: New guy here.hi everybody. New to me 07 dts owner.

07DTS12801
01-29-11, 11:16 PM
My name is Jesse.Hello everybody.I just picked up an 07 DTS w/64k last week.Traded a Lincoln Town Car for it.I can't believe how much nicer this car is then my 06 Lincoln!Remote start from GM heats the seats,windows and all that.Still getting used to the feel of the car at this point.The memory mirror never goes back to the same place twice!lol.I was a little hesitant about the Northstar engine and the gaskets but I read a little just now that they changed a few things after 04 I think it is.It's got the balance of GM's 5/100k powertrain anyway I believe so that's something.Anyway,I just wanted to introduce myself real quick.:thumbsup

Superjim
01-30-11, 12:55 AM
Congratulations on your new car.
Here's hoping for many happy miles to you. :)

Texas Jim

HartfordGuy
01-30-11, 07:16 AM
Hi Jesse!

Congrats on your new DTS! What color is it?

I agree with you on the remote start. It is nice not having to scrape off the rear window anymore!

07DTS12801
01-30-11, 10:09 AM
Thanks Fellas!The car is gray I guess with a sort of dove gray interior.Don't know what the official name for the color is and it's got snow on it right now so no picture yet.Do I need to get 5 posts here before I can post a picture??

07DTS12801
01-30-11, 01:12 PM
Does my 07 non performance version DTS run synthetic or regular oil?

Superjim
01-30-11, 05:20 PM
Does my 07 non performance version DTS run synthetic or regular oil?

I think if you look at the oil filler cap...it will say MOBIL 1.
But I think that any synthetic is OK.
If you go by the Oil Life Monitor...it will probably go 8,000 to 10,000 miles between changes.

I change mine more often than that...but that is just my personal preference.

Texas Jim

07DTS12801
01-30-11, 06:00 PM
Thanks Jim.It didn't even dawn on me to look there.lol. Here another mystery for the ages.When I open the driver door,every interior light goes on except for the front passenger reading light.The dealer said normal...is it?

Superjim
01-30-11, 09:44 PM
Thanks Jim.It didn't even dawn on me to look there.lol. Here another mystery for the ages.When I open the driver door,every interior light goes on except for the front passenger reading light.The dealer said normal...is it?

No... :)
When you have the door open...push the ON/OFF switch right there by the light.
It is either turned off or the bulb is out.

Jim

07DTS12801
01-30-11, 11:53 PM
Actually,I turn it on and off all the time.If it's only one bulb,it works when I manually turn it on and off.For some reason it doesn't go on when I open the door. How hard a fix is it and what kind of bulb?

Superjim
01-31-11, 04:27 PM
Actually,I turn it on and off all the time.If it's only one bulb,it works when I manually turn it on and off.
For some reason it doesn't go on when I open the door.
How hard a fix is it and what kind of bulb?

That's not normal.
To satisfy both yourself AND the dealer...check some of the other DTS's that are on the lot.

I would be willing to make a small wager... that ALL of the overhead lights come on when opening the door.
If you just bought it from a dealer.. he should be willing to fix it for you.

Jim

07DTS12801
01-31-11, 08:57 PM
I'll get in touch with the dealer after this blizzard happens tomorrow and Wednesday.I like to go in to the service department with some knowledge of what's up with my car because lots of times,I know more then they do!30 INCHES or so headed this way.I just shoveled a bunch of snow off of one flat roof we have because there was a ton on there already!

quebec#1
05-03-11, 09:13 PM
My name is Jesse.Hello everybody.I just picked up an 07 DTS w/64k last week.Traded a Lincoln Town Car for it.I can't believe how much nicer this car is then my 06 Lincoln!Remote start from GM heats the seats,windows and all that.Still getting used to the feel of the car at this point.The memory mirror never goes back to the same place twice!lol.I was a little hesitant about the Northstar engine and the gaskets but I read a little just now that they changed a few things after 04 I think it is.It's got the balance of GM's 5/100k powertrain anyway I believe so that's something.Anyway,I just wanted to introduce myself real quick.:thumbsup

Curious im buying a 2006 dts and it has the Remote start from GM, so does that mean its has the heated seats,windows option ?

HartfordGuy
05-04-11, 09:45 AM
Curious im buying a 2006 dts and it has the Remote start from GM, so does that mean its has the heated seats,windows option ?

Heated seats are optional or included in some packages.

If it is the factory installed remote start it will turn on the rear defroster if the outside temp is below 32 F.