: What's the fastest way to cover more ground on the V while racing from 0mph and up???

starwithabuck
02-01-11, 03:35 PM
Ok so I have and 05 cts-V Stock, I never take off the traction control whenever I want to punch it from start so the traction control can give me more grip on the road so I don't spin the tires off. I notice though whenever you put in on competitive mode the traction is off so I'm assuming that the car will cover more ground just becaue of the message appearing on the screen(well of course is a competitive scenerio). My questions is will I get more ahead of the opponent from start on competitive mode(Concern that the wheels will spin too much that I won't get no where) or will I still cover more ground from 0mph and up with the traction control on??? Please help I want to know what is the best way to take the Beast out of my car so I can show my friend that his car is a piece of crap ":]:halo:

CancerJCC
02-01-11, 03:40 PM
First off a stock 05 launch is a recipe for a blown diff. If you want to drag race or roll from a dig this isn't the car until you beef up the rear. (Actually still isn't because its so heavy).

Secondly you want to be in competitive mode or traction control off. The reason is that YOU need to modulate the throttle so that you don't spin. If you allow the traction control to do it the PCM is just cutting your power to do so.

Third don't launch on the stock diff!

CadiBlk
02-01-11, 04:08 PM
Look under Cancer's post, he has listed how to take the beast out.

2nd being in Competitive mode so the engine doesn't take the power away. It is automatic for me to put it in that mode soon as I start the car.

3rd, no from 0 launches. Just ask your buddy to go from a roll and watch your friend in the mirrors.

CancerJCC
02-01-11, 10:44 PM
Look under Cancer's post, he has listed how to take the beast out.

:p Thanks. Of course I don't know why I am thanking you all it takes is money! :histeric:

starwithabuck
02-02-11, 06:37 PM
Ok sounds good, thanks for the advise even thought I still want to take him head on. Plus I still have warranty ":D Even though I ain't planning to blow my differential any time soon. And by giving it throttle do you mean to rev it up to 3500 RPM before launching????

starwithabuck
02-02-11, 06:40 PM
whats the link for cancers post??/ Cant find it :l Thanks :]

CancerJCC
02-02-11, 10:30 PM
whats the link for cancers post??/ Cant find it :l Thanks :]

My signature. He was referring to the blower (Magnuson MP122).

04 CTS-V / Accessory Wheels / Accessory Spoiler / Magnuson MP122 with 90mm TB / B&B Headers / B&B "Sport" Exhaust / Monster Stage III Clutch, 18lb. Flywheel / K&N Cold Air Intake / UUC Short Shifter / Creative Steel MM's, Trans Mount, and Diff Bushing / 35% Tint / Laser Interceptor quad LIDAR jammers / V1 Hardwired, CD, Remote Mute

AAIIIC
02-03-11, 10:16 AM
What's the most ridiculously cumbersome way to ask "What's the best way to launch a V?"?

Nevermind, I found the answer - it's the title to this thread!

Ok so I have and 05 cts-V Stock, I never take off the traction control whenever I want to punch it from start so the traction control can give me more grip on the road so I don't spin the tires off.
Traction control on street cars is not there to maximize forward traction, it's there to keep talent-less drivers from wrecking their cars.

I notice though whenever you put in on competitive mode the traction is off so I'm assuming that the car will cover more ground
Nope, it will still cover the same amount of ground. Turning off traction control doesn't make the car bigger.

My questions is will I get more ahead of the opponent from start on competitive mode(Concern that the wheels will spin too much that I won't get no where) or will I still cover more ground from 0mph and up with the traction control on???
The goal, whether you have traction control on or off, is to get the car moving with just a tiny bit of wheelspin. That means you're just at the limit of the maximum traction the tires can provide. If you do it right, the traction control won't step in at all.

Please help I want to know what is the best way to take the Beast out of my car so I can show my friend that his car is a piece of crap
What sort of Beast do you have in your car? Is it like this (http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2010/03/15/ron-perlman-beauty-beast.jpg)? Is your friend's car a piece of crap because he doesn't have Ron Perlman in his?

It might actually be better to leave the Beast in your car. If you have him sit in the back seat then all that weight over the rear tires will give you better traction!

