: Newbie with Maggied V & Questions - AZ Car now in MN

vinnievis
01-27-11, 11:55 AM
Sorry in advance for the long post

First post, so dont be too rough on me cause Im guessing Im gonna do something wrong here... :bouncy:

I bought an 05 Maggied Raven V on eBay back in July from a dealer in AZ. The dealer posted it, and I called and placed a deposit on it immediately based on the 100 or so pics it had and because it was Maggied.

Anyway, the dealer had purchased it at auction as a Repo and didnt realize what he had. The car is tastefully modified, and I assume it was a former Forum members at some time.

Here's what I know about the past owners... It was Registered in March 05 at Cave Creek AZ DMV, and the first owner had it till Jan 08 and put on about 46K. The 2nd owner (Andrew was his name I believe) had it registered at Scottsdale AZ DMV and put 9K on it.

Then I bought it for slightly under retail mainly cause it had the Maggie and it was a super clean AZ car. eBay is a Crap shoot, so I was pleasantly surprised at the mods done.

I have a reputable Corvette tuner about 10 Miles from my house and I stopped there the first day I had it in town to set up a Dyno run but he was busy so I got pushed out a few weeks and never got it in to get it dynoed/tuned... That will be done in March to April as soon as the roads are clean.

The Mods are as follows that I know of:

Manacharger 3.0 Pulley w/metal shaft
Hotchkiss CTS-V Sport Sway Bars
BMR Anti-wheelhop kit
BMR Pinion Support Brace
BMR Toe Rod kit
BMR Trailing Arms
1 7/8"Headers (No Idea of Brand or how to tell, no brand noticeable on them)
B & B Sport Exhaust (I believe, again, no visibile name, just Huge 4" or so Tips)
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs (Springs say Eibach and car is lowered)
Short Throw Shifter (Brand?)

So, Anyone know this car? If so, Any more info on its history?

Also, the car has 61K on it now... Should I chang the Rear Diff Fliud, Brake Fluid, & Trans Fluid since I dont know the history? I changed the Fuel filter immediately cause there is no Boost, or Fuel pressure gague in the car.

What type of RWHP should I be looking for? Im assuming somewhere a little North of 450.

I just found the Diff Part #'s so I will check out which diff is in it. Im assuming that it has been replaced already, and if not I wll be doing that in the future when it Grenades...

A pic is attached.

Claimslngr
01-27-11, 12:05 PM
Nice buy! Good looking car, hope to see you at Cars and Coffee this summer.
And in the words of Garage Logic "Good Luck!"

V-Guy
01-27-11, 12:17 PM
Looks and sounds like a great buy!! Congratulations, and welcome!!

Guy

Twitch
01-27-11, 01:02 PM
You did do something wrong. You bought a black one :thepan: lol

3" pulley and metal shaft means it's probably one of the first Maggies made for our cars. I would get a 2.8" pulley (standard on V Maggies) and install it when I'm ready to go to the tuner.

Congrats

vinnievis
01-27-11, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Where/when is the Cars and Coffee?

What would a 2.8 do for the PSI? Around 4-5? Ive thought about going as low as a 2.6, but 2.7 is where I would probably end up just to be safe from what Ive read mainly cause of belt slip...

Claimslngr
01-27-11, 01:43 PM
Cars and Cafe' is at the Automotorplex in or by Chanhassen the first Saturday of every month in the summer. Only good to go if its not raining though!
You also may want to contact MAPerformance in Minneapolis. Adam has been a sponsor here and a former V owner. They have parts and a tuner thats supposed to be good there also.

CancerJCC
01-27-11, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Where/when is the Cars and Coffee?

What would a 2.8 do for the PSI? Around 4-5? Ive thought about going as low as a 2.6, but 2.7 is where I would probably end up just to be safe from what Ive read mainly cause of belt slip...

I think Randy has a 2.8 and sees 5.5 to 6 psi.

It is difficult to compare a pulley size to exact boost from application to application. Boost is just a measurement of restriction and each car has different setups that either restrict or free up this movement in the intake and exhaust.

Welcome to the boards if I were you I would go ahead and swap all your fluids with Amsoil. There is a gentlemen on the boards (C66racing) who can get you 25% off for being a member here.

As for your other questions I believe the headers have a plate riveted on them somewhere that would tell you what brand. And the exhaust if it is 3" is more than likely B&B.

As for your short shifter. Does the knob screw on or just snap down on? If you put a hole through your sunroof taking it off I'm betting UUC! :)

V-Guy
01-27-11, 05:25 PM
As for your short shifter. Does the knob screw on or just snap down on? If you put a hole through your sunroof taking it off I'm betting UUC! :)

And if the knob screws off easily, it may likely be a KaTech - like mine! :-)

rand49er
01-27-11, 06:06 PM
I wonder who's car that was. Not Chef's ... his was murdered. Maybe heavy has a guess.

With a 3.0 pulley, you're gonna be in the ~430 rwhp neighborhood would be my guess ... maybe a bit more.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

vinnievis
01-27-11, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the info!

I will be doing the upgrades suggested in the spring... Its been parked since Oct...

Clamoring for April, and wondering why I live in MN!:banghead:

CancerJCC
01-27-11, 09:11 PM
And if the knob screws off easily, it may likely be a KaTech - like mine! :-)

I thought it was Katech that screwed on and off but didn't want to miss-inform the OP. I wish mine did but perhaps someday I'll get it threaded. What sort of idiot decided that screwing on the knob was to much work? I know lets just slam it down on!