: 2011 srx dvd option?

caddydaddy2005
02-02-11, 10:59 PM
if you get the dvd option for the rear, does the dvd paly in the front as well as you drive?

and second if you dont get rear dvd option can you still play dvd in front?...

thanks guys!

drjdan
02-02-11, 11:56 PM
Does not play video in front in either situation if you are moving.

sube5186
02-03-11, 11:57 AM
Just wanted to clarify. It does play DVD on the front screen when in "Park". It's illegal (as well as just plain stupid) to watch movies while driving. You don't need the rear entertainment system for it to do this. However, with the RES you'll have dual tuners. This allows the rear seat passengers to listen to a different "Source" than the front passengers. E.g. You can listen to XM in the front while rear seat passengers listen to the HDD or you could listen to the USB while rear seat passengers watch a DVD. Of course, they'd need to use either plug-in earphones or the included wireless headphones. You'll be able to find a solution that will keep everyone happy. :bouncy:

Sube

stevec5375
02-03-11, 01:54 PM
Just wanted to clarify. It does play DVD on the front screen when in "Park". It's illegal (as well as just plain stupid) to watch movies while driving. You don't need the rear entertainment system for it to do this. However, with the RES you'll have dual tuners. This allows the rear seat passengers to listen to a different "Source" than the front passengers. E.g. You can listen to XM in the front while rear seat passengers listen to the HDD or you could listen to the USB while rear seat passengers watch a DVD. Of course, they'd need to use either plug-in earphones or the included wireless headphones. You'll be able to find a solution that will keep everyone happy. :bouncy:

Sube

Well shucks. I was hoping to watch my new training DVD, "How to improve cell phone texting while driving", on my way to work and back. :histeric:

sube5186
02-03-11, 09:32 PM
Well shucks. I was hoping to watch my new training DVD, "How to improve cell phone texting while driving", on my way to work and back. :histeric:

LOL! Steve, I know you have better sense. But you'd be surprised at some of the idiots out there. This is becoming so prevalent it's scary. I make everybody I know watch this video. It's pretty sobering. Good viewing and should be mandatory for teens.

Click the 720HD viewing option.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DebhWD6ljZs

Sube

caddydaddy2005
02-04-11, 12:46 AM
thanks guys, was not intending on watching a dvd while driving.....but i appreciate the look out!....just was curious as i would think its distracting!.....thank you.