: Meets in Dallas?

DrSzabo
01-31-11, 12:28 PM
Is anyone attending the Cars n Coffee(Plano) and/or the Ricekiller(Mesquite) meet this Saturday in Dallas? Been to a few of these shows and I rarely see any V1s besides mine. I would love to check out some other V's and get some ideas.

ColeGraham
01-31-11, 09:52 PM
i will be there...and i think a couple of V1s are going to C&C also.

D3l7a3ch0
02-02-11, 12:26 AM
this is cool. i'm right down here in killeen, and as long as the ice melts off my car and i can get it washed, i'm all for it. And i've never been to dallas

which of the two meets is bigger?

ColeGraham
02-02-11, 12:32 AM
they are right after each other...

C&C is alittle more mellow and more exotic cars show. there is normally a lot of vettes, camaros, and mustangs. normally (from what i hear) about 5 to 8 Vs show up. but i go to drool over the Ferrari's that come out...C&C will be smaller this month due to the weather. normal total turn out there is about 400.

the RKC will be more young people. a lot more car, but not as many exotics. but still some fast cars will be there. this is expected to be 500+ cars.

DrSzabo
02-02-11, 12:44 AM
this is cool. i'm right down here in killeen, and as long as the ice melts off my car and i can get it washed, i'm all for it. And i've never been to dallas

which of the two meets is bigger?

I agree with ColeGraham, C&C is more mellow but seems to have more cars and usually higher end cars too. RKC is run by a younger guy and s sponsored by Monster so there is usually a younger crowd. Both tend to have plenty of nice cars though!

RKC actually had a sign-up list for this particular event, which only allows 500 cars to show(and is apparently full to show your car, tho spectators are still allowed). C&C doesn't have a sign-up but usually you have to get there EARLY to get a good spot...like 7-8am usually.

I just hope this weather gets better so cars don't get scared away!

ColeGraham
02-02-11, 01:20 AM
I just hope this weather gets better so cars don't get scared away!

with a show time temp of around 25, i dont think many will show...haha

D3l7a3ch0
02-02-11, 02:17 AM
I'm showing a low of 38 that day. What's your source for weather?

And are there vendors?

whisler151
02-02-11, 12:45 PM
We've had as many as 21 Vs at Cars and Coffee, but usually there are 6ish. We used to have meets about every six months but stopped a while back.

RiceKillers is more of a body kit, fart can, neon light crowd...and very immature. I went twice to make sure the first wasnt a fluke. Not my scene.

DrSzabo
02-02-11, 12:51 PM

And are there vendors?

I show hi of 54 low of 36 w/ 0% chance of rain in Plano...anyways...I am sure some people will get scared away, but it looks like it should be a good day.

As far as vendors, some of the shops will bring out some shop cars and there are occasional booths set up, but not many. It is more of a meet than a show.

ColeGraham
02-02-11, 07:00 PM

And are there vendors?

my source is myself...since weather forecasting is my job, haha.

whisler151
02-02-11, 08:35 PM
Well guys, I dont know that I'll show up Saturday. I dont think that I'll have a chance to get her washed by Saturday. Its too cold to get a wash this week. Maybe Friday...as long as it doesnt snow.

ColeGraham
02-03-11, 07:19 PM
Well guys, I dont know that I'll show up Saturday. I dont think that I'll have a chance to get her washed by Saturday. Its too cold to get a wash this week. Maybe Friday...as long as it doesnt snow.

i dont think i will be able to go either. not because of the car, but because the road here are still covered in ice. and there is no way i am taking her out in ice with the retards we have in Abilene. i will just stick with my 4x4 truck, haha.

whisler151
02-04-11, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the 6in of snow weather man. Definitely not going to C&C tomorrow.

DrSzabo
02-04-11, 12:40 PM
HA...ya ice and snow don't make for a good car show. Luckily both meets were moved to next Saturday the 12th. Hopefully it will be nice(don't think it can be much worse) and more Vs will show!

D3l7a3ch0
02-04-11, 01:50 PM
yes let's just say... if i want to go out, i have to hike.

http://i.imgur.com/El3XX.jpg

whisler151
02-04-11, 03:16 PM
Looks like its moved to Feb 12th.

There will be a handful of us that will meet at the Starbucks at the Shops at Legacy around 7 and then drive over to the show.

I'll start a thread a little later.

DrSzabo
02-08-11, 04:20 PM
well it LOOKS like the weather should be good on Saturday this week. I am planning on getting to CnC around 7:30am...hope to see you all there

ColeGraham
02-09-11, 06:45 AM
weather will be good...haha...just a little bit on the cold side that morning, about 28 to 30, and warming nicely to a high of about 60. even the wind will be fairly light, coming out of the south-southwest at 10 to 12 knots. fair sky, with some upper level cirrus rolling through the area. no precip or any significant weather is expected (by me) for the Dallas Fort Worth area on the weekend of the 12th.

Thanks for the heads up on the 6in of snow weather man. Definitely not going to C&C tomorrow.

hahahaha...i gave you a full forecast above buddy. sunday is looking good for the dyno day. i am scheduled for 1140, but i may get in sooner in there is a no show. dyno run in the 40 to 50 with an RH between 50% and 30%...should be better then my 96 (86.7 inside SNL) degree run in August.