: CTS-V Speed sensor location

ohhiken
01-30-11, 05:36 PM
Hi, new to the board here. I just ordered a car to be made that will use the engine/6-speed out of a 2004-5? V-series. I'm in the process of collecting up lights, wheels, guages etc. to install when I receive the car. I purchased a guage set and LATER realized that I don't know how I'm going to get the speed signal. I have a 04' Z06 Vett with the sensor in the differential housing next to the transaxle. I assume that the V-series may have the same system in their differential also, but I have elected to use a S-10 live axle to save $3-3500 in designing a IRS for this little thing. I imagine the sensor would be of the VR type like the Vett.
Can anyone confirm where the sensor is? If it is in the trans, great, becuse I'll be using it. Thanks. Ken Hamilton............Oregon

CadzillaTN
01-30-11, 06:13 PM
I don't know how many speed sensors the V has, but there is one on the trans, near the back where the driveshaft connects. I took a pic but I'll have to find it. I only know this because mine has gone bad twice due to trans fluid leaking from it..

darkman
01-30-11, 07:10 PM
See attached.

ohhiken
01-31-11, 03:10 PM
Darkman thnk you so much. That PDF. you attached on the VSS looks to be the one. Thanks again.........Ken