: Note to all stud kit customers, effective immediately pricing and policy changes.

97EldoCoupe
02-01-11, 02:46 PM
Because stud kits have become more of a headache to me than its worth at present time, namely lost profits, increased paperwork and dealing with customer complaints regarding ship times and brokerage charges (5% of customers get a bill from UPS of approx. $40.00), I will still offer them for sale, but under different terms.

All stud kits will now be priced at $699. Duties, taxes, overnight shipping, brokerage fees all included. Allow up to 72 hours from the time of ordering for the kit to arrive, but most (80%+) will arrive the next day if you order by 12:00pm central time.

IF you want to save money, I will still offer the kits at a cost of $549 shipping included, but you will have to allow 2 weeks for delivery and, 5% of customers may receive a bill from a shipping company or may wind up paying on the spot, an undisclosed amount, for duties, taxes, and brokerage fees. Usually well under $100.

I am a busy man working on these cars and even if I hire office staff, I don't want to receive the level of complaints that I have been regarding ship times or brokerage fees. UPS overnight shipping is insanely expensive at $180+ per kit but hey, call before noon and next day it's in your hands.

Also- paypal will be removed from the payment options list. Certified cheque, money order, personal cheque (once clear), visa, amex, mastercard will be the new forms of payment. Paypal still holds 20% of my income for 3 months and they are holding $1900 that I could certainly use right now. So paypal is no longer an option.

When I have to take an hour off from working on a customers' vehicle to handle a complaint regarding a $40 customs/brokerage charge, I fail to see how this is fair to the owner of the vehicle that's in my shop.

I will update the website after work tonight.

Again, auto repair shops - order ahead of time and keep stock on the shelf, this way you save money and avoid waiting for studs.

AK Caddy
02-27-11, 02:41 AM
Jake,

Sorry you're having some difficulties. I can't imagine running a small business.

I just wanted to say that I enjoyed our business transaction in July 2009. I have just over 31K miles on my headgasket job. I changed oil from Wal-Mart brand to Quaker State and only get the oil pressure light to flicker when I'm below about 20% life remaining. I get about 24 mpg in the winter time and just north of 26 mpg in the summer (both are door to door averages, about 70% highway and 30% city).

I tell just about everybody about the stud kit (mainly because I still find it hard it to believe I did it in a two car garage for about $800). I will continue to espouse the fine craftsmanship and thorough design you put into the stud kit.

Take care,

Scott
Palmer, AK
1998 Deville (162K, >31K on HG repair)

ejguillot
02-27-11, 05:56 PM
Jake,

Another very satisfied customer here. I bought the kit from you in November 2009, and have put 16K miles on my STS since then. No issues with overheating, oil pressure, or anything else for that matter - car has been great!

Keep up the good work!

Edwin
2000 STS (kit installed at 140K, currently 156K)

vincentm
02-27-11, 08:02 PM
Im looking forward to installing mine, i know my car will hug me for it if it could.

Sent from my MyTouch4G using Tapatalk

ThumperPup
02-27-11, 08:45 PM
Jake well you know iv already thanked you for all the talking we did on the phone before and after my stud kit
the first time i wanted to come up to you to do the HG's but them dang Boarder patrol wouldn't let me over lol
i think you spend about an hour on the phone explaining it all to me with the studs and hg's and all

and then finally when i got the chance from the bad cracked block to

get not only the studs from you but the Block

I have 2 great ppl i can thank for my Engine that has been keeping strong for the past few months Since December of last year
when my Mechanic ordered the Studs and Block from you
i doped the caddy off picked her up 2 weeks latter told him not to rush he said he never rushes he just wants quality on all his work

well here i am

your block's you got from GM
your Stud's that you invented and patented

and My Mechanics Work

all together make for a happy N with just under 7k on it

now if i can only get the problem with the fuel fixed then ill be happy again lol

thank you for all you have done for all of us

97EldoCoupe
02-27-11, 09:39 PM
You're very welcome. My work is never over with these. I just seriously have to figure out a way to ship these kits from within the USA. I have serious plans I cannot release as of right now but all I can say is MISSOURI. I have to make sure my business stays afloat and will do whatever necessary even if that includes a relocation or new location in the USA. The stud repair system has come along way since the first kit was sold and installed by a forum member in a 1997 ETC- The profits, when they exist, are going back into the business for expansion.

I really don't intend to increase pricing- I just need a bit of understanding from people regarding ship times and customs/brokerage/taxes if and when UPS asks for it. It's rare. I plan to take care of all of these issues as soon as I can. UPS lost two of my packages last week, one going to GM Repair Ctr. and one to S & J Auto & Diesel in Michigan. Both are busy repair shops. I had to send out two, overnight, at my cost because of UPS's stupidity. FedEx has been no better. The Minnesota shipping depot is terrible. 3 stud kits lost in that location alone, to date, in 2.5 months.

I thank everyone for their continued support! :)

ThumperPup
02-27-11, 09:44 PM
Hey Jake not sure how UPS deals with this
But i know Fed Ex
if they loose they will cover you if your shipment is insured even if the Customer says no i don't need it insurance its ok
well if you pay the extra 5 bucks or what ever for insurance and if they loose or delay it past the guaranteed ship date then they will cover your looses
might want to check into that

97EldoCoupe
02-27-11, 10:12 PM
Yeah the problem is i declare the kits worth $200 to get them smoothly across the border without too much of a hassle and if UPS loses one there goes the other $300.00.

If I declare them worth $500 they usually open the boxes lose nuts and washers and parts and slap some tape on the box and send them on their way. They are so careless.

Keep in mind $50 is always reserved for shipping. I charge $549.00- but in reality, it's $499 + shipping, I just prefer to have a simple, flat rate for all 48 states and canadian provinces. Shipping varies from $30 all the way to $50 depending on where it's going in the USA.

I am gathering the equipment to produce these studs in high volumes and high quality in my shop. This will eliminate the biggest supplier issues and hopefully, once the equipment is paid for, raise profit just slightly. The thread rolling machine is on order, I found a very good heat treat furnace, and next comes the CNC turning center / screw machine.

I hired a new shop assistant (March 14th is his start date) and two, 7,000 lb. 2-post lifts have been bought from the GM Orion Assembly plant in Michigan - where the Olds Aurora was built. I just have to pick them up yet.

94CaddyConcours
03-03-11, 06:02 AM
Jake may I make a suggestion? I think the best solution is to find a distributor(s). Maybe send out about 10 or 20 kits to the distributor that will send the kit to your customer. The distributor itself does not have to handle the payment transaction. You just give the distributor a call/email/fax of the address to send the kit and the the distributor will mail it. Not only will the kit goes through custom all at once but also shipping in the states will be cheaper and quicker than going through custom clearance.

ThumperPup
03-03-11, 10:52 AM
Jake may I make a suggestion? I think the best solution is to find a distributor(s). Maybe send out about 10 or 20 kits to the distributor that will send the kit to your customer. The distributor itself does not have to handle the payment transaction. You just give the distributor a call/email/fax of the address to send the kit and the the distributor will mail it. Not only will the kit goes through custom all at once but also shipping in the states will be cheaper and quicker than going through custom clearance.

thats a very good idea
and im betting jake knows more then a few here who he would trust if they where willing to go on as a distributes

3 thumbs up for a good idea ok maybe only 2 cause id ont have 3 lol