: low coolant

ctsvdubbz
02-02-11, 06:54 AM
had my car in the shop getting the bumper repainted.. someone backed into me.. so it was getting fixed.. when i got it out of the shop it was leaking coolant.. with my heat on u can smell it.. the car isnt over heating its around 212-220 degrees.. n the temp guage is always in the middle... i think its just leaking out slowly somewhere but im not sure.. i can see its a lil wet on the driver side near the hoses but haveant really checked... someone said could be a head gasket.. i realllllly hope not any ideas??

crankedupforit
02-02-11, 09:27 AM
There was a TSB (technical service bulletin) issues by GM for problems with leaking water pumps. Mine was replaced. Try that first.

ctsvdubbz
02-02-11, 09:43 AM
like replaced for free?? i bought it used and pretty sure my warranty is up..

Andringa
02-02-11, 09:58 AM
TSBs are usually repaired for free if: 1. You are under warranty 2. You have the problem that it is meant to solve.

If you are out of warranty TSBs can help you diagnose a problem quicker, but you still have to pay the bill.

ctsvdubbz
02-02-11, 10:01 AM
well i'm hoping its nothing major.. gonna try and check it out today.. my oil isnt milky or anything i'm pretty sure its not a head gasket thank god..

JustinC
02-02-11, 11:47 AM
The LS6 is a really solid factory built motor. Guess everything else first ie. Rad hoses, Rad or waterpump most likely. Even the hose going to your reservoir or the reservoir itself!

ctsvdubbz
02-02-11, 06:09 PM
i was using the wrong fluid for one.. it said low coolant went to sheetz put something cheap in cuz i was on the road.. put that in i can see on the hoses and behind the radiator where its a lil wet.. its tight in there hopefully i can get in tomorrow a lil more and check.. if i let the car sit and it runs you can see it kinda smoking under the hood not the temp i dont think cuz it stays round 195 but i think just burning off the engine maybe?? but my oil pressure is also up..?