: Oh, The weather outside is frightful...

BlackRavenDTS
01-29-11, 10:02 PM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q36/joltedpwns/IMAG0045.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q36/joltedpwns/IMAG0044.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q36/joltedpwns/IMAG0043.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q36/joltedpwns/IMAG0042.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q36/joltedpwns/IMAG0041.jpg

Rusty058
01-29-11, 10:46 PM
Those scenes look pretty familiar

dkozloski
01-29-11, 11:41 PM
It looks like an uptown Saturday night.

Superjim
01-30-11, 12:01 AM
I'm glad we don't have that stuff down here. :eek:

It was 77 degrees today with bright sunshine.

Darling Wife and I drove over to Cowboy Stadium to see what the Superbowl decorations looked like...
We drove around WITH THE SUNROOF OPEN...:thumbsup: :stirpot:
It was real pleasant today.

Sorry y'all are having such bad weather. :(

Texas Jim

HartfordGuy
01-30-11, 06:11 AM
And another storm coming Tuesday to add to the 74 inches already here.

It should be melted by........July.

BlackRavenDTS
01-30-11, 07:03 AM

Darling Wife and I drove over to Cowboy Stadium to see what the Superbowl decorations looked like...

Texas Jim

:tisk: Not nice to make fun of New Englanders... lol

Superjim
01-30-11, 10:01 AM
:tisk: Not nice to make fun of New Englanders... lol

Sorry 'bout that... :)
We had just got back from the nice drive and stopped at one of our favorite places to eat a double meat, double pepper jack cheese, bacon cheeseburger... when I saw the thread.

I just couldn't help myself...:) :)
While at the same time being glad I wasn't up there in all the bad weather.

If it makes it any better... we are supposed to have an ICE STORM Tuesday into Wednesday... :( :(

Texas Jim

Rusty058
01-30-11, 11:43 AM
A warning light came on yesterday,it was an icon of a car wash,guess it was something only installed on a 2006

07DTS12801
01-30-11, 12:08 PM
I'm in upstate NY and you guys and downstate here have been getting hammered this year!It was 35 below here the other day though.I'll take that over snow every other day anytime!They are talking about yet another storm on Tuesday or Wednesday.

rjm
01-30-11, 02:59 PM

Texas Jim

My parents rode with me to the funeral of a family friend yesterday and shortly after we'd left the church, I noticed the familiar sound, looked over and sure enough my father had turned on his seat cooler. (FYI-car was showing 65 ext. temp).

That's the problem here in the South this time of year, hot one day frigid the next!!

Superjim
01-30-11, 04:07 PM
My parents rode with me to the funeral of a family friend yesterday and shortly after we'd left the church, I noticed the familiar sound, looked over and sure enough my father had turned on his seat cooler. (FYI-car was showing 65 ext. temp).

That's the problem here in the South this time of year, hot one day frigid the next!!

It is supposed to start getting cold here, tomorrow night.
Tuesday is freezing rain and sleet... with temps dropping to 17.. and not getting above freezing till probably Friday.

That's a pretty long time to stay below freezing for here.

Texas Jim

rjm
01-30-11, 07:15 PM
It is supposed to start getting cold here, tomorrow night.
Tuesday is freezing rain and sleet... with temps dropping to 17.. and not getting above freezing till probably Friday.

That's a pretty long time to stay below freezing for here.

Texas Jim

That can only mean one thing---the ladies in the Park Cities will have fur on top of fur!!!

ffrog
02-03-11, 08:05 PM

Texas Jim

:tisk:That will teach you to rub in the nice weather see what problems YOU personnel have caused for the Super Bowl. Saw the stadium on the news this evening.

It will be in the mid 40s here and I will be barbecuing hot wings for the game.

Also heard that you (except for the stadium) are having roving brown outs due to the cold weather.

Best of luck in riding it out.:cool2:

Superjim
02-03-11, 10:19 PM
:tisk:That will teach you to rub in the nice weather see what problems YOU personnel have caused for the Super Bowl. Saw the stadium on the news this evening.

It will be in the mid 40s here and I will be barbecuing hot wings for the game.

Also heard that you (except for the stadium) are having roving brown outs due to the cold weather.

