: warranty

Billy1958
02-01-11, 12:10 PM
The BLS is now one year old and the dash tells me its due for a service. Its only done 7K but warranty and all! So does anyone know if I HAVE to use Cadillac or a Saab service or, after that EU legislation, can my local garage do it... with proper bits.... therefore ensuring the warranty is still valid. Runs like a dream .... what does the handbook say the 1st service mileage should be.... its a 1.9 180 hp diesel..... ta y'alllllll.
P.S. I didn't get the correct handbook! motorpoint!

cadillac londoner
02-02-11, 06:18 AM
Hi

If you need any warranty work it will need to be done by a Cadillac approved workshop.

As you appear to have no running problems then any reasonable servicer could do the annual service for you.

Please read my posts on servicing experiences and mileage reports as I am a high mileage driver (36,000 in 13 months).

I have used my nearest Saab dealership.

ajp558
02-02-11, 11:54 PM
1st service is an "intermediate" service which is more of an oil change, couple of filters and nothing that a standard, competent garage can't do. Books says it should be after 1 year of 18,000 miles, whichever is sooner, hence your computer has triggered it after one year.

I used a Saab dealer which is also Cadillac approved service centre as I wanted them to apply any software updates (eg engine management, but they say there were none when they checked) and I also wanted them to enable autolocking/unlocking when I drive off/remove the key.

vetguru
02-05-11, 04:52 PM
Whitequay Cadillac and Saab in Reading and Southampton, Stratstone Cadillac in Wavendon milton Kenyes and Birmingham, And Bauer Millett in Manchester

Tong
05-30-11, 05:45 AM
Hi all,
I just asked the same question and this is the response fro GM ..

"Thank you for taking the time to contact the General Motors Customer Assistance Center.

The warranty is not voided if you make your services in a non-authorized garage. However, this garage must work according to GM Standards, use the correct products and you must keep the receipts that show the type of service done and the products used. For this reason, we recommend doing the services in one of our Authorized Service Centers.

We further inform you that warranty repairs must be done in an Authorized Center if you want the warranty to be applicable."

I suggest (as I will do) that you ask for and retain evidence of the use of GM parts by whoever does the service .. just to make sure in the event of a warranty dispute!

hope this helps.

BTW I have just bought a BLS wagon 59 plat 1.9 deisel 6 speed steptronic .. nice!