(BTW, is English a second language for you?)

starwithabuck
02-03-11, 10:34 AM
What's the most ridiculously cumbersome way to ask "What's the best way to launch a V?"?

Traction control on street cars is not there to maximize forward traction, it's there to keep talent-less drivers from wrecking their cars.

Nope, it will still cover the same amount of ground. Turning off traction control doesn't make the car bigger.

The goal, whether you have traction control on or off, is to get the car moving with just a tiny bit of wheelspin. That means you're just at the limit of the maximum traction the tires can provide. If you do it right, the traction control won't step in at all.

What sort of Beast do you have in your car? Is it like this (http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2010/03/15/ron-perlman-beauty-beast.jpg)? Is your friend's car a piece of crap because he doesn't have Ron Perlman in his?

It might actually be better to leave the Beast in your car. If you have him sit in the back seat then all that weight over the rear tires will give you better traction!

LMAO Wow, what does my English have to do with this forum? But yeh I got the point with the launcing.,.

Castro
02-03-11, 10:58 AM
Get an axle first.

PISNUOFF
02-03-11, 11:20 AM
WOW. Another example of 'not being nice to the new guy'.

CancerJCC
02-03-11, 01:00 PM

+1

WOW. Another example of 'not being nice to the new guy'.

I don't think "new guy" has anything to do with it. Who asks what the best way to launch a car is? (Of course I was nice because I see myself as posting as the arsehole around here to often). What I really meant to say was exactly what AAIIC said though! :)

PISNUOFF
02-03-11, 02:34 PM
Well......I guess that's OK then. Probably wasn't the best question(s) to ask. LOL

AAIIIC
02-03-11, 02:46 PM
LMAO Wow, what does my English have to do with this forum?
I asked not to be an ass, but because I was honestly curious. Some of your turns of phrase seemed like they were from someone who speaks/writes English as a second language.

lollygagger8
02-03-11, 02:59 PM
LMAO Wow, what does my English have to do with this forum? But yeh I got the point with the launcing.,.

That might have something to do with it.

Nobody plans on grenading their diff, it just happens. but you can't say you weren't warned. Sure you have a warranty, but you still would have to get it towed and not have it for however long it takes for the dealer to fix. Plus, we (and your buddy) get to tell you "I told you so" when we see your next post:

"what does can have my diff fix plz"

Consider this your hazing process, and welcome to the forum! :2thumbs:

repenttokyo
02-03-11, 04:30 PM
i don't think it matters if English is his first language or not. I'm a professional writer, and trust me, having English as your first language really doesn't mean you can speak it or write it with any degree of accuracy or skill. If it did, I wouldn't have a job.

AAIIIC
02-03-11, 06:00 PM
Trust me :p, you're preaching to the choir on this topic, repenttokyo. But if someone isn't a native English speaker I'm more willing to cut them some slack. It's not uncommon to see French Canadians on the Subie forum, for instance, but I don't make fun of their frenchy sentence structure. :)

repenttokyo
02-03-11, 11:42 PM
Trust me :p, you're preaching to the choir on this topic, repenttokyo. But if someone isn't a native English speaker I'm more willing to cut them some slack. It's not uncommon to see French Canadians on the Subie forum, for instance, but I don't make fun of their frenchy sentence structure. :)

no, i completely agree with you - i was trying to say (poorly, i guess) that i don't think we should make fun of people who have trouble putting a sentence together in a second language. they should get the slack you are talking about.

as someone from Quebec, I can very much relate to your analogy.

RippyPartsDept
02-04-11, 12:29 AM
fastest way to cover more ground
sounds like a translation of the literal meaning of our colloquial/slang usage of the word 'launch'

racing from 0mph and up
again sounds like a translation

to me the wording of the title is just awkward
if i had to i would have guessed ESL (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_as_a_foreign_or_second_language) also

Mystical_Ice
02-05-11, 12:10 PM
OP - you're in Houston? PM me your phone#, name, and email address... i'll see if we can get some of the V guys together so we can show you, in person, how to cover the most ground in your Beast
;)

PISNUOFF
02-05-11, 12:50 PM
I remember when I was new to this forum. I asked a typical noob question and got a bunch of D-head answers. Almost deterred me from returning here. Lol

CancerJCC
02-06-11, 05:31 PM
I remember when I was new to this forum. I asked a typical noob question and got a bunch of D-head answers. Almost deterred me from returning here. Lol

I came from my350z.com to this site. Belonging over there with a whole boat load of a-holes I knew better than to come in asking noob questions. After a short while I was amazed at how much nicer everybody here was! Way different demographic...

