: Cancelled XMradio/Serius

algiorda
01-27-11, 01:09 PM
I Noticed a huge charge on my bank statement last night and traced the charge to an automatic renewal from XMRadio/Serius for $321.00 for a TWO year / XMEverything renewal charge. This is AFTER I removed my credit card information from their On-Line system. So not only did they auto-renew without my permission, they charged me the top of the line plan for two years.

What Balls!

I love Satellite radio, but this just galled me that I had no other choice but to cancel my service. They still wanted to charge me for the 12 hours I listened!!!

So then they tell me they will give me two months free; I said No Way. Now they are sending me emails saying they want me back for $7.98 per month.

:bonkers: What Gall!

DarrinMI
01-27-11, 02:14 PM
I could go on for an hour about these crooks, but won't. I like their programming, but hate how they handle their business end. I wonder how many customers they have lost because of situations like yours.

sube5186
01-27-11, 02:16 PM
I Noticed a huge charge on my bank statement last night and traced the charge to an automatic renewal from XMRadio/Serius for $321.00 for a TWO year / XMEverything renewal charge. This is AFTER I removed my credit card information from their On-Line system. So not only did they auto-renew without my permission, they charged me the top of the line plan for two years.

What Balls!

I love Satellite radio, but this just galled me that I had no other choice but to cancel my service. They still wanted to charge me for the 12 hours I listened!!!

So then they tell me they will give me two months free; I said No Way. Now they are sending me emails saying they want me back for $7.98 per month.

:bonkers: What Gall!

These people are notoriously unscrupulous. Just search the forum. You'll find tons of examples of unethical business practices like this. They've had all kinds of complaints and government investigations for this sort of thing and they continue to operate with impunity. Did you call to cancel your subscription? If so, I'd file a complaint with the Attorney General's office. I found the below notice buried within their website.

"Unless you call to cancel, your service will continue if you have automatic renewal on your plan. Your card will be charged on renewal at our then standard rates and for future service charges."

I don't think I'll be renewing just based on principal. I don't like the way they treat their customers.

Sube

Ponyman
01-27-11, 04:13 PM
I renewed two cars at the same time. Had to go to their cancellation department, but they finally agreed to the 77 dollar rate plus royalty fees for each vehicle. Should havebeen around 180 dollars. They only charged 130, so I took it as a gift. The SRX comes due March. I am sure I will have to threaten to cancel to get the cheaper rate.

etexlady
01-27-11, 11:40 PM
My three month trial is up end of February. I got an email last week from XM offering to let me extend the trial for another month. However, when I read the "small print", it required I give a cc number and said after the extended trial the card will be charged at the standard rate. Nope, no way. I want to keep the XM but they will have to give me the cheaper rate. I've had Sirius for years with a plug and play radio. I suppose I can reactivate that radio if they won't work with me.

stevec5375
01-28-11, 09:21 AM
I mentioned this in another thread months ago but let me restate it here:

If you want to use a credit card for XM, check to see if your credit card company offers secure or virtual account numbers. If they do, you can use a virtual account number for XM Radio to pay for your subscription. You can cancel the virtual account number at any time without having to close down your actual credit card account. I know for a fact that Discover Card and the Citi AAdvantage MasterCard offer this feature. I suspect it is pretty common.

What I did was give XM a virtual account number then after they ran the charge, I had the number deleted. That way, they can't run any bogus charges onto my account.

2010sled
01-28-11, 05:57 PM
i love my xm raidio, real time traffic, and weather,and dam its a cadillac not a cobalt. you paid fo them opions you are suspose to have them working.

cfp40
01-28-11, 06:58 PM
I renewed my xm after the trial period for $77 + fees for a total of $89 for 12 months. Told them to send me a bill and no automatic renewal. Had to call two times to get so just keep trying.