: Looking for radio part 02-05 Deville

Fast
02-01-11, 04:38 AM
I am looking for a plug.

5-Way F Micro-Pack 100 Series ( Black )

It fits in the navigation units from 2004-2005 Deville or possibly earlier.

RippyPartsDept
02-01-11, 09:54 AM
hmm that's pretty tough... you don't have a picture of it do you?

the radios/nav systems have a few plugs on the back usually

and even if i could get a 'connector' the terminals that go in the cavities are usually not sold together and have to be built by our technicians.

we do not have part numbers or prices for the terminals (they're not even stocked in the parts dept) so i can't even sell them...

probably your best bet is to get yourself a used connector from a salvage yard vehicle
that way you can just cut off the 'pigtail' (which makes splicing a lot easier)

good luck, and let me know if you've got any other questions
Chris

Fast
02-02-11, 01:12 AM
Thanks for the reply I will try and find one from the junk yard. There are three plugs on this Denso NAV Main 32 pin connector, GPS Antenna and the the five pin one. I put this in a non NAV car and rewired it except for 2 wires that go on two of those five pins needed for voice recognition. I wanted to retain the factory look and my junk yards don't have many of these cars but ill keep looking I may get lucky.

RippyPartsDept
02-02-11, 01:25 AM
try http://www.cadillacheaven.com - local to me - cadillac only salvage yard - tell them i sent you

00 Deville
02-05-11, 10:41 PM
Chris, You mean to tell me I'm only minutes away from Cadillac Heaven and I didn't even know it. I'm going to have to check them out next time I'm down in Leland. Will they let you walk around and check out what the old Caddy's?

RippyPartsDept
02-07-11, 10:09 PM
Forgot to respond to this the other day... ooops!

Probably the best way isn't to just come out and ask for it but to strike up a conversation and then ask about coming down in person to see what they've got.

Karen usually answers the phone and is really nice. Tell them I said hello when you call.

Fast
02-19-11, 09:32 PM
Finally got a picture of the plug I might have to get in contact with Cadillac Heaven I guess if not available anywhere else.

I don't like having it the way it is now. Isn't there a member on the forum that is from Cadillac Heaven?

RippyPartsDept
02-20-11, 07:15 PM
I don't think CH has a member on here... it's just a husband and wife that run th business and he does all the 'pulling' while she does the office side of the business

(well basically that's how i see it anyways)

they don't really have much time to work the forums...

i'll look into this part number for the connector for you tomorrow

Fast
02-20-11, 10:14 PM
thanks!

RippyPartsDept
02-21-11, 09:09 AM
Radio C2 (w/U3R, U3S, U3Q)
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/5892/navconnector.jpg

When I looked up the connector for a 2005 Radio it shows this and another C2 connector
(but that other connector is a 9-pin connector and is for usages without U3R, U3S, U3Q)

So the part number I'm seeing is matching the number shown in your image (probably from a FSM, right?)

Bad news is that I can't get that part number to come up valid, so the salvage yard seems to be the only option besides buying a whole wiring harness (which would cost a lot for just a connector).

I guess you could rig up a straight connection to the pins instead of using a connector... that would probably work too.