: Leak on a 1979 deville

7.0,hellyeah
09-28-04, 07:57 PM
I had to bypass the heater core because it was rotted out. It let water out like a frikkin hose! I re-routed the radiator-heater core hose strait into the back of the engine where it should come in from the heater core. The place where it attaches was slightly rotted around the top to I just made sure to have it tight but not too tight to the point where it would crush the tube. It still leaked a little so now I am going to try to put sealant around it to temporarily fix the problem. Has anyone had the same problem and fixed it, or does anyone have a suggestion on how I should fix it?

FASSTWOOD
09-28-04, 09:20 PM
It not too bad to replace the heater core on that car it all on the outside. just replace it. Get your self a haynes manual it will show you what to do...
Or you could post any questions you have. I think its like 8 or 10 screws holding the top of the heater box plus the blower motor.

7.0,hellyeah
09-28-04, 11:32 PM
My entire control panel that controls the a/c and heater is all non-funcional. Heck I dont even have a condenser on the engine anymore. I'd rather just fix it without worrying one bit about getting a new heater core. Doesnt get that cold in the napa valley anyway