: Heated seat problem

kaylascat
01-28-11, 03:43 PM
I bought this 2000 catera with 60,000 miles two years ago and the heated seats have never worked. I can turn the dials and the little lights on both the driver and passenger sides turns orange like it is on, but the seats just never heat up. I have checked all of the fuses and they seem to be fine, I also don't notice any other electrical problems since the K134 was replaced.

I don't know if this is a common problem like a few other things the catera is known for and it is obvious what needs to be fixed. Any one got any ideas or know what is wrong?

libbysman
02-02-11, 09:27 PM
Hi Kaylascat: I have 97 that has the same situation on the driver's side, and I've checked everything except the actual heating element in the seat. And that is where I think my problem is. Maybe it's the same for your 2000. Cheers, Brian

hgqguy
02-03-11, 02:54 PM
2 possibilities. I know a person that disconnected his in the dash board casue something was messed up during a repair and the seats never turned off.. so perhaps someone disconnected them.. I doubt it thought.

My 2000 catera does not have working seat heaters. I belive my elements burnt out in the seat. Last winter the driver side worked, then i smelled soemthing one day.. didnt think about it... next day.. no heated seat. I put 2 and 2 together and figured out it must have been the element burning out in the seat.. :-(

I have not checked on how much it will cost to fix... I would loev to know that info.. they can install aftermarket ones... so i bet it would be easier in a car already equiped with them.. My car has the fancy sport seats.. so knowing my luck.. cost even more!