: Finally found the classified section in the forum?

crankedupforit
02-02-11, 10:46 AM
Didn't know we had one anymore. Can we move it to a more convenient spot?

Andringa
02-02-11, 10:54 AM
There still is a classified section for CTS-V stuff. Unless you are talking about something from before I joined these links should help you find it.

Main 04-07 CTS-V link with all sections (General, Performance, Appearance, Classified)
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/

Direct link to classified section.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/g23-cadillac-cts-vs-for-sale.html

BTW: What part of Wisconsin are you in? I'm just north of Eau Claire.

AAIIIC
02-02-11, 11:26 AM
Isn't it in the same place it was always listed? It's listed as one of the sub-forums for the CTS-V section, which is where it was before (as far as I can recall).

Now, I'm all for changing the format of the Classifieds, so that it could just be normal threads instead of the cumbersome ad format it is now.

repenttokyo
02-02-11, 11:44 AM
what's inconvenient about it?

crankedupforit
02-02-11, 01:55 PM
I'm just snarky today because my driveway looks like a glacier. 5 foot drift at my front door. So much for God's country.

I thought the old classifieds were up top like the sticky threads in the General forum. Just one more place to navigate on a sometimes painfully slow forum to begin with.
The classifieds hold a fair amount of V2 cars and items. Yet the classifieds are in the 2004-2007 menu.

rand49er
02-02-11, 02:45 PM
"Snarky?" Must be catching, 'cause I don't like the classifieds either. Seems like it used to be much easier.

Just checked and someone replied to my TPS ad. Heck, I didn't know and hadn't checked. Wish there was some kind of alert sent to me when someone posted on your ad(s).

Snarky? Guilty as charged. :alchi:

crankedupforit
02-02-11, 03:32 PM
Snark has been known to be contagious. Especially in the winter. Some people are chronically snarky. Except you and me Randy.

crankedupforit
02-02-11, 04:04 PM
There still is a classified section for CTS-V stuff. Unless you are talking about something from before I joined these links should help you find it.

Main 04-07 CTS-V link with all sections (General, Performance, Appearance, Classified)
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/

Direct link to classified section.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/g23-cadillac-cts-vs-for-sale.html

BTW: What part of Wisconsin are you in? I'm just north of Eau Claire.

I'm right on the border in Kenosha county about 15 miles east of Lake Geneva.

WesH8398
02-02-11, 07:14 PM
Agreed that the classified's format is pretty bad. If it were formatted just the same as the rest of the forum, I think it would be a lot easier to navigate and would probably be used a lot more. I see an awful lot of members from here who post things in the "other" forum's classifieds, but not here. There's a reason for that...

CancerJCC
02-03-11, 02:05 PM
Agreed that the classified's format is pretty bad. If it were formatted just the same as the rest of the forum, I think it would be a lot easier to navigate and would probably be used a lot more. I see an awful lot of members from here who post things in the "other" forum's classifieds, but not here. There's a reason for that...

You have got that right. Back when the update was going on my ipod interface (USA SPEC VETTE) ending up selling for peanuts on ebay because of the classifieds being down. I had a lot of interest on here but no way to access my ad not to mention I would have much rather given it away to a member than some random on ebay....

I want restitution CF! :mad:

CadzillaTN
02-03-11, 07:33 PM
Another pain point with the classifieds is that they don't purge the sold stuff, or at least sort by putting what hasn't sold at the top of the display results.

AAIIIC
03-05-11, 12:25 PM
Another pain point with the classifieds is that they don't purge the sold stuff, or at least sort by putting what hasn't sold at the top of the display results.
Agreed. It's nice to have some record of what has sold in the past and what the asking prices were, but having those sold items mixed in with active ads just seems stupid.

Agreed that the classified's format is pretty bad. If it were formatted just the same as the rest of the forum, I think it would be a lot easier to navigate and would probably be used a lot more.
One of the Subaru forums I visit used to have the Classifieds section set up the same way as this site. As of a couple of years ago they shifted their Classifieds to just being a normal sub-forum instead of the funky format. Now, I don't have any actual statistics, but it sure seems like the Classifieds sub-forums see a lot more activity now than they did in the past. This is the only forum I visit (out of 10 or 12 automotive forums) that has the Classifieds set up this way. I don't get it. :hmm:

Another mystery - why does it give you this huge list of editing options (even bigger than what we get in the normal sub-forums)...
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=73120&stc=1&d=1299342220
... when the only thing the ads display is plain text? :confused: You can't bold, underline, or italicize anything, so why give all those options?