: Looking for help finding "That New Car Smell" original pump spray product

Nutz
01-29-11, 03:23 AM
Here's my last ditch effort.
The ORIGINAL stuff seen here below Part #622 pump spray WITH THE RED RIBBON AROUND VEHICLE ON LABEL has been discontinued.
http://www.internationaloddities.com/images/oziumimage/thatnewcarsmell.jpg

And replaced by this Part #622R aerosol, which DOES NOT SMELL THE SAME.
http://www.rollingpaperwarehouse.com/assets/images/products/ozium/thumbnails/ozium_large_nc.gif

Can anyone help me find the ORIGINAL stuff (pictured on top)?

Thanks.

Playdrv4me
01-29-11, 03:26 AM
That Ozium stuff sucks. It's supposed to be an odor neutralizer rather than a freshener and it lasts all of 10 minutes.

EChas3
01-29-11, 10:44 PM
Ozium is nothing new and no replacement for 'new car smell'. I think it works pretty well because you can't smell it after 10 minutes, just like you said.

I never thought anyone really bought NCS anyway. The original stuff was just an extract of enamel paint after baking. New paints don't smell the same and the out-gassing of all the vinyl in modern cars produces odors terrible, IMHO.

Playdrv4me
01-29-11, 10:57 PM
Ozium is nothing new and no replacement for 'new car smell'. I think it works pretty well because you can't smell it after 10 minutes, just like you said.

I never thought anyone really bought NCS anyway. The original stuff was just an extract of enamel paint after baking. New paints don't smell the same and the out-gassing of all the vinyl in modern cars produces odors terrible, IMHO.

No, after 10 minutes I could smell the mild odor I was trying to cover up all over again!

orconn
01-29-11, 11:17 PM
I wish someone made an aerosal that dupicated the smell of my dad's new 1950 Packard!

I did find, with the Audi's vinyl interior, that the placement of a new English jumping saddle in the car's cargo area made it smell like it had a new leather interior!

Playdrv4me
01-29-11, 11:24 PM
As long as they haven't been smoked in and have been well cared for, 90s and 2000s Cadillacs have one of the most intoxicating leather scents there is after Connelly hides. BMW leather is also great. The newer Cadillacs (Sigma, XLR new Escalade etc) don't have the smell anymore.

skippydts
02-01-11, 03:18 PM
my 2003 DTS still has the great new leather smell. I did get a scent stick at the car wash place called new leather smell and it really did smell like my leather.

Rusty058
02-01-11, 07:04 PM
Although only 5yrs old my car still has that great new car smell.I noticed in winter however when it's cold, the leather smell isn't all that strong,either that or my 52yr old nose isn't working as good as it has in years past

Stingroo
02-01-11, 11:47 PM
http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/productdetails.aspx?sku=8138174&source=GoogleBase

Ace Hardware, apparently.

Nutz
02-02-11, 08:37 AM
^Almost. They had the replacement stuff without an updated pic. Plus, it was $2.09 per unit plus $7.90 shipping :cop:.

Thanks for the link though. :2thumbs:

Stingroo
02-02-11, 09:38 AM
Damn. TrueValue showed the same photo, but they're the same company as Ace right?

Hmm.... this is turning into quite a difficult search. I fear the Internet may have defeated me for the first time. :(

EChas3
02-02-11, 10:32 PM
I thought ACe & True Value were just like Walmart & K-Mart 15 years ago.

Stingroo
02-02-11, 10:39 PM
What do you mean?

Playdrv4me
02-03-11, 12:41 AM
Ace and True Value do appear to be competitors. For some reason I also thought they were one in the same.

thebigjimsho
02-03-11, 08:42 AM
Sorry guys, no perfumes or fragrances EVER go in any of my cars. It's the best way to keep your car smelling newer, all the time. Fragrances made to smell a certain way fade but leave a different smell and can react with new ones.

I practically live in my Town Cars and usually have 2 meals a day in them and otherwise eat in them all the time. And I constantly am complimented on how clean I keep it. Some comment that it smells new. What they get is no odor whatsoever. Same for my Cadillac. Keep it clean and don't add fragrances and it will smell new, or at least neutral, forever...