: Hello all, first post, I've got a new to me 2006 DTS and can't find the block heater

westcoastdan
02-01-11, 12:45 AM
Nice to meet you all, I've been all over this car and can't seem to find the cord or the plug in for the block heater. I got a print out from the dealership based on the VIN # and it says I should have one...just can't find it. Any of you veteran DTS owner know where it would be? Thanks for your time! I used the search function on the forums but could not find the answer.

Superjim
02-01-11, 09:01 AM
Nice to meet you all, I've been all over this car and can't seem to find the cord or the plug in for the block heater. I got a print out from the dealership based on the VIN # and it says I should have one...just can't find it. Any of you veteran DTS owner know where it would be? Thanks for your time! I used the search function on the forums but could not find the answer.

Mine does not have a block heater...but I "THOUGHT" it was in between the grille and the radiator...
But I don't know that for sure.

Jim

07DTS12801
02-01-11, 11:16 AM
Interesting.So hypothetically,where would it be?Some I've seen on other cars/trucks over the years were right up front of the block with the plug coming out thru the grill.Now I have to check my new to me 07!!!lol.

383 LT1 SS
02-01-11, 12:47 PM
Cars that I have owned in the past with a factory installed blocked heater had the cord wraped and mounted on the drivers side fender. I had to undo the zip tie and rin the cord up through the grill and use a zip tie to hold the plug end to the grill.

HTH,
383 LT1 SS

Kenwood
02-01-11, 12:49 PM
Hi there, welcome to the DTS forum and congratulations on your new Caddy! Post some pics of it when you get a chance. There's a bunch of great guys (and some girls) here and you should have a good time.

The block heater is a pretty rare option, and a cool one to have. But that figures, a Caddy on the West Coast has a block heater, but I'd never find one in the mid west...

Anyway, I have a Suburban with a block heater and the plug wire was folded up accordion style and zip tied to a part of the frame on the drivers side. It's black and pretty hard to spot. It also might have a black cover that goes over the metal prongs of the plug to protect it from the elements. It's about the same thickness as a lamp or small appliance cord, which wasn't what I was expecting. I thought I'd be a heavy gauge wire, but it's not. Now I know that a Suburban has nothing to do with a DTS, but I'm just pointing out that it's probably a black cord, folded up and if it was never used, it's probably zip tied to some part of the frame or support member.

Try turning the wheels, full lock in either direction and looking up through the wheel wells.

Report back and let us know if you have any success.

Have a luxurious day,

Kenwood