum members?

Thanks,
383 LT1 SS

Kenwood
02-04-11, 12:55 PM
Actually, I was considering the same thing. Would love to hear any input. Guys?

c5 rv
02-04-11, 06:53 PM
I had Lloyd mats in my 02 Vette and 04 CTS and I really liked them. However, that was before they had 3-4 different types of carpeted mats. I'm also interested in reading about folks' experience with the current generation Lloyd mats. Lexus is no longer offering winter mats for the LS430 (nor does anyone else provide custom-fit winter mats for the car), so I'm using my OEM carpeted mats for winter this year. New Lloyd or Lexus carpeted mats will go in the car for summer.

TulsaVic
02-05-11, 03:12 PM
Bought mine in 2008 and got the "standard" quality. Extremely pleased with them. At the same time I bought the trunk mat, which at the time you could get in the same color/colors as the cabin mats (apparently now they only come in black. I picked burgundy to match the car's dark cherry). The trunk mat is a perfect cutout for the trunk. No slippin' or slidin'.

c5 rv
02-05-11, 03:22 PM
My vette was a coupe, black with a bright red interior. After a while, the red was a bit overwhelming. I put in black Lloyd floor and cargo mats which toned down the interior quite a bit.

NCDTS
02-05-11, 09:02 PM
I purchased the Ultimats for my 2009 DTS, and have been very pleased with them. They are larger than the factory mats and definitely more plush. They fit well and the holes for the driver’s mat aligned perfectly.

Lev Blekher
02-11-11, 01:07 AM
Anything with velour is my favorite by default. After reviewing their website, Lux seems the best for our purposes. (Maximum opulence).

c5 rv
03-19-11, 12:25 PM
I am interested in getting a set of Lloyd Mats for summer time use. I see that they come in 3 different flavors velourtex, ultimat & luxe. Which set seems to be the favorite among the forum members?

Thanks,
383 LT1 SS

What did you end up buying? I'm shopping for summer mats for my Lexus now.

383 LT1 SS
03-21-11, 08:38 AM
What did you end up buying? I'm shopping for summer mats for my Lexus now.

I ended up going with the GM upgrade mats. I have a local GM dealer who gave me a better deal. I realize this won't help you with your Lexus mats. I do like the mats that I purchased though.

383 LT1 SS

c5 rv
03-21-11, 07:44 PM
For the Lexus LS430, some folks are opting for the factory premium mats for the newer LS460 - which are a bit smaller but very plush with a metal Lexus badge. I will probably opt for the Lloyd Luxe mats as I want full coverage, don't care for the badge, and don't care to pay over $300 for the Lexus set.

Kenwood
03-22-11, 01:33 PM
Hi all,
I just ordered a 4 pc set of Lloyds Ultimats from CarID. I went with the Ultimats over the Luxe for a couple reasons. First, although I like the idea of extra thick mats, I was concerned that they might be too thick and harder to clean and vaccum, plus, I never drive barefoot, so the extra 3/16" might not be that noticable. I'm also wondering if they'd interfere with the gas pedal. The other reason is what really made me decide on the Ultimats: you can get the Caddy logo AND the "Cadillac" script on the Ultimats. With the Luxe mats, you can only get the Wreath and Crest, no "Cadillac" script.

CarID has them at the best price I've seen, about 10% cheaper than everyone else, free shipping, no sales tax, plus as a bonus, I found a 7% coupon code that knocked another $15 off. I got a set of 4 with logos and scripts on all 4 mats for $201.63.

CTS-Vluvr
03-22-11, 04:11 PM
I just installed a custom set of Lloyd Ultimats in my V. I ordered the ebony with black vinyl binding and the V logo on the front and back seat mats. They really make a difference compared to the boring stock mats and I think Cadillac should offer something like them as an option if they do not already. I purchased mine from Afterthoughts Auto and had them shipped for a grand total of $173. Here are some pics! Actually, I just tried to post some pics I have on imageshack.com and I was told I need to have 5 posts and that I only have 1, which is wrong so...

hazcaddy
03-31-11, 10:57 AM
Hi all,
I just ordered a 4 pc set of Lloyds Ultimats from CarID. I went with the Ultimats over the Luxe .

@Kenwood:

Did you get your mats and are you pleased with them?

Kenwood
03-31-11, 04:09 PM
@Kenwood:

Did you get your mats and are you pleased with them?

Hi hazcaddy,
They're on the UPS truck and headed my way! I'll report in after the weekend. Wish me luck!

Jesda
04-03-11, 07:16 PM
I just got the cheapest mats they make for my Saab. They were thin and light but thanks to their rubber backing, they stay in place very nicely. And they're shaped perfectly!

Kenwood
04-11-11, 12:59 PM
Gentlemen (and kind ladies),
Just to update those of you who inquired, I got my new Lloyd mats last week and I'm pretty happy with them. Actual shipment took a couple days longer than I had hoped, but maybe that was because of a weekend sandwiched in there. Also, it's possible that mine were freshly made, not just hanging on a shelf in a dusty warehouse waiting for someone to order them in the configuration that I did. Delivery was quick via Fed Ex who brought them a day earlier than expected, so that was a pleasant surprise. Shipping was free.