Best of luck in riding it out.:cool2:

Not brown outs...rolling BLACK OUTS. :)
Yesterday they were cutting elect power off every few hours for 15 minutes at a time.
Now I need to replace the batteries in my UPS.
Reckon they deep cycled one time too many. :)

It has not been out of the TEENS since Monday night.
They are calling for another 2 to 3 inches of snow tonight and into tomorrow.
It's supposed to finally get above freezing Saturday and be close to 50 on Superbowl Sunday.

I hope so... I am tired of the cold already... :(

Jim

BlackRavenDTS
02-04-11, 06:53 AM
I hate this weather and the coldness and the snow. It is truly depressing when you have to commute through it EVERYDAY. Ugh....

I hope all this snow melts in HELL! :stirpot:

Mark58
02-04-11, 11:34 AM
Not brown outs...rolling BLACK OUTS. :)
Yesterday they were cutting elect power off every few hours for 15 minutes at a time.
Now I need to replace the batteries in my UPS.
Reckon they deep cycled one time too many. :)

It has not been out of the TEENS since Monday night.
They are calling for another 2 to 3 inches of snow tonight and into tomorrow.
It's supposed to finally get above freezing Saturday and be close to 50 on Superbowl Sunday.

I hope so... I am tired of the cold already... :(

Jim

And you have to get your electric power from Mexico!!! LOL:shhh:

TulsaVic
02-05-11, 03:06 PM
This morning it was 15 degrees which is the warmest it's been since last Saturday's 75 degrees. 14 - 16 inches of snow Tuesday, another 4 yesterday, more tomorrow, and a "significant" storm on Tuesday (maybe another foot). Ain't suppose to be like that here !! Really taxing the 5 snow plows the city owns.....

Superjim
02-05-11, 07:17 PM
This morning it was 15 degrees which is the warmest it's been since last Saturday's 75 degrees. 14 - 16 inches of snow Tuesday, another 4 yesterday, more tomorrow, and a "significant" storm on Tuesday (maybe another foot). Ain't suppose to be like that here !! Really taxing the 5 snow plows the city owns.....

Howdy Vic,

How are the MAIN roads thru Tulsa ??
Are they as bad as the side streets??

Jim

HartfordGuy
02-05-11, 08:10 PM
Oh things just keep getting worse here in New England. So many roofs are collapsing from the weight of the snow on their roofs. Everyones gutters are frozen solid and we have massive ice dams causing water leaks in our homes. Most of us have 4 feet of snow or more in our yards making it hard to even walk around the house to knock snow off. Today we had rain instead of snow. My windows are leaking water at the tops. Just noticed water leaking in around a wall switch plate. Snow along the driveway and walkways is six to seven feet high. Pulling out of driveways and streets is perilous as you cannot see if another car is coming the other way. Most side streets are only one lane wide as there is no room for the plows to push the snow aside anymore. Just getting in and out of my neighborhood is a daily challenge.

Superjim
02-05-11, 08:43 PM
Oh things just keep getting worse here in New England. So many roofs are collapsing from the weight of the snow on their roofs. Everyones gutters are frozen solid and we have massive ice dams causing water leaks in our homes. Most of us have 4 feet of snow or more in our yards making it hard to even walk around the house to knock snow off. Today we had rain instead of snow. My windows are leaking water at the tops. Just noticed water leaking in around a wall switch plate. Snow along the driveway and walkways is six to seven feet high. Pulling out of driveways and streets is perilous as you cannot see if another car is coming the other way. Most side streets are only one lane wide as there is no room for the plows to push the snow aside anymore. Just getting in and out of my neighborhood is a daily challenge.

That is awful... :(
I don't think I could stand that. I have lived most of my life in the South and weather like that would run me nuts.

As bad as our ice storm was... it's nothing compared to what you guys are going thru.

I am thankful right now that I retired a few months ago.
I have just been holed up in the house for the last few days.
I didn't "NEED" to go out... so I didn't. :)

Jim

TulsaVic
02-05-11, 08:55 PM
Jim,
Yesterday the main streets were plowed, but mostly one lane each direction, with exits to the neighborhood 8 - 12 inch slush pools. Highways were not too bad, but the on and off ramps were not well plowed. We reached almost 40F today so there was a vast improvement. Still for a city this size, the road cleanup has been pathetic. (They "cleared" the neighborhood streets by running firetrucks and other municipal vehicles up and down to compact the snow).

Shouldn't complain. Stayed at home all week (and accomplished nothing). And it is much better than the ice storm of 2007 which had most of the city without power for days..... I ended up walking almost 2 miles (round trip) to the store for milk and eggs. Passed a fellow walker who said it was like walking through mash potatoes

Superjim
02-06-11, 12:01 AM
Jim,
Yesterday the main streets were plowed, but mostly one lane each direction, with exits to the neighborhood 8 - 12 inch slush pools. Highways were not too bad, but the on and off ramps were not well plowed. We reached almost 40F today so there was a vast improvement. Still for a city this size, the road cleanup has been pathetic. (They "cleared" the neighborhood streets by running firetrucks and other municipal vehicles up and down to compact the snow).

Shouldn't complain. Stayed at home all week (and accomplished nothing). And it is much better than the ice storm of 2007 which had most of the city without power for days..... I ended up walking almost 2 miles (round trip) to the store for milk and eggs. Passed a fellow walker who said it was like walking through mash potatoes

Thank you for the info.
It was very helpful.
My brother was headed that way from Rogers Arkansas...on his way to Denver.
He drives an 18 wheeler.

Jim

BlackRavenDTS
02-07-11, 08:11 AM
I really hate this weather. It's wearing on me thin. I'm about to go to some other country for 2 weeks to avoid this. Thank goodness for travel company I work for. Lol... too bad there isn't a good time for me to go.... im stuck dealing with the snow. New England is a cool place and all but the snow is the worst thing about this place.

Southern
02-07-11, 09:16 PM
OK guys. I know some of you are in bad shape and are looking for that first robin.........
But to many of us, there is a more reliable harbinger of Spring.

That is when the Boys of Summer descend on Fort Myers for a few weeks and then leave for Minnesota and Boston........and in only SEVEN days, the pitchers and catchers will officially report for spring training! Seven Days!
As a matter of fact, I cruised by the City of Palms Park today.....and saw some big tall guys and some short muscular ones.....playing catch and running......they sure looked like Red Sox kinda guys. Some of the Twins and Red Sox live here in the winter........ Real Snow Birds.

But it has been a rough winter, that's for sure.
There have been 10 or 15 days that I could not drop the top......
And with the weather over the weekend, as you can see, the sun has drifted many feet deep here........
Just keep saying, Spring Training is Good......winter is coming to the end......

Southern

HartfordGuy
02-09-11, 10:07 AM
Love the color on your T-bird.

HartfordGuy
02-12-11, 06:29 AM
Finally! Some sunshine! Had a chance to clean up the car.

The snow is still higher than the car along the driveway and roads, but at least most of it is off the roof tops. 81 inches in 30 days here in Hartford.

I'm sooo looking forward to Spring.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4145/5437903173_b3082e8b07_b.jpg

Superjim
02-12-11, 09:51 AM
Finally! Some sunshine! Had a chance to clean up the car.

The snow is still higher than the car along the driveway and roads, but at least most of it is off the roof tops. 81 inches in 30 days here in Hartford.

I'm sooo looking forward to Spring.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4145/5437903173_b3082e8b07_b.jpg

That sure is a pretty car. :)
I can only imagine what it's like trying to keep it clean in weather like you have. :(

DANG... y'all have had a TON of snow... :eek:
Sure makes me glad I live down here in Texas.
I like "LOOKING" at snow... like on the mountains when we drive thru Colorado ... but I don't like being "IN IT"... :)

Jim

HartfordGuy
02-12-11, 07:18 PM
Jim, This is the first week we haven't had snow fall since December 26th. The temps dropped a few days ago keeping the roads dry, so I took a risk and had the car washed. But alas the cold snap is just about over and things should start melting in a day or two. No doubt the car will be a mess again for a while. But it was nice to get a layer of road spray off for almost a week. Plus I brought the rubber floor mats in the house and washed them off too.

BlackRavenDTS
02-12-11, 09:40 PM
I finally got my car cleaned after weeks of salty White shit all over it. I forgot I have Chrome Wheels lol. Feels great to see them again. :cool2::bouncy: