Cadillac Owners Forum banner

motor mounts????

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Fernando259 
#1 ·
i just bought an '05 V a month ago, n im havin a problem with it shakin real bad when i turn it off, and also when im shifting its like a clunk when i let the load off the clutch, i took it in to the dealer and they told me the mounts were fine it was just the rear differential front bushing, they said the mounts were fine, yet they couldnt explain y its shakes so bad when at shutdown, and mostly everyone keeps telling the mounts r shot.......... any help appreciated, thnx

#2 ·
The OEM motor mounts are liquid filled. When they fail there are telltale signs of leakage although you probably have to get a close look to find that leakage since the liquid is thick and does not travel far.

A worn differential bushing causes play in the drive train but should not affect shut-down.

The only engine related issue that can cause a rough shut down on a fuel injected engine is a leaky fuel injector (keeps flowing even though the ignition switch is turned off), which is relatively rare.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.