The mats came nicely boxed in a flat box presumably designed just for this purpose, rather than folded or rolled into whatever box they might, sorta, kinda would fit in. They came with some manufacturing tags on them, one of which indicated numerous inspections. While I don't think NASA-trained engineers were involved, at least a few people had to look at them and say, "yeah, this looks right."

Lloyd offers many color choices and I'm glad I went with the ebony color instead of black because I think they match the car's carpet color better, which is more of a charcoal gray than true black. I believe the black mats would have stood out more, which isn't the look that I would have wanted.

I haven't had much time to abuse them, so I can't vouch for durability yet, but I really like the Cadillac logos and script on all 4 mats. Very nice, bright threads that spruce up the interior a little bit by adding some color in the otherwise black (er..."ebony" specifically) interior. The stitching and thread quality all looks excellent. No remnant threads sticking up nor any leftover threads clinging on anywhere.

I have two small gripes. The first is that the texture, or the "pile" of the carpeting doesn't quite match the carpeting of the car. Then again, the mats are thicker and more plush, so who am I really disappointed in here?

The second is that the rubber backing on the mats don't have the little rubber spikes that you see on some mats. While the backs are made of a soft rubber, I'd prefer those little spikes to better grab into the carpeting.

The drivers mat does have the proper "O" rings to accommodate the factory hooks and all four mats fit very nice and snugly into their locations.

I'm now considering getting the trunk mat.

I'll try to get some pictures soon so you can see them. Feel free to ask any questions and have a luxurious day,

Kenwood

c5 rv
04-11-11, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the update. I just received notification that the Lloyd luxe mats for my Lexus have shipped. I also debated between black and ebony, but decided on black. I'll see how it matches.

hazcaddy
04-11-11, 05:07 PM
I'm glad I went with the ebony color instead of black because I think they match the car's carpet color better

I think that if I went with these, I'd choose a slightly darker gray than my current extremely light gray, which shows up absolutely anything in the way of dirty marks.

the rubber backing on the mats don't have the little rubber spikes that you see on some mats. While the backs are made of a soft rubber, I'd prefer those little spikes to better grab into the carpeting.

That makes one wonder why someone hasn't come up with 2-way spikes: something about the size of a quarter with very short spikes top and bottom - you could then put a few of these under the mat. Please let us know if there is any "slippage & slide-age".

I'm now considering getting the trunk mat.

Don't you find that the standard rubber Cadillac-logo'd trunk mat keeps the floor of the trunk safe from spills and other debris?

c5 rv
04-13-11, 09:40 PM
Updated:

The black luxe mats arrived:

- The fit is perfect. They fit closer to all edges than the stock mats. The rear mats are not interchangeable.

- The black is really deep black and looks blacker than my 6 year old black interior. I suspect that within a couple of months of use and vacuuming, the match will be fine.

- Speaking of deep - the pile of the luxe mats is VERY deep. Not shag, but way more pile than one would expect in a floor mat. Maybe too much.

Kenwood
04-14-11, 03:50 PM
[/QUOTE] Don't you find that the standard rubber Cadillac-logo'd trunk mat keeps the floor of the trunk safe from spills and other debris?[/QUOTE]

It does do a fine job, but the point of these Lloyd mats is that they reach all the edges and contours of the trunk (or footwells in the case of the floormats). The standard mat doesn't cover the entire area.

hazcaddy
05-09-11, 08:37 PM
Well thanks to y'all's input, and Kenwood's good experiences, I went and ordered Lloyd front mats for my DTS from CarID. I must admit, their Customer Service was outstanding. They expedited my order to meet my and my car being in Baltimore next week, and I hope to be able to tell you from there that a) they arrived at my hotel in time and b) they're everything I want them to be.

Saves Canadian duties, taxes, etc. when you're away from the country long enough to qualify for the Allowances.

Stay tuned...

quebec#1
05-09-11, 09:06 PM
Bought these for my DTS i Wanted black or ebony mats for my beige interior figured at least i wont see the dirt as much and also think the contrast will look good . A big plus is shipping usps for canadians..
http://cgi.ebay.ca/2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-Cadillac-DTS-Floor-Mats-Ebony-/160577470944?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ACadillac%7CModel%3ADTS%7CYear%3A2006&hash=item256329c1e0

hazcaddy
05-25-11, 01:09 PM
Well, the Ultimats were waiting for me in my Baltimore hotel, and look very nice. They are a hair darker than the Titanium interior of my car, but quite a bit lighter than you would think from the website. A couple of surprises: they are quite a bit lighter than the standard GM mats, I guess because of no rubber spikey backs, and the Cadillac logo is recessed almost the entire pile depth. I don't know what I was expecting, and I guess this is the way it has to be, but I am wondering whether the recess will act as a dirt-collector. Anyone have any experience re that?

BTW 900 miles including PA Appalachian roads - 25 mpg average. Not bad.