: seat/mirror memory driver side question!

07DTS12801
02-01-11, 07:09 PM
I looked at the manual,I've reset it many times but the driver side mirror keeps going to the wrong position when I hit button 1 on the seat memory in my 07.It goes up,up and away!!:annoyed:I bring it back down and reset it in the position I want it and the next time,bingo,it goes up again.Am I missing something somewhere??I've had seat memory before.

tedcmiller
02-01-11, 07:37 PM
When you change a memory setting you have to hold the button down until you hear two, not one, beeps. Otherwise, the new setting will not be remembered. I think this is clearly explained in the owner's manual.

07DTS12801
02-01-11, 10:31 PM
Yes it is and I do.It's weird that it just goes up like it does.

tedcmiller
02-02-11, 02:37 PM
If you change the memory setting, press the button and hold it for two beeps, and it still returns to the original setting, then I don't know what to say except that you appear to have a real problem that can be solved only by a software reload or a hardware change. A software reload might work as software occasionally becomes corrupted. The dealer can do this. You don't say whether the car is still under warranty or not.

07DTS12801
02-02-11, 10:24 PM
I just bought it last week from a dealer.It's under the 5/100k powertrain warranty and i imagine the state warranty of 60 days/3000 miles.I'll bring it in next week.It was really acting up tonight,going up then down but not where I set it to.Thanks for the help.

tedcmiller
02-04-11, 12:31 PM
If the car is still under warranty (which it appears to be) let the dealer solve the problem. Call it to his attention and then hope for the best. It probably won't cost you anything. The factory 5 yr/100k mile power train warranty covers only the power train (engine, transmission, emmision controls, etc.); not things like memory malfunctions. The factory bumper-to-bumper warranty is still for only four years and 50k miles, if I remember correctly. You haven't said what year model your car is and whether or not the existing warranty is the factory warranty or an after-market warranty.

383 LT1 SS
02-04-11, 01:05 PM
You haven't said what year model your car is and whether or not the existing warranty is the factory warranty or an after-market warranty.

First post states it's an 07'. He may have some factory warranty left.

383 LT1 SS

07DTS12801
02-04-11, 07:18 PM
Not bumper to bumper,only powertrain.I just got it though so there is a used car state warranty for a couple of months and 3000 miles.I just can't make the memory mirror work right.Is my car supposed to have the 1 touch down and up feature for the driver window??It has it on the passenger but only down on the driver..doesn't seem right that they would do that.

Superjim
02-04-11, 11:36 PM
Not bumper to bumper,only powertrain.I just got it though so there is a used car state warranty for a couple of months and 3000 miles.I just can't make the memory mirror work right.Is my car supposed to have the 1 touch down and up feature for the driver window??It has it on the passenger but only down on the driver..doesn't seem right that they would do that.

To set the one touch for the drivers window...
As you pull up on the switch...there is actually "TWO" positions for it...

Pull the switch up to the second position and release the switch to activate the express-up feature.
To stop the window as it is raising, pull up or press down briefly on the switch again.

If you don't have the owners manual for it... I can email you my 2006 manual.
It is a PDF file.

Jim

ffrog
02-05-11, 10:37 AM
No, your window is not working correctly. Both front windows have express up and down. The two rear windows only have express down, NOT up.

There is a programing feature (described in the owner’s manual) on this. It can be caused by an obstruction (a hand / snow or ice) while the window is closing that causes it to work as you describe. It is supposed to reset itself but does not always work.

I had similar problems with mine which the reset did not correct and I had to take it to the dealer for correction. It was (as TEDCMILLER indicated) a software download that was necessary to correct the problem. This could also affect the mirror.

FROM THE MANUAL:

Programming the Power Windows.
If the battery on your vehicle has been recharged, disconnected, or is not working, you will need to reprogram each front power window for the express-up feature to work. Before reprogramming, you will need to replace or recharge your vehicle’s battery.

To program each front window, follow these steps:
1. With the ignition in ACCESSORY, ON, or when Retained Accessory Power (RAP) is active, close all doors.
2. Press and hold the power window switch until the window has fully opened.
3. Pull the power window switch up until the window is fully closed.
4. Continue holding the switch up for approximately two seconds after the window is completely closed.

The window is now reprogrammed. Repeat the process for the other windows.

Express Window Anti-Pinch Feature
If any object is in the path of the window when the express-up is active, the window will stop at the obstruction and auto-reverse to a preset factory position. Weather conditions such as severe icing may also cause the window to auto-reverse. The window will return to normal operation once the obstruction or condition is removed.

LOL

07DTS12801
02-05-11, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I will attempt the fix tomorrow when it stops snowing...yet again!lol.I'll let you know if it works.

Screamineagle
11-14-12, 09:56 AM
Did you ever get your mirror problem fixed? I have a '08 DTS with a similar defect.

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-15-12, 01:31 PM
Screamineagle, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing similar concerns! Have you had a chance to consult with your dealership yet about your memory frustrations? If you would like further assistance at any point, please send me an email anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Screamineagle
11-15-12, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the reply Katie! No I have not contacted a dealership yet, that'll be the last resort. I have not yet disconnected the battery for a reboot yet either. I am curious what fixed 07DTS's issue though??? :)

Screamineagle, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing similar concerns! Have you had a chance to consult with your dealership yet about your memory frustrations? If you would like further assistance at any point, please send me an email anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Superjim
11-15-12, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the reply Katie! No I have not contacted a dealership yet, that'll be the last resort. I have not yet disconnected the battery for a reboot yet either. I am curious what fixed 07DTS's issue though??? :)

If you disconnect the battery to make it all reboot... be sure to disconnect the negative cable first.
Then disconnect the positive cable.
then touch the two cables together for a few seconds to discharge all the capacitors in the system
Then hood up the positive cable first... then the negative cable.

Texas Jim

Screamineagle
11-16-12, 09:48 AM
Appreciate the info Jim. It won't be long before the car manufacturers will start putting a reset button in for these types of issues!