MIAdragon
02-06-11, 05:51 PM
Ok so I have and 05 cts-V Stock, I never take off the traction control whenever I want to punch it from start so the traction control can give me more grip on the road so I don't spin the tires off. I notice though whenever you put in on competitive mode the traction is off so I'm assuming that the car will cover more ground just becaue of the message appearing on the screen(well of course is a competitive scenerio). My questions is will I get more ahead of the opponent from start on competitive mode(Concern that the wheels will spin too much that I won't get no where) or will I still cover more ground from 0mph and up with the traction control on??? Please help I want to know what is the best way to take the Beast out of my car so I can show my friend that his car is a piece of crap ":]:halo:

It cures all.

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/gallery/albums/64/a9c412477f5305016d2f39e5ce292f55_l.jpg

V-Guy
02-06-11, 05:59 PM
I came from my350z.com to this site. Belonging over there with a whole boat load of a-holes I knew better than to come in asking noob questions. After a short while I was amazed at how much nicer everybody here was! Way different demographic...
Great point. Although I haven't minded being a total noob here! It's kinda fun to reverse rolls! On some totally unrelated sites (gun and self-defense related), I've been one of the old dogs and kind of a mentor to the new guys - so I really don't mind being a rookie here! And I've never minded exposing my stupidity in a new area - it's amazing how much information and knowledge exist out there on these cars that I had no clue about. One of my favorite quotes certainly applies, "Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance."

But I also think that some folks here just seem to enjoy tormenting us poor newbies. My guess is that it's one of their few opportunities to feel superior. LOL

crankedupforit
02-06-11, 06:38 PM
I haven't been here as long as some other guys, but one thing for sure is that the landscape sure has changed. Lots of guys who didn't have 50K to spend back in 04-05 are now getting into these cars. I've seen more cool mods and more new stuff in the last year or so than ever (not all of it from the veterans). So bring on the noobs and the wannabees because there's going to be some new tech, parts, and ideas yet to be seen when these guys start spending some cash. Some of it useful some of it a waste but in any case some progress. That being said the old timers are still going to rip on somebody occasionally when it's required. :yup:

V-Guy
02-06-11, 06:41 PM
the old timers are still going to rip on somebody occasionally when it's required. :yup:

Understood!! "Thank you sir, may I have another." LOL

starwithabuck
02-07-11, 10:39 AM
cool. thanks

CancerJCC
02-07-11, 02:23 PM
But I also think that some folks here just seem to enjoy tormenting us poor newbies. My guess is that it's one of their few opportunities to feel superior. LOL

For me at least I don't mind the noobiest of questions as long as proper grammar and detail is utilized. What I dislike is someone who doesn't even attempt to use proper sentence structure or grammar and provides very little detail about what they are asking. IMHO if you want spoon fed at least make your request seem somewhat intelligent and thought out.

Good - I noticed the other day my V wouldn't allow me to shift into 2nd gear at a low RPM and speed. I also saw a 1-4 light flash on the dash when this happened. Any idea what is wrong with my car?

Bad - my car is broke yo it wont shift.

:)

CancerJCC
02-07-11, 02:26 PM
I haven't been here as long as some other guys, but one thing for sure is that the landscape sure has changed. Lots of guys who didn't have 50K to spend back in 04-05 are now getting into these cars. I've seen more cool mods and more new stuff in the last year or so than ever (not all of it from the veterans). So bring on the noobs and the wannabees because there's going to be some new tech, parts, and ideas yet to be seen when these guys start spending some cash. Some of it useful some of it a waste but in any case some progress. That being said the old timers are still going to rip on somebody occasionally when it's required. :yup:

Well said. I certainly did not spend 50k nor could I at this point in my life. You are right though, with our increased market share of mods comes the potential scholars who can now afford these cars! haha