: Auto Fog Lights

MiCR0C0SM
01-29-11, 10:47 AM
I have my lights set to auto, but whether my fog lights come on with the headlights seems to be an inconsistent pattern over the past two week of ownership. What is the logic? Do you always have to manually manage your fog lights? Should they come on automatically with the head lights? Please advise.

It reminds me of the front parking sensor. Sometimes I need to push the button, other times, it seems to just work. Is it only to press once per session?

Thanks!

Regards,
Eric

TheCaptain
01-29-11, 11:02 AM
I noticed this vehicle remembers your lighting selection, at least between short term shut downs. I think if it sits off for more then an hour(?) then it reverts back to normal lighting.
I've played with this a bit, and turn the headlights off when parked (just leaving the fogs and pipe lights on), and when you take off, the vehicle starts the headlights, and when you go back into park, it kills the headlights again. Also for short shut downs like running into the store or something, it remembers my setting! Neato!

sube5186
01-29-11, 02:02 PM
Your fog lights should NEVER automatically come on with the headlights or DRL. The fog light button is an electronic switch, not a hard button. Therefore, it resets whenever you turn the car off. E.g. If your fog lights are on and you turn the car off, when you turn it back on the fog lights should remain off. That is, assuming you've opened and closed the driver's door in between cycles. This turns off the Retained Accessory Power (RAP).

Your front and rear parking sensors turn on automatically whenever you shift into reverse. If you want your front sensors to turn on and you're not backing first, you must press the button to manually turn them on.

